Rock Your Face Off With Tenacious D

Rock Your Face Off With Tenacious D

Rock Band 2 fans looking for a chance to rock out with the band that forgot how to play the greatest song in the world should mark November 20 on their calendars.

That's the day that Tenacious D will be on Xbox Live, playing Rock Band 2 with Xbox Live Gold members to mark the recent release of their latest work, The Complete Masterworks 2. If you want to play, send a friend request to the gamertags JBTenacious and KGTenacious, and be online early: The action begins at 8:30 p.m. EST, and you need to be there at least a half-hour early.

Tenacious D was formed in 1994 by actors Jack Black and Kyle Gass, and released their first album in 2001. The first single, "Tribute," spun a tale of the band's encounter with the Devil, who demanded they play him the best song in the world or forfeit their souls; they did, improvising a song of such epic skill that the Devil granted them their freedom, but after the moment had passed they forgot how it went, so now they perform a tribute to it instead. "Tribute" remains the band's most successful single, although the duo also starred in a short-lived HBO television and a 2006 movie, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny.

To learn more about how to rock your brains out with Tenacious D, check out Xbox.com.

DUDE! That is awesome!

I wish I had an xBox... and RockBand 2, and knew enough about time zones, to know when 8:30 EST is in proportion to GMT...

hint

GMT-5 is EST, I believe. I know GMT-8 is Pacific.

Shouldn't he be working on Brutal Legend, and not messing about playing games?

Still means bugger all to people outside of America - the Ps3 owners won't be able to play them, and the 360 owners won't have the game.

sweet tenacious d are awesome i going to watch it

I'm glad that Tenacious D will finally be present in Rock Band, but I'm upset that people with systems besides the 360 will not enjoy the rock-a-thon

Yellow Lad Unleashed:
I'm glad that Tenacious D will finally be present in Rock Band, but I'm upset that people with systems besides the 360 will not enjoy the rock-a-thon

Or people outside of the US.

Indigo_Dingo:
Shouldn't he be working on Brutal Legend, and not messing about playing games?

Still means bugger all to people outside of America - the Ps3 owners won't be able to play them, and the 360 owners won't have the game.

Brutal legend is cancelled. Too bad cause the D is the greatest band of all time.

We are but men,
ROCK!

Jeronus:
Too bad cause the D is the greatest band of all time.

I'm prett sure their own imaginations don't count. When you get your ass handed to you in pure sound by a band that doesn't even exist, I doubt you can callm yourself the best.

Great, in Germany, Rock Band 2 will release on the 21st.....

:(

TheGhostOfSin:

Yellow Lad Unleashed:

Or people outside of the US.

Sad...but true.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or