Call of Duty: Ghosts Will Let You Play as the Dog

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Looks like Call of Duty is going to have these terrorists dead to rights!

Me55enger:
When I ask this, I ask it with all the bitter, sarcastic irony my overwieght British corpse can muster:

But how is it going to hold the gun?

Ah. We are witnessing history here, behold the creation of a brand new genre: the First Person Biter

RJ 17:

UnnDunn:
Now let's have dog gameplay in multiplayer... make it a scorestreak or something.

That's what I'm guessing they'll end up doing. It'll likely be similar to a chopper-gunner or something in that you'll run off and hide your actual guy before calling in the dog, at which point you open a little computer that "gives the dog directions", letting you play as the dog.

I imagine it playing just like the RC-XD scorestreak in Black Ops, only with more leaping bites and fewer self-detonations.

...that's been done before. Back in the 1990's, too.

The original Rise of the Triad had a powerup that turned you into a dog for a period. The new one's going to have the same power up as well.

So, anyone want to take bets on how long it takes PETA to come up with a "parody" of this?

Hell yeah, I approve of this 100%.

I'm a fan of that dog. I didn't think I would warm up to him, especially seeing as the one that kept getting shoved down my throat in Fable did nothing but frustrate me, but this one I can't wait to see more of.

That dog is so dying in your arms as it's protecting you from bullets. I suppose it's the next logical step in "shock kills". From soldier to civilians to child. Animal is really the only one left.

"Sir, the entire internet's laughing at us for trying to pass off the dog as an important innovation! What should we do?"

"Uh... shove the dog in their faces even more and pray it starts working?"

"BRILLIANT!"

Because why not? They'll sell a billion copies anyway.

That actually sounds rather fun.
Of course they will end up killing the poor thing though.

Am I the only one who read the news article and thought "Oh man, I hope we get a "Crotch bite" action when controlling the dog, kind of like a special melee kill executed with the knife button" ?

I honesty have nothing else to say...just...So?! It's a dog...
The last time a video game tried pushing a dog on me I couldn't wait for that damn thing to get shot. Useless thing kept digging up condoms..

Hero in a half shell:

Me55enger:
When I ask this, I ask it with all the bitter, sarcastic irony my overwieght British corpse can muster:

But how is it going to hold the gun?

Ah. We are witnessing history here, behold the creation of a brand new genre: the First Person Biter

Nope. That's been done before as well.

These dog puns are annoying. They make me want to pick a bone with whoever started them. They really screwed the pooch on this one.

In before PE..

Daverson:
So, anyone want to take bets on how long it takes PETA to come up with a "parody" of this?

Goddamit too slow again.

I can't wait for the turret mission where you play as the dog! Lol what an innovation, Call of Duty.

Eh, All this does is make me wish that Takedown: Red Sabre follows suit and allows you to play as the Snowman :P

I will only play this if the mo-cap for the dog is being done by Elijah Wood

I don't even know why.

UnnDunn:

RJ 17:

UnnDunn:
Now let's have dog gameplay in multiplayer... make it a scorestreak or something.

That's what I'm guessing they'll end up doing. It'll likely be similar to a chopper-gunner or something in that you'll run off and hide your actual guy before calling in the dog, at which point you open a little computer that "gives the dog directions", letting you play as the dog.

I imagine it playing just like the RC-XD scorestreak in Black Ops, only with more leaping bites and fewer self-detonations.

Ehhhhhh I'm still thinking more along the lines of chopper-gunner. Hell, there's even a screenshot already:
Edit: Which someone apparently already posted three posts above this one.

:P

SwimmingRock:
Sweet. Now I just need to wait for someone to adapt that engine to a pure dog simulator. I wanna play as a Welsh Corgi and just be adorable. Oh, and perform a "vicous lunge for the throat" if the AI pretends to throw a ball, but doesn't really throw it.

Don't worry about that, they've already announced it for Day-1 DLC:

ThreeName:

OT: They'd better not kill the fucking dog. Dogs dying is always sad.

The saddest thing ever put to screen...cartoon or otherwise

Hey, Infinity Ward, I don't know a whole lot of dogs that play video games. I DO however, know a lot of WOMEN that play video games. Sure would be nice if you had a FEMALE avatar, but no. I guess getting to play as a dog was more important.

hazabaza1:
So I guess CoD will keep up with the Killing the Protagonist trend.

WW2-style anti-tank bomb dogs. The final sacrifice for Kibble and country - it's going to happen.

Edit: how could I forget one of my favourite things ever? The Day Today has already covered the subject of Bomb Dogs..

'Terrierists', ha!

Well then I guess this is the first Call of duty I'm buying since Cod 4

If they do not provide a game-play segment that involves chasing a ball the they have failed as writers.

I also predict that the plot twist will reveal the dog to be working for the other side.

Ahhh.... It would be so awesome if the dog was a double agent, and ends up betraying you.

I'm fucking sold now.

I said I will never buy another CoD game ever again, but here they go and they are throwing this option in to play as the dog. Now I'm really interested in the campaign.

Lunar Templar:

Blunderboy:
And people say that CoD never innovates.

:p they don't, another game who's name escapes me at the moment did the 'play as a dog' thing to, Yahtzee reviewed it awhile ago as I recall.

That said, this is still kinda cool, not enough to make me wanna a CoD game in my home, but still cool

It's about as innovative as their incredible fish AI. Meaning it's already been done years ago but they hope noone remembers and will call it innovation anyway.

It seems to be an unpopular opinion on this forum, but I for one can't wait for new Call of Duty. Y'know, "can't wait" as in a year of waiting for new generic shooter (that's mostly only generic because other developers are majorly copying them more than the games themselves being bland, just throwin' that out there) literally kills me. I'm typing this from the graaaaave, oooOOOOOooooo!

But I'm interested in what could be done gameplay-wise from a reconnaisence position, providing intel and distraction for the rest of your team rather than just point-clicking anything that moves until it stops moving, occasionally holding W through set pieces. And while the gameplay will likely follow a "Press button to mark enemy, wait for sniper to take them out" format, eh. I like a little simplicity between my RPGs and 'complex' shooters.

Play as the dog, eh?

Day one purchase if they actually map 'lick your own crotch' to a button.

"Dog! fetch Ramirez that RPG so he can take out that chopper, stay frosty"

Yeah.. No.. Fuck the CoD series

10 years ago this concept would have been awesome, there would've been all sorts of goofy crap you could get away with. Now it's going to be a series of railroaded extended cut-scenes that don't let you have any fun.

Oh yeah, real original guys!

Faith Meade:
Hey, Infinity Ward, I don't know a whole lot of dogs that play video games. I DO however, know a lot of WOMEN that play video games. Sure would be nice if you had a FEMALE avatar, but no. I guess getting to play as a dog was more important.

Yeah, okay, this is also something that needs to be brought up a few more times.

A lot of militaries in the civilized world have gotten past the whole "No women in warzones because our boners get confused" idea, and the US itself passed that legislation riiight around the time this game would have gone into development. So what the fuck, Activision?

Are we really going to pretend that any substantial majority of players won't buy this game because it has a female player character? It's Call of Duty, most people buy Call of Duty games because they're Call of Duty games, and we want more Call of Duty (Because the other alternative is buying EA's yearly Call of Duty clones, and those are always terrible).

It's not like you can't have the main protagonist be a dudebro, Call of Duty has always had multiple point of view characters - that's the whole point! And don't do it the cheapskate way EA did it with Battlefield 3, where the female PoV character has no voice, is never seen on-screen, and isn't allowed to hold a gun. That was bullshit.

With this development, I guess the next installment will be called "Call of Duty: woof woof bark lol you're a dog"

Whats so special about that? The point of view will be lower, you'll be faster and will have no gun for a few moments.

I don't see how this gives me a super special unique gameplay in "CoD: Shoot more brown guys".

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here