PlayStation 4 Game Sharing: This Is How It's Done

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Sony President Shuhei Yoshida and Adam Boyes of SCEA have released a detailed and devastatingly funny video explaining how to share games on the PlayStation 4.

The buzz on Twitter at the moment is all about the utter demolition of Microsoft at the hands of Sony's E3 press conference, which wrapped up just a few minutes ago. It was about as close to perfect as anyone could ask: plenty of games, indie support, a long-awaited look at the console, no online requirements, clear and unambiguous support for used games and game trading and a price point that's actually 100 bucks less than the Xbox One.

But Sony not only beat Microsoft at every turn, it managed to look good doing it, too. Not just good - brilliant. This video is perhaps the sickest corporate burn of all time, and it's made even more impressive by the fact that it comes from the same company that gave us that "creepy baby" business for the PlayStation 3. There is no question, there is no doubt: This is how it's done.

This was just the icing on top of a delicious cake, in all honesty. That conference was a thing of beauty towards the end.

Sony shows just how easy sharing games on the PlayStation 4

IT'S OVER, IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!!! Sony has just delivered the final bloody punch against Microsoft, slapped them with their dick, and proceeded to piss all over their corpse!

Gentleman, my sides have left the building.

Because of this video, I might buy a ps4 on launch day.

I'm dead serious

While Jim might be having fun tearing into Microsoft right now, I would love to hear what he thinks about the PS4.

So, this all pretty much ends the battle. Sony is not DRMing OR against used games, and now this. They win. They just fucking won it all with the KISS (Keep it simple, stupid) method. Given this little nugget of joy, Sony will probably remain quite savvy for a great while and clean up.

This is awesome. I didn't get a chance to see the Press Conference live, but now I'm so looking forward to the replay.

If Sony doesn't do any sneaky shenanigans while everyone's guard is down, I'd say the future looks bright for the PS4.

Now all they need is for it to be released. I WILL be getting a PS4. It's now just a question of when. Xbone will never be welcome in my home. PS4 WiiU and PC. May MS rest in piece.

How to Share Games.

Produced by Sony

Written by J.R.R. Toldkien

Even though I have no love for consoles, I have to say "Good on you, Sony!".

Oh god that was good. A not so subtle kick to M$'s balls right there.

The fact that this is an official video and not some parody makes it all the more sweet.

Now if only Microsoft produces a "How not to share games" using their own system, ahaha!

Saw the punchline coming. Laughed anyway. I've had my problems with you, Sony, but I'll give you a thumbs-up for this beautiful little flick to Microsoft's nose.

Sony Executives: "Thanks for gifting us the next generation Microsoft".

Fucking lost it when I saw that video on my Facebook feed.

Andy Chalk:

Sony President Shuhei Yoshida and Adam Boyes of SCEA have released a detailed and devastatingly funny video explaining how to share games on the PlayStation 4.

I generally don't approve of companies taking shots directly at each other in advertising, but in this instance, it's truly wonderful.

I just need to repost this...

To Microsoft:

Burn!

It really says a lot about the state of gaming when "you can put the disc in and it will play the game" is a slam-dunk.

I had a horrible fucking day but, dammit that video just made it a good day xD

Sony made a lot of right decisions this time round. Sadly, there weren't any games for the system I'm interested in, other than Knack and The Order, to a small degree. But, I'm still optimistic. $100 cheaper too also. So, unless the Wii U suddenly makes a Wii U-turn with the consumer's hearts, it's a likely bet PS4 has won this gen.

Well played Sony, well played. I mean, I was going to buy your console regardless, but everything I'm seeing here just cemented it.

Captcha: do it now!

Well, I WOULD Captcha, but the console isn't available yet. Have alittle patience.

OK, that was extremely hilarious. That burn was pretty fucking amazing. Well played, Sony, well played.

frizzlebyte:
This is awesome. I didn't get a chance to see the Press Conference live, but now I'm so looking forward to the replay.

If Sony doesn't do any sneaky shenanigans while everyone's guard is down, I'd say the future looks bright for the PS4.

Well the announced you need playstation plus to play online now but outside that ya I agree.

aba1:

frizzlebyte:

Well the announced you need playstation plus to play online now but outside that ya I agree.

Not required, and $10 less a month than Microsoft's.

It's over ladies and gentleman. The fat lady sung! The Pony Slaystation 4 is the winner and the XBone shall crawl back into that black hole it came from.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

aba1:

frizzlebyte:

yup its cheaper but it was revealed to be needed for online multiplayer sadly.

My theme for this moment:

And here was me worried that this next generation was going to suck! Playstation, I thank you for all the good times, past, present and future. XD

I wouldn't say it's over for Microsoft, but it certainly doesn't look good. Bought the 360 last gen, will be buying a PS4 this gen!

ZombieMonkey7:
IT'S OVER, IT'S ALL OVER!!!!!!! Sony has just delivered the final bloody punch against Microsoft, slapped them with their dick, and proceeded to piss all over their corpse!

Footage of the event in progress:

It's the Most ELECTRIFYING MOVE...In gaming today.

Ring the bell! Ring the damn bell!

Sony's whole press conference was a massive slam duck that simultaneously generated tons of hype about new games (Kingdom Hearts 3 *squeal*) and stomped on microsoft while they were down. Seriously, it was like watching a clinic on how to have good PR.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

A lot of sources are reporting they confirmed it's required.

MeowZhuxi:
Sony's whole press conference was a massive slam duck that simultaneously generated tons of hype about new games (Kingdom Hearts 3 *squeal*) and stomped on microsoft while they were down. Seriously, it was like watching a clinic on how to have good PR.

Slam Duck? Kingdom Hearts? Poor Donald!

I hope PETA nails their asses!

(sorry, the context of the typo. I had to. I HAD TO.)

saintdane05:
It really says a lot about the state of gaming when "you can put the disc in and it will play the game" is a slam-dunk.

Well considering the what the competition are doing...

Yes it does.

aba1:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

aba1:

yup its cheaper but it was revealed to be needed for online multiplayer sadly.

You got a sauce to back that up? I didn't hear anything about that.

NVM its legit:
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/ps4-to-require-ps-plus-membership-for-multiplayer-play/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/ps4-to-require-ps-plus-membership-for-multiplayer-play/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ps-plus-required-to-play-ps4-games-online-6409709/

Shame I thought he was referring to something else during the conference.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here