Bayonetta 2 for Wii U Gets New Gameplay Footage

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Bayonetta 2 for Wii U Gets New Gameplay Footage

Bayonetta's back, and she's got a new haircut.

During today's Nintendo E3 Direct, CEO Satoru Iwata showed off a new trailer and gameplay footage for Bayonetta 2, the sequel to Platinum Games' much lauded gun witch action title. Previous trailers hadn't shown anything about the new game other than that, well, it exists.

The new trailer shows off Bayonetta's new haircut and showed her fighting a mysterious enemy with a double bladed sword, who can apparently manipulate time. Bayonetta 2 now has a mysterious 2014 release date.

Exclusive? hummm for how long I wonder? I'm not a Bayonetta fan, not my type of game, but hey, it's not the sort of stuff to stick exclusively for NINTENDO, I'm sure it'll be released for Xbox One and PS4 later on, maybe with those enhancements that make people who got the "exclusive" version so pissed.

it wont go multiplatform as stated in the past nintendo funded it so its theirs by right

Milanezi:
Exclusive? hummm for how long I wonder? I'm not a Bayonetta fan, not my type of game, but hey, it's not the sort of stuff to stick exclusively for NINTENDO, I'm sure it'll be released for Xbox One and PS4 later on, maybe with those enhancements that make people who got the "exclusive" version so pissed.

Nintendo paid for them to develop the game when nobody else would.

It's a WiiU exclusive for quite a long time I imagine.

I love her her new look :D

Well fuck, guess I'm getting a wiiU, that looks kinda fuck awesome.

A WiiU game that looks fun?
Darn...

I love the cameo by Parappa the Rapper at the end.

Mikeyfell:
Darn...

I thought they were from Yugioh based on that giant pyramid necklace.

that looks pretty fucking badass. Well that WiiU that was given for christmas just may have a use other than collecting dust.

Her new look gets my instant approval!

Never finished the first game (got damn close) So I might wrap it up and get this once I get a Wii-U!

Chalk it up for the "Must-Buy" list.

kajinking:

Mikeyfell:
Darn...

I thought they were from Yugioh based on that giant pyramid necklace.

Oh wow, that does look like the Millenium Puzzle.

Either way, I won't find out for a while because even though it looks awesome I still don't feel like getting a WiiU

Want this game so bad.

Looks even crazier than the first one.

Want it so so bad.

With this & Pikmin 3, I might actually consider getting a Wii U

This, Wonderful 101 and X were the best games out of the Direct. They all look phenomenal.

Come on Nintendo, time to step up your first-party efforts. At this point, Platinum are selling your console for you.

Oh my god, will this be playable at the best buy demo's this Saturday? Please say yes, please!

Looks just like the first game with new enemy skins to me, most of the backgrounds shown in the trailer are in the first game too.
Really liked Baynonetta, but this trailer didn't do anything to make me want to buy a WiiU or feel sad that I'd miss out on the sequel.

Also, not digging her new hair style. It makes her look like an old woman or Susan Kennedy from Neighbors rather than a sexy witch.

Finally we got a good look at Bayonetta new look and I am liking the new short hair look (look like she can grow out her hair for her hair related summon).
Heh, in hindsight are people still complaining that it is an Wii U exclusive given to the X Box One cons? (Well ok it could of come out for the PS4.)

Good News: there's finally three exclusives I want to play on Wii U now.

Bad News: NONE of them are out until 2014.

Pick up the pace Nintendo. As much as I loved Sony's E3 showing, they still need competition to keep them honest. I no longer have faith in MS, but if Nintendo can get their act together, they have a real opportunity here!

Milanezi:

Nintendo is paying for this game. Platinum have said it's going nowhere else without their say so.

Anyone know of any console rental services? Don't want a Wii U but I will definitely want to play this game, even if I have to buy a Wii U and trade it in or ebay it a month later.

In other words Bayonetta 2 is enough to make get a Wii U but not enough to keep it.

Aaaaand now I need to get the money for a Wii U.

Looks pretty friggen sweet. Looks like I'm going to have to get a Wii U.

Also, loving Bayonetta's new hair style. Seems like she and Jeanne decided to switch for some reason. :P

Hmm...

Combat looks like it's similar to the first, which makes sense since it worked well. The question is of course if Platinum is going to build upon that or keep it par for the course.

Not a big fan though of the redesign. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't ruin the game, I just find the short hair to not work as well. The long/beehive original, while weird, was at least iconic. The hair here just seems a little generic and switching up things for the sake of switching it up. Maybe this is just because it makes her look more j-punk than anything else, which as a style I'm not a fan of.

Will this make me get a WiiU? No. I liked Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising, but I'm not going to get the console for just one game. I doubt it will ever be made multiplatform unless Nintendo sold them the rights afterwards, but in a hypothetical scenario that it happens I'd consider getting it. I'd wait for reviews if it improved upon it's design or just kept it the same.

I love Bayonetta, as a character and as a game. Hell, I even love her more than Dante!!! =D
Too bad I don't have a WiiU. Looks like I might have to consider purchasing one in the future ... after the PS4 :(

Captcha: Hot diggity dog

Honestly when I first heard this I was shocked. Bayonetta was tongue in cheek, gyrating heroine saying things like "Mommy is going to have spank you." while binding angels to torture devices. And Nintendo grabbed the sequel. Well damn. I did love the first game think Devil May Cry with more style and flare. Throw in some awesome hair powers (yes hair of all things) and weapons to put on your hands or feet. It was good, damn good, and very challenging. Didn't seem the type of game that Nintendo would seek, but it's definitely the type of game they need. I'm sure they'll tone down everything except the action, but it still looks pretty solid. Shame I don't have a WiiU.

Arawn:
Honestly when I first heard this I was shocked. Bayonetta was tongue in cheek, gyrating heroine saying things like "Mommy is going to have spank you." while binding angels to torture devices. And Nintendo grabbed the sequel. Well damn. I did love the first game think Devil May Cry with more style and flare. Throw in some awesome hair powers (yes hair of all things) and weapons to put on your hands or feet. It was good, damn good, and very challenging. Didn't seem the type of game that Nintendo would seek, but it's definitely the type of game they need. I'm sure they'll tone down everything except the action, but it still looks pretty solid. Shame I don't have a WiiU.

Nintendo probably won't. After all, this isn't the first game Platinum Games published for Nintendo. Anyone remember MadWorld? I'm pretty sure that game beats Bayonetta in the violence department by a long shot.

Looks awesome, but disturbing train of thought though: Nice hair cut, wait wasn't her suit made of hair, she isn't naked so where are her cloths coming from............. oh god.

Still trust Nintendo to make me interested in consoles again for the next generation, still might wait for a bit of Selda (argh bloody broken key). Ok so new Laptop before Wii U still.

Thank God they fixed that stupid squid hair.

With Bayonetta2 being exclusive, maybe we will get Bayonetta in the new Smash Bros...

Not my sort of game, and to my eyes it looks a mess - too in your face, like an even more OTT Devil May Cry

That said, judging by the reactions on here fans seem to be happy, so I'm glad that Nintendo picked this one up

Milanezi:

I doubt that since Nintendo footed part of the bill.

Okay, let's deal with this.

Clearly the basic methodology is "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It's clearly still borrowing a lot of assets from the first, but then when has that been a bad thing? Doom 2 didn't add much other than the Icon Of Sin, a few new textures and a double-barelled shotgun. It's a sequel; of course it's going to have the same sort of thing.

DAT HAIR. Sorry, but no. That is every level of wrong that ever existed - Bayonetta's hair from the first game is one of her most defining features and this is the equivalent of replacing Indiana Jones' fedora with a baseball cap. And while I'm glad to see Jeanne back, that rubber catsuit is doing her no favours (but then her outfit wasn't much better first time round).

LOLd at the torture attack with the centaur on the treadmill.

Still looks fun enough to be well worth playing. We're missing a lot of the 80s Sega references that I loved the first game so much for (the Space Harrier level still brings tears to my eyes), and a few of those other little touches, and I'm not quite sure how to they're going to get up to twelve when the first game was already straining eleven's breaking point. But I think I do still need to play it; and considering that I was probably going to end up sitting this generation out, it looks like it's still "buy Wii U when Bayonetta 2, play it to death and then trade the console".

Oh, and if the mystery robed figure turns out to be anyone other than

I will eat a hat.

I approve of the new hairstyle. Looks great but I may need another game to justify buying a WiiU. I've only got this and SMT X Fire Emblem to look forward to.

Apparently it has some type of multiplayer? I could imagine second player cooping as Jeanne, or maybe someone uses the touchpad to mess with enemies or something. Versus though? I just imagine it would be like an un-official Anarchy Reigns 2.

Milanezi:

Nintendo are the publishers, no other companies would pick this game up. That's why it's exclusive to the WiiU. And I'm sure it's going to stay that way for a very, very long time.

Does anyone else think she looks kinda like Kathleen from LRR with that new haircut?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here