Dead Rising 3 Exclusive to Xbox One

Pages PREV 1 2

uncanny474:
I have exactly one question. Why would you sign an exclusivity deal with Xbone AFTER the train-wreck of the reveal? I understand about deals that happened beforehand; you didn't know exactly how bad the Xbone shitstorm would be. But now that you *know*, why would you say "I want my game to reach as few people as possible. Xbox, please give me an exclusivity deal."

what do you mean after? where did you find such information? im pretty sure they signed it up before we even knew about Xbone.

uncanny474:
I have exactly one question. Why would you sign an exclusivity deal with Xbone AFTER the train-wreck of the reveal? I understand about deals that happened beforehand; you didn't know exactly how bad the Xbone shitstorm would be. But now that you *know*, why would you say "I want my game to reach as few people as possible. Xbox, please give me an exclusivity deal."

Judging by Capcom's past dealings with Microsoft you can assume alot of money changed hands to get this game on their console " exclusively". Capcom has always been for sale and Sony never seems to want to pay them the bribes to get the goodies.

OT: I doubt it will stay exclusive to the Xbox, but it will prolly have dlc that is xbox only just like the last one.

uncanny474:

Exclusives don't get their money back with sales. You are paid a lump sum up front to make a game as cheaply as possible for a console.

The sales are just icing.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-22-capcom-denies-alienating-dr2-ps3-gamers

THIS. What makes anyone so sure Capcom actually gives a crap about the Playstation fanbase. They've made it pretty clear what their impression of us is so I don't see any reason to be excited for Dead Rising 3 even if by some miracle the game does come to the PS4, there's plenty of other games for me such as Killzone: Shadowfall, inFamous: Second Son, Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4 (it was apparently confirmed by Ubisoft), The Order 1886 and so on (around 140 PS4 games remember).

So clearly there's plenty of people quite willing to take my money for me to be concerned about those guys over at Capcom. Capcom can consider this the final straw, their bridge to me is well and truly burnt down.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here