Plants vs Zombies 2 Gets 30 Second E3 Reveal Trailer

Plants vs Zombies 2 Gets 30 Second E3 Reveal Trailer

Eeeew! What's been going on here?

Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time, sequel to Popcap Games' hit tower defense title Plants vs Zombies, is going to get an E3 reveal. In advance of that deathless moment of drama, have a look at this short teaser trailer. What happened? Did somebody sneeze?

The sequel will be a free-to-play iOS game. "We've created wild new ways to experience the plants and zombies you know and love," said Senior Producer Allen Murray at the time its release date was announced, "as well as packing the game with tons of completely new content." Slimy new content, by the look of things. Is Great Cthulhu somehow involved, or is that just a suggestive looking outline? And that garden gnome looks shifty; maybe he's a zombie spy? Or maybe not, but the E3 reveal should sort things out one way or the other.

Plants vs Zombies 2: It's About Time is set for a July 18 release, for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.

Source: Games HQ YouTube

Oh shit! Those zombies got the Travelocity gnome! Now how will I book my vacation flights?

"We've created wild new ways to experience the plants and zombies you know and love,"

All the while removing the way the vast majority of people experienced it last time. On a console or PC.

I still cannot fathom their logic behind this. It'd be like COD becoming a PC exclusive.

Okay so the fact that it's a FTP is already raising my hackles. It means you'll have to spend real monies at daves seed shop. Since FTP means Micro transaction central. Which will invariably kill the fun of the game and the market base.

Really, this is why I don't like FTP, What happened to you know just buying a game and getting everything in it. I mean PvZ 2 didn't have to do much,

They better reconsider what they release the game on. Really, none of the gamers I know out in the real world, that played and loved Plants versus Zombies, have an iOS device; they all have smart phones from better and more reliable companies. If you haven't guess, technology wise, Apple is a dirty word among the people I know.

As it has been pointed out, since it is free to play, then that means it is going to have micro transactions. Considering with such a model, a normal company would want to have the game on as many platforms as possible to nickel and dime people, but they say it is only on iOS, that means that Apple like the over pricing money grubbing nuts they are, probably paid to make it an iOS exclusive to try and stay relevant while the other smart phone and tablet companies that are running PC-like builds are passing them up and at record speeds.

Really with Samsung winning in the Apple lawsuit last week, Apple is going to be hard pressed to release any new products in the US, unless they can actually learn to make their products without using someone else's ideas.

Edit: I just wish it meant that Apple would shrivel up and disappear within this decade.

FUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK

why would they do this. i loved this game on PC, was really looking forward to the sequel. i have it on my phone (android, not fucking iphone) but drains the battery pretty fast so i usually have to be plugged in to play it anyway, so... on PC still is better.

also, FTP can die in a pit of fire, just means you only get to play half the damn game. i would much rather buy it outright and get everything

Yep Freemium iOS exclusive, I really REALLLY want to say this is EAs doing.

Legion:

"We've created wild new ways to experience the plants and zombies you know and love,"

All the while removing the way the vast majority of people experienced it last time. On a console or PC.

I still cannot fathom their logic behind this. It'd be like COD becoming a PC exclusive.

It's a timed exclusive apparently. They're bringing it to consoles and PC later.

Karloff:
Is Great Cthulhu somehow involved, or is that just a suggestive looking outline?

Not seeing Cthulhu anywhere in that. If you're talking about the outline on the fence at the start, that would appear to be a Zombie wearing football padding.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here