50 Cent Game Still Bustin' Caps

50 Cent Game Still Bustin' Caps

Buck up, Fiddy fans: It looks like 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand may see the light of day after all.

A new database entry at the Australian Office of Film and Literature Classification indicates the hip-hop-themed FPS is now in the hands of publisher THQ. The game was originally set to be published by Vivendi, but the company's recent merger with Activision and resulting cancellation of all but a few of Vivendi's most popular titles left the game's future in doubt. Previously, Activision Blizzard would not comment on the ultimate fate of Blood on the Sand beyond saying, "The company is reviewing its options regarding titles that it will not be publishing."

The follow-up to 50 Cent: Bulletproof sees the rapper and his merry band of G-Unit trekking off to "a war-torn country" in the Middle East, where they perform a concert, acquire a gem-encrusted skull, get jumped by some guys and then go all gangsta in an attempt to retrieve the skull, which they apparently think would look really nice on Tony Yayo's mantle, between the glass-domed clock and the ceramic unicorn. Producer Aaron Blean said Blood on the Sand would be more story-focused than Bulletproof, and that Fiddy himself is "heavily involved" in the game's design.

The Australian classification board awarded the game an MA15+ rating, the highest available in the country, for "strong violence and coarse language, sexual and drug references," while the game has not yet been rated by the ESRB. At last check, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand was scheduled for release in early 2009 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

All right! Fuck Brutal Legend or Ghostbusters. FIDDY IS WERE DA SHIT IS HAPPENIN!!!!!11

Can someone tell me why this game is being released?

DreamKing:

Especially since Brutal Legend is still in limbo...

Because there's a chemical that leaks out of baseball caps that makes people think it will be a good game, that everyone on the bus wants to hear their range of ringtones, and *stops* before this becomes a full on rant.

DreamKing:

I'd like to know also, this sounds like it's made from fail, for fail.

SenseOfTumour:
Because there's a chemical that leaks out of baseball caps that makes people think it will be a good game, that everyone on the bus wants to hear their range of ringtones, and *stops* before this becomes a full on rant.

It was meant to be a rhetorical question.

YAYYYY! FIDDY! HUR HUR HUR!

:|

WHERE'S GHOSTBUSTERS DAMMIT?!

Oh dear lord, the first of these games was horrible, and this is just stupid. It's not even like the premise has any sort of sense. It sounds like a bad Scooby-Doo movie. The fact that Fifty Cent is involved heavily in the story writing is probably worse for it than otherwise.

I fully intend to mock this game heartlessly and perhaps demand my rental money back, that should make for some chuckles.

xitel:
Oh dear lord, the first of these games was horrible, and this is just stupid. It's not even like the premise has any sort of sense. It sounds like a bad Scooby-Doo movie. The fact that Fifty Cent is involved heavily in the story writing is probably worse for it than otherwise.

He is? No wonder the story is so terrible.

When will people start to realize that, just because they have an idea for a story, that doesn't mean that they are a writer with any sort of talent? Same goes for the people who think that, just because they want to act, that doesn't mean they are good at it. And while we are at it, just because people think they can sing, that doesn't mean they can.

Wow...Half-a-Dollar is all three of those.

We've been talking about this game for a few days in Gaming Discussion. Apparently, 50 puts on a blockbuster concert in a fictional middleastern country, but the organizer doesn't have his money.... So he pays him in a giant diamond crusted skull instead (yes).

Apparently certain individuals want this skull very bad, and they steal it from him.

So basically, the game is about 50 Cent stealing a nations antiquities and...fighting trained soldiers. Or something.

*hurl*

This sounds like the biggest vanity project since Bono helped Africa to sell U2 cds.

TsunamiWombat:
We've been talking about this game for a few days in Gaming Discussion. Apparently, 50 puts on a blockbuster concert in a fictional middleastern country, but the organizer doesn't have his money.... So he pays him in a giant diamond crusted skull instead (yes).

Apparently certain individuals want this skull very bad, and they steal it from him.

So basically, the game is about 50 Cent stealing a nations antiquities and...fighting trained soldiers. Or something.

*hurl*

I know, ain't it great? The average Sci-Fi Channel original movie has a more complex and interesting plot.

Raven28256:

TsunamiWombat:

*hurl*

I know, ain't it great? The average Sci-Fi Channel original movie has a more complex and interesting plot.

You obviously never watched Basilisk: The Serpent King ;)

How much is THQ expecting us to pay for a fifty cent game?

I think we should boycott this game. Seriously, picket signs and the like. Stand outside video game stores on release day and kick the shit out of anyone who attempts to pay money for it.

Jobz:
I think we should boycott this game. Seriously, picket signs and the like. Stand outside video game stores on release day and kick the shit out of anyone who attempts to pay money for it.

Or ignoring it... which is actually a lot easier. I mean, picketing and the like would result in advertising, while ignoring the game would mean it just goes away.

YEah, I get it was a rhetorical question, but hey, its a forum, I'm still going to reply, or its a dead thread :D

As for baseball caps, I think it's different in the USA, but in the UK...

Baseball caps are like pubic hair, you can remove it, but there's a still a **** underneath.

EDIT: Damn, man, Australia REALLY hates gamers, they've banned Fallout 3, but this gets thru? Thanks, oh illustrious leaders!

bkd69:

Well, they probably don't expect us to buy it at all, if by us you mean a regular member of the escapist.

Just let it pass. All publicity is good publicity, to them at least.

This game is just made of win surely?

joking aside i wouldn't pay 50 cents for this game.

xitel:

I agree. Come on. The story is weaker than WWE Crush Hour's for the PS2. Basically, 50 Cent goes out, loses a skull and.. jesus I can't go on. This game's going to be terrible.

And, although I wouldn't boycott it myself, because that would make me no better than Bill Oddie, I WILL stand behind bushes outside my house with a cricket bat (hell, it's the only use for cricket) and I WILL beat the living daylight out of anyone who has wasted their money on it.

I dunno, I may have to play it just to see. Like opening the Necronomicon.

KLATU VERATA NICT..erhm.. N..shit.

SenseOfTumour:

EDIT: Damn, man, Australia REALLY hates gamers, they've banned Fallout 3, but this gets thru? Thanks, oh illustrious leaders!

I believe a slightly editted version of Fallout 3 is coming out in Australia - although I could be wrong - although your government still seems determined to make sure you can't have fun on video games....and I'll stop talking now.

I think what we need to do is instead of ignoring this game is hype it up as bigger than the second coming of Jesus, so once the press gets hold of it they will point out all its violent ways and a storm of angry parents will petition against its release. Meaning it will be banned forever and save everyone the agony of playing it.

Downside:
I think what we need to do is instead of ignoring this game is hype it up as bigger than the second coming of Jesus, so once the press gets hold of it they will point out all its violent ways and a storm of angry parents will petition against its release. Meaning it will be banned forever and save everyone the agony of playing it.

That would only work if these groups followed any sort of organised pattern, as opposed to seemingly acting completely randomly.

Hasn't that prick got enough money. He's already released one game, then a film about himself. Now he's trying to sell another game! god he realy is in love with himself, worse than that nude guy off that aero bubbles ad.

FireFly90:
Hasn't that prick got enough money. He's already released one game, then a film about himself. Now he's trying to sell another game! god he realy is in love with himself, worse than that nude guy off that aero bubbles ad.

He's a rapper - when do they ever not have gigantic egos?

I doubt its even about the money - he probably knows how badly this will flop, and how much it will cost him. I think he's just doing it so he can play another game where he's the main character, and where he beats up terrorism.

bkd69:

I think the answer is inherent in the question. ;)

stompy:

Jobz:

Or ignoring it... which is actually a lot easier. I mean, picketing and the like would result in advertising, while ignoring the game would mean it just goes away.

Easier, yes. More effective, probably. But nowhere near as much fun.

Indigo_Dingo:

Downside:

That would only work if these groups followed any sort of organised pattern, as opposed to seemingly acting completely randomly.

This. The anti-game groups are about as random as the jokes on Family Guy. They bitch about GTA's "over-the-top violence" but ignore games like Gears of War. They complain that God of War "promotes children to become pagans," but ignore Rise of the Argonauts, where you actually offer gifts and worship the Greek God of your choice as a type of character advancement. They say that Mass Effect promotes teenagers to disrespect women and treat them like sex toys, yet ignore The Witcher, which has an entire fucking collectible card mini-game where you try to sleep with as many creatures with boobs and a pussy as possible.

Like he said, they are completely random with their attacks. Besides, Half-a-Dollar will just say "It is educational, it shows what life in the Middle East is really like" like he did with Bulletproof and everyone will say "Oh, well, I never looked at it that way...carry on" and stop bitching.

Anyway, why is everyone saying this game will fail? Though I sadly hate to admit it, the first game was NOT a financial failure. It was a complete fucking success. It sold over a million copies pretty quickly, and given how low budget I'm sure it was, that adds up to a good profit. It doesn't matter that it was panned by reviewers (Except the UK PlayStation magazine, they gave it an 8/10 I think) and true gamers alike, the Half-a-Dollar fans ate it up because they are such blind and rabid fanboys that they wouldn't care if he punched them to the ground and crapped in their mouth; they would still swallow it and beg for seconds.

Therefore, what we need to do is form our own group that is ostensibly "to protect the children" and make a big brouhahah ourselves.

Hell, we could use this group as a vehicle to attack crappy games, and prevent parents from inflicting them on their kids by mistake.

Raven28256:

Indigo_Dingo:

Downside:

This. The anti-game groups are about as random as the jokes on Family Guy.

But a whole lot funnier.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here