Boobs Are Back In Age of Conan

Boobs Are Back In Age of Conan

Gamers around the world heaved a sigh of relief following an announcement by Funcom that boobs in the recently released MMOG Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures will be re-inflated to their original size.

Reports of the shrunken cans first surfaced immediately following the release of the game's most recent patch. The nerfed knockers inspired a rapid and venomous response on the Age of Conan forums, with some users going so far as to threaten to cancel their subscriptions. Kotaku has reported that one forum member known as Dusk posted "before and after" screenshots, vividly illustrating the difference between the splazoingas and the speedbumps.

In response to the sadly predictable furor over Funcom's funbag fiddling, the developer issued a statement confirming that in-game flapdoodles were in fact reduced in size, but said the change was the result of an error and promised that rack re-inflation to nerd-approved standards would take place in the near future.

"Funcom can confirm that some of the female models in the game have had the size of their breasts changed," the company said in a post on the official Age of Conan forums. "This is due to an unintended change in data that was introduced in an earlier patch, data which controls the so-called morph value associated with character models and the size of their respective body parts. We are working on a fix for this and your breasts should be back to normal soon."

Jeez, that was a lucky break. We almost ended up titty-fucked.

I certainly enjoy women (and all their parts) but I'm a little amused-slash-sad that something like this would cause an uproar. If this was an issue between partial nudity and censored nudity, I'd understand the uproar. But a censorship issue this is not.

Yet more proof that the AoC community is oh so much more mature then WoW's...

That picture explains everything.I ,as a human being, have a right to my boobies.

BOOBIES FTW!

Normally I'd be totally on the side of the speedbumps, but this is Conan. Still, I wouldn't go to the sandbags for it.

Skrapt:

Yeah, I think that tauren women need larger tits.

well if deflated breasts are the biggest thing there is to complain about, I might just check out AoC after all

This is paving the way for next year's expansion pack. Conan: Triple D Cup.

nilpferdkoenig:

Skrapt:

Yeah, I think that tauren women need larger tits.

I always wondered why they even have em. Seems like they should have udders IMO :)

Saskwach:
Normally I'd be totally on the side of the speedbumps, but this is Conan. Still, I wouldn't go to the sandbags for it.

I agree. Robert E. Howard's world is a sexist and misogynistic one, and if the women aren't topless then they better be wearing something that makes you wonder if they will be soon.

It's just the style.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS! I LOVE BOOBS

Yeah...I'm pretty sure human breast sizes in ancient Hyboria skew larger than 21stC North America average.

I'm figuring the low end is probably C cup.

LOL, I thought the patch The Witcher had were it said "Cow now moos more loudly" was funny, but this just topped that.

I giggled at the "nerfed knockers" part. If the chick's cans aren't twice as big as her head, it just isn't Conan.

Malygris:
with some users going so far as to threaten to cancel their subscriptions.

How sad must one be to cancel your subscription because the boobs are not large enough?! Pure for the sake of getting rid of those people they should leave the boobs as they are.

Stuff like this is exactly why I don't play any 3d MMORPGs anymore. 99% of the MMORPG players are d***heads with the emotional maturity of a 12-year-old. Except of course when the MMORPG is free for download and play. Then I usually try them before condemning it.

People like boobies, if you don't got noons you don't get people, why do you think SO many users play night elfs in WoW? Because they're sex deprived singles who need they're hourly tit-fix.

I don't know why people obsess over these giant unreal titties.. Do they need to be the size of watermellons? I'd like to see a game have the nerve to break those stereotypes for once..

Uskis:
I don't know why people obsess over these giant unreal titties.. Do they need to be the size of watermellons? I'd like to see a game have the nerve to break those stereotypes for once..

Beyond good and evil.
There you go

delamoncha:

Uskis:

Beyond good and evil.
There you go

I know ;) I played it. I didn't mention it though, as Jade is the exception to the rule more or less.

Well, in my humble opinion, we are talking about the fans of online RPGs here. The gigantifacation of melons is probably as close as most male players will get to interacting with a real pair of boobs and thus most women and society in general, if that's all they have we can't really begrudge them on that. (I should add that I mean no offense to anyone, what I've said here is largely for comical value so it's your own fault if you take it personally)

Uskis:

delamoncha:

Uskis:

Beyond good and evil.
There you go

I know ;) I played it. I didn't mention it though, as Jade is the exception to the rule more or less.

Alyx from Half Life 2 has normal sized beaters.

Honestly, some of the biggest MMO players I've known have gotten action fairly regularly. I mean, if oversexed jocks make a big deal about Sports Illustrated Swimsuit, why not gamers? I personally could care less, but even amongst other gamers the stereotype that so many are undersexed and can't get laid is too constant.

Iron Mal:
Well, in my humble opinion, we are talking about the fans of online RPGs here. The gigantifacation of melons is probably as close as most male players will get to interacting with a real pair of boobs and thus most women and society in general, if that's all they have we can't really begrudge them on that. (I should add that I mean no offense to anyone, what I've said here is largely for comical value so it's your own fault if you take it personally)

Oi just because we play mmo's dosn't mean we cant get a girl friend.
Ive been playing AoC since the early start but I have to say I didn't even notice they had changed, and I do like breast's. But as for threating to cancel your account over it? I do agree with that being a bit on the sad and pathetic side, AoC is more about killing things for me.

We are working on a fix for this and your breasts should be back to normal soon.

Honestly, this is the best sentence I've heard today.

But yes, I cannot avoid taking this bit of news non-seriously. Even more so at the reaction people are having.

I mean, I love the breasticles and maybe I'd react the same if I actually wanted to play Age of Conan. But I certainly wouldn't share my view on it over public forums. They might think I'm some kind of Otaku, good Lord.

Half the sales of the Conan comic books were thanks to the T&A, it wouldn't make sense to shrink the tits in a Conan MMO.

I can't wait for the MMOG where the female players are demanding gigantic codpieces to contain the supererogatory gonads of the male characters.

Then, gentlemen, we will have achieved equality...

TheThanatos:

Iron Mal:

Oi just because we play mmo's dosn't mean we cant get a girl friend.
Ive been playing AoC since the early start but I have to say I didn't even notice they had changed, and I do like breast's. But as for threating to cancel your account over it? I do agree with that being a bit on the sad and pathetic side, AoC is more about killing things for me.

Woah, didn't mean to offend you (hence the last line of my previous post)but it is good to see even people who play the game in question share my opinion.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here