Dead Rising 3 Exclusive to Xbox One

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dead Rising 3 Exclusive to Xbox One

Nick Ramos Dead Rising 3

Dead Rising 3 goes open world and will integrate SmartGlass.

Today, at Microsoft's E3 2013 conference, Capcom unveiled Dead Rising 3, which will be released as an Xbox One-exclusive this holiday season. No stranger to big environments, the third game in the series will expand on previous efforts, this time taking place across the open world city of Los Peridos. Fans of the series can, in turn, expect the franchise's trademark zombie hordes to be the largest the series has ever seen and on par with what one would expect to find in a bustling metropolis turned undead.

Luckily for Nick Ramos, the game's protagonist, it looks as though players will have abundant tools to fight back against the ravenous hordes that populate Los Peridos, inclusing hundreds of unique weapons that can be found throughout the city. You'll also be able to create and customize new weapons using items you find as you work your way through the city. During the game's demonstration, for instance, a flashlight was strapped to a gun to make it easier to aim in a dark space.

The game's open world nature will also give multiple options for evading hordes that are too large to fight. In the demo, Nick could be seen climbing up on rough tops and working his way through buildings to escape hungry zombies. Likewise, he was able to use flares to distract them and board a car that he then used to escape. The game will also feature SmartGlass integration which, during the demonstration, was used to call in artillery fire to help clear a path through a horde that was both too big to fight and avoid.

Judging based on how loosely Microsoft throws the word "exclusive" around it wouldn't surprise me if it was also for PC or if the PS4 version is released a month afterwards or something similar

I have exactly one question. Why would you sign an exclusivity deal with Xbone AFTER the train-wreck of the reveal? I understand about deals that happened beforehand; you didn't know exactly how bad the Xbone shitstorm would be. But now that you *know*, why would you say "I want my game to reach as few people as possible. Xbox, please give me an exclusivity deal."

SNCommand:
Judging based on how loosely Microsoft throws the word "exclusive" around it wouldn't surprise me if it was also for PC or if the PS4 version is released a month afterwards or something similar

I agree. Battlefield 4 was labelled as exclusive during the trailer too which everyone knows is not.

Sorry, but nothing can convince me to buy a Xbox One.

So all those exclusives are just games I sadly will never be able to play, hopefully they all come to other platforms at one point.

(I plan on not buying a console, just upgrading my PC and if I really feel the need for one, I'll grab myself a PS4)

Was I the only one who thought it looked bland and nothing like the other games? Granted there are zombies and weapon combining, but it just looks like any other shooty game. Also, why does a mechanic have access to artillery strikes and why aren't the people firing just destroying all of the zombies? Game logic I suppose.

Such a shame, I liked dead rising 2.

I hope if CrapCom releases the game later that players will do the same to CrapCom... and delay purchasing the game, for a month or so for the big FU CrapCom just tossed out to the PC and PS3 fans of Dead Arising 2.

I would imagine its a stupid decision on CrapComs behalf to limit this highly successful IP ... to one yet to be established market, you can bet anything that Activision wouldnt even think of limiting CoD, only a timed exclusive on the packs... hell they still release PC versions.

Calling it now... Dead Arising 3, fails to hit desired sales figures, CrapCom releases the game for 360, PC , PS3 and PS4.
(ignoring the whole only possible on XBox One comment).

(EDIT- meant a market not established -> XBox One)

I like Dead Rising, but I'm not gonna pay a $500 entry fee just to play it

uncanny474:
I have exactly one question. Why would you sign an exclusivity deal with Xbone AFTER the train-wreck of the reveal? I understand about deals that happened beforehand; you didn't know exactly how bad the Xbone shitstorm would be. But now that you *know*, why would you say "I want my game to reach as few people as possible. Xbox, please give me an exclusivity deal."

Capcom must be wetting themselves in excitement over the XBone's DRM schemes.

I hope this is incorrect. I enjoy the Dead Rising games. But I will not buy this system for any number of games. Too many downsides... so many that I would be hard pressed to want to spend money on it, even if there are exclusives I really like.

Also, I can't believe Capcom is falling into this trap. They are by far one of the stupidest publishers around. Very few are dumb enough to sign exclusives anymore. But, that said, I doubt that the system will move that well, at least at first. This will mean a later release for everyone else, which is the worst case scenario.

Oh well, this is a shame.
Let's roll on the PS exclusives

I must say I'm impressed. Dead Rising always had/has it's charm. An open world with zombies and weapons everywhere in which to utilize. But like the others said; is this really an exclusive. Last time they said that then released on PS3 and PC iirc. Might this one be the same. Otherwise that's a nice feather in the Xbox One cap.

Raiyan 1.0:

uncanny474:

I'm sad they just couldn't scale it back far enough for the Ouya :P

DVS BSTrD:

Raiyan 1.0:

uncanny474:

I'm sad they just couldn't scale it back far enough for the Ouya :P

Might as well strip it back for a Casio pocket calculator.

Too bad nobody is going to buy the Xbox One. Seriously that thing is so bad it's like something out of a Penny Arcade comic.

Guess this means I'm not buying Dead Rising 3 then. Shame, I liked 2 and Off The Record.

This looks like a pretty cool game, it got good once they showed going into buildings. But by heck there are a lot of zombies in it =D

It doesn't matter the game looks terrible anyway. They ripped all of the defining traits of a Dead Rising game out of 3 and turned it into a dudebro GTA clone with tactical nukes.

To think I believed in Capcom Vancouver.

After Dead Rising 2, I'll pass if this really is exclusive or not. For a hack'n'slash game, the hack'n'slash mechanics in DR2 weren't too great.

...What about the last 2 games? What were they? Closed World? O_o

... ... ... Bastards

I only recently said that I wanted an open world zombie game, and although I never bought Dead Rising, I did enjoy the cheap 400MS one they released before, it was quite a fun way to kill a couple of hours.

That's one interesting exclusive, but still nowhere near good enough to make me want an XBone.

Diablo1099:

More like open mall/Vegas hellhole which are obviously distinctly small than a world.

Given the fact that Capcom has pretty much an equivalent to MS in the dickwaving competition, I feel like they'll be best friends this generation. Thus, DR3 deserves its position on the xbone. Seriously though, unless Dead Rising 3 spontaneously spawns 8 robot masters or a couple of prosecutors I'm not going to care much about it. It's zombies... I'm sick of them...

TJC:

Diablo1099:

More like open mall/Vegas hellhole which are obviously distinctly small than a world.

Given the fact that Capcom has pretty much an equivalent to MS in the dickwaving competition, I feel like they'll be best friends this generation. Thus, DR3 deserves its position on the xbone. Seriously though, unless Dead Rising 3 spontaneously spawns 8 robot masters or a couple of prosecutors I'm not going to care much about it. It's zombies... I'm sick of them...

Well, when you put it THAT way.
Just I always thought the last 2 games could be considered "Open World/Free Roam"

uncanny474:

That's not how Contract Law works. If they've signed a deal they'll have to make good on their obligations.

Damn, that's a pity. I kinda enjoyed Dead Rising 2 (and the 1st one didn't look half-bad either.)

Diablo1099:

TJC:

Diablo1099:

Well, when you put it THAT way.
Just I always thought the last 2 games could be considered "Open World/Free Roam"

well, yeah, but the new one is going to be even opener, if not the openest of all Dead Rising games or whatever sounds good on the marketing blurb to make the game more appealing to the masses

uncanny474:

this capcom we're talking about here

can't release a game without heavy, cumbersome stipulations that assume it will gain money

won't release a game even though it's completed because they don't think it'll make money

This is truly a sad day, my favourite new IP of the last generation exclusive to the Xbone. I'm still would not buy one even if Microsoft paid me for it.

Oh crapcom, here we go again. So I guess they must really hate my dirty PC gamer money. Much like Yahtzee said, it doesn't have something one wants but it holds something one wants hostage.

Damn it all. I was hoping this was a rumor.

Dead Rising is my favorite franchise of the last decade. I've played and loved each of those games. Bought most of them multiple times (DR2 on 360, PS3, and PC. Same for Off the Record).

I... I don't want to miss a Dead Rising installment. :(

I feel like Dead Rising 3 is going to be a temporary exclusive. Dead Rising 2 and Off The Record are both on PC and I can't see Capcom limiting the sales of DR3 to one platform for very long.

Loved the games but hated the time limit thing.

Too bad the first two games were allot of fun, however not in the least worth buying a console for. I'll just wait for the exclusivity deal to run and then Capcom can bring it to PC, kinda wanted to play it on day one but hey. I'm not spending a dime on an Xbone for Dead Rising 3.

What's that? Another game that I won't be getting due to my policy to not get fucked over by a 500 dollar DRM box? You don't say!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here