Playboy Discusses Gaming's Health Perks
Playboy, in one of its non-pictorial pieces, delves into the ways games can make you look and feel like a model.
The July issue of Playboy has a "Justification Station" sidebar titled "Play Healthy" by Scott Jones that covers the health advantages to gaming. The article lists a variety of specific improvements games can contribute to your well-being, such as:
- Improving Your Eyesight: Playing action games can "sharpen visual acuity."
- Stay Young: Four hours of gaming a week improves reaction times, reasoning and short-term memory.
- Losing Weight: Nintendo's Wii requires some legitimate exercise.
- Recuperation: Right alongside laughing, games can be one of man's best potions.
- Stimulate Your Brain: Brain Age and its ilk actually improve brain functions like memory.