Man Asks For Jail After Running Out of Xbox Games

Pages PREV 1 2

Adam Jensen:
I have no respect for people like him. If you seriously can't find other things to do for entertainment other than video games then you're a boring person.

To be fair, it's kind of hard to go out and find other things than video games when the second you step out of the house an attack dog is chewing on your cajones like they were today's newspaper, and the handler is too busy melting your eyes out with double team of pepper spray and mace to stop it (exaggeration aside).

That's also assuming he only played games too. I can go through a 200 page book in a couple hours easy if uninterrupted, and there's only so much on TV that is good.

mechalynx:

Doclector:
Snip

I recommend Skyrim. If I didn't have a full time job, two new hobbies and a household to run ('cause my hubbs mostly can't be arsed to) I'd have grown into my chair. Not to mention that I finally found a way to play Xenosaga, have a monstrous backlog and around 20 games I want to replay. My one wish now is to win an insane amount of cash on lottery, so that I can take 6 months off.

Be careful what you wish for.

When I was doing Uni last year, I felt the same way. Lots of study and a part time job to manage left little free time. Then the end of year Uni Break started, and it's 4 months long. I went insane with boredom. I played, beat and got bored of Skyrim in the first month.
By the end of it, I was begging for uni to start again.

Got another 2 of those to go as well. I am definitely picking up some distance subjects or trying for an internship. No WAY am I going through that again.

I like how honest this guy is:

"If you don't take me to jail RIGHT NOW I'mma break every rule in the book to go buy a video game."

Yeah, he was bored and all, but he just COULDN'T stop himself from going to go get... seriously, does he not have Steam? XBLA Arcade games too much of a hassle? Now I'm curious as to what he did to get 11 months of house-arrest. And how, after 10 months, he still HAD a house, or electricity.

Captcha: "never gonna give you up"

Really? I mean... he has a month left, and he decides to spend it in jail?

Dude just get a couple emulators, grab some old Square games and you're good to go.

Seriously? Pathetic.

Then again he was on an xbox, if he had a PC there are dozens of free games that would have kept him entertained the remaining time and then some.

What has he done? because i sure as hell would LOVE to have time to play the games on my list. i got enough to last me 3 years too, so can easily take 11 months.

CrystalShadow:

But honestly, you quickly run out of things to do if you're housebound. And that's true even if you ARE technically allowed to leave and buy new things, let alone if you aren't...

No. whenever its possible and real live allwos i dont leave house for weeks. i would never leave if i could. also he probably can order though internet so buying shouldnt be that bad. also somoene has to bring him food too, so there is soem way to get supplies in.

Krinkle Ymouse:

When I was doing Uni last year, I felt the same way. Lots of study and a part time job to manage left little free time. Then the end of year Uni Break started, and it's 4 months long. I went insane with boredom. I played, beat and got bored of Skyrim in the first month.

Got another 2 of those to go as well. I am definitely picking up some distance subjects or trying for an internship. No WAY am I going through that again.

wow. how could you get bored in 4 months? i have games i want to play for years ahead if i had time. sadly a full time job (aprt time is not enough money) and uni means that i ahvent turned on a game in like 10 days now :(
in fact when i can i abuse weekends with no sleep that night because there just so little time in a day that sleeping is a waste. "nothing to do" has left my dictionary 6 years ago.

Strazdas:

Krinkle Ymouse:

wow. how could you get bored in 4 months? i have games i want to play for years ahead if i had time. sadly a full time job (aprt time is not enough money) and uni means that i ahvent turned on a game in like 10 days now :(
in fact when i can i abuse weekends with no sleep that night because there just so little time in a day that sleeping is a waste. "nothing to do" has left my dictionary 6 years ago.

Yep. I once had a 2 month summer break (we only get 2 months in Sweden) without securing a summer job, 'cuase I had money saved up and mom wanted me to spend my summer with her. It was the least productive two months of my life. All I did was eat, sleep and play games. I look back on that time with shame and longing.

OT, maybe he didn't have internet. I'd go nuts then. It's my umbilical cord to the world.

I would think it would be a better to either invest in a few indie bundles or have a friend grab a few games for you somewhere. Going from games to jail with nothing in between seems like an exaggeration.

The Plunk:
Fuckin' casual. 10 months of house arrest would barely even dent my backlog.

Yeah! He deserves to go to jail!

...Too far?

Fappy:
Hopefully he brings a good book! I had a friend in college who spent his summer in jail (they worked it out so he spent his 2-month sentence between semesters) and just read books the whole time. Said it was boring, but he got a lot of reading in >.>

If I could bring my Kindle I'd probably be able to read through two life sentences without buying a new book.

...I have a problem. >.<

mechalynx:

Strazdas:

Krinkle Ymouse:

Yep. I once had a 2 month summer break (we only get 2 months in Sweden) without securing a summer job, 'cuase I had money saved up and mom wanted me to spend my summer with her. It was the least productive two months of my life. All I did was eat, sleep and play games. I look back on that time with shame and longing.

OT, maybe he didn't have internet. I'd go nuts then. It's my umbilical cord to the world.

i used to do that back when i was a kid, had no internet. starcraft for a week? no problem. create a 50 hour stronghold map? no problem.
no time for that since internet came....

10 months?... That's it? That's not even close enough of a time for me to burn through my Steam backlog.. Xbox, I guess I can understand, but PC.. heh.. Cannot wait for another Steam sale. More games that I'll buy and never play! Yay! :D

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here