PETA Requests Cooking Mama: Vegetarian Kitchen

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

PETA Requests Cooking Mama: Vegetarian Kitchen

The bizarre, blood-soaked Thanksgiving exchange between PETA and Mama continues...

A surprising back and forth volley between the animal right's activist organization and the fictional cooking game character this week culminated in a request for Majesco to produce a vegetarian-only version of the publisher's popular Cooking Mama series.

Spurred by the inclusion of numerous meat dishes in the Cooking Mama games and the approaching Thanksgiving holiday, PETA threw the first punch earlier this week, when it released Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals. Packed with militant vegetarian propaganda, the satirical Flash game depicts Mama as a knife-wielding, turkey massacring psychopath and features more blood spray than a slasher film. In Mama Kills Animals, players assemble a Thanksgiving dinner by violently disemboweling a turkey in a particularly sadistic manner.

Rather than opening a can of legal whup-ass, Majesco responded by plugging Cooking Mama World Kitchen and stating Mama believes good home cooking prepared with the best ingredients can make the world a happier place. The virtual culinary matron herself even chimed in, adding she supports the humane treatment of animals and would never put rat in her Ratatouille.

In a blog post yesterday, PETA's assistant marketing director Joel Bartlett dished out another heaping spoonful of meat is murder rhetoric at Mama. However, it didn't feature gore this time. "Based on your and Majesco's good-natured responses to PETA's game, I think you understand that although we made you into a demonic, knife-wielding maniac in Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals, we still love you," he said. "While we had a good time roasting you, the real purpose of our game, of course, was to bring to light some of the horrific practices of the turkey industry."

Additionally, Bartlett thanked Mama on behalf of the PETA team members who produced Mama Kills Animals for the hours of enjoyment they derived from playing through the different Cooking Mama games to prepare for making the parody. Just curious: If hardcore militant vegetarians played Cooking Mama games where they prepared meat in a virtual setting, isn't that like...blasphemy?

PETA also said it would ardently support and help promote a vegetarian Cooking Mama game. It urged Majesco to move forward with Cooking Mama: Vegetarian Kitchen. Can I smell a strangely lucrative partnership brewing in the kitchen?

"Based on your and Majesco's good-natured responses to PETA's game, I think you understand that although we made you into a demonic, knife-wielding maniac in Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals, we still love you,"

I think I've received similar responses from ex-girlfriends...

And they got a similar response...

Wow... I don't even know how to respond to this lastest round of antics from PETA.

This is just stupid. Why should majesco make a whole new game just to cater to PeTA?

He's just trying to save face because their game didn't antagonize anyone.

Hold on...

"While we had a good time roastingHo ho you, the real purpose of our game, of course, was to bring to light some of the horrific practices of the turkey industry."

Which is why you showed your 'heroine' covered in blood and showed no link to the turkey industry at all?

I mean, you could go into battery farming, hormone pills, the fact their chests are built up to the point where they can't even walk or feed themselves, the fear of bird flu, transmission of deadly disease, poisonous excretion or any other of the problems, but decided just to convert Mama to Mother Bates?

Shum mishtake shurely?

"Hey PETA, instead of suing your ass off like you rightly deserve we've decided to be civil and clever."

"Hey Majesco, if you really loved animals you would make some concessions to our cause you animal murdering mother fuckers."

Sigh. Majesco, it's time to give them the middle finger they so rightly deserve.

I hope for spite's sake, Majesco makes their next game a complete meat-buffet like "Cooking Mama: BBQ Delight". Fuck militant vegetarians/vegans and PETArds. If they're going to force vegetarianism down our throats, I say we force carnivorism down theirs.

Join with me brothers and sisters, let us kidnap these freedom-hating fundamentalists and give them a taste of their own medicine. Project Force Feed Meatloaf to a Vegetarian begins now!

The_root_of_all_evil:
Hold on...

"While we had a good time roastingHo ho you, the real purpose of our game, of course, was to bring to light some of the horrific practices of the turkey industry."

Which is why you showed your 'heroine' covered in blood and showed no link to the turkey industry at all?

I mean, you could go into battery farming, hormone pills, the fact their chests are built up to the point where they can't even walk or feed themselves, the fear of bird flu, transmission of deadly disease, poisonous excretion or any other of the problems, but decided just to convert Mama to Mother Bates?

Shum mishtake shurely?

Actually, if you completed one of the levels, your reward was a link to a PETA video about Turkey farming.

I didn't watch it though, I was too eager to play the next level, so I coudn't really comment on the content of the video.

I have to say the final, bonus level was a disappointment, you had to make a Tofu Turkey, which wasn't fun at all.

Overall I'd give the game 6/10. with points deducted for the anti-climatic final boss.

I think PETA rather shot themselves in the foot with that game, by making the 'cruel' acts too much fun to play, thus encouraging players to ignore their messages in a rush to play the next bloody mini-game.

Khell_Sennet:
Force Feed Meatloaf to a Fundamentalist Vegetarian begins now!

Fixed that for you.

As for the actual response by PETA, I can only shake my head in disgust. I wish they'd stop giving vegetarians a bad name, and start doing something that would actually help animals that suffer, instead of this bullshit.

i think the response should be that peta should fire and never hire anyone who has ever used or benefited from anything that was invented using animal testing

tho then they'd have no employees cause most medical stuff came about thru animal testing

Awww, why not all vegetarians?

The game is really funny. I dunno about making me hate the meat industry or not eat turkey, but I think it's hilarious. I hope they keep spoofing games, to be honest.

Khell_Sennet:

No tall of them want you to stop eating the juicy juicy steak

I'm surprised we haven't seen Shivari yet...

Well atleast Majesco can say they tried to be civil with this matter but PETA had to go and do something stupid like this.

Ugh, like anyone actually cares

The_root_of_all_evil:

I was just trying to remember her username. She's exactly the sort of vegetarian I'd love to eat a Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Six Dollar Burger in front of while making orgasm noises between bites. Militant veggie-types bring out the sadistic streak in me.

Who wants to mail PETA's president a Monster Thickburger from Hardee's?

HA HA HA!
Hey PETA, maybe people will take you seriously when you react to things in a non-insane way?

PETA: "RARGH!!!, Cooking mama your game depicts the mistreatment of animals! I HATE YOU!"

Cooking Mama: "Oh, uh... Sorry you feel that...way."

PETA:"In response were going to make a game that depicts even MORE cruelty to animals! HA HA HA! Vengence is OURS!"

Rest of the World:"Huh?"

hehe.. like anyone will take PETA seriously.. ever. I'm kool w/ animals... and kool w/ not eating animals.. but especially kool w/ eating animals. I once was having a slice of Pepperoni pizza in front of a vegan and she was all like "hey.. do you know where pepperoni comes from? it's the sweepings off the butcher shop floor." and i was all like "Hey.. you know what organic fertilizer is? it's shit from the cows and pigs that went into making this Pepperoni."

Also, they aren't MAKING Cooking Mama world food or w/e in response to PETA they already made it and are using PETA thing as Publicity. thats all.

Ah where would the world be without PETA. If it wasn't for my reasoning I would most definitely become a cannibal and eat only members of PETA mainly because Herbivores make the tastiest meat.

/facepalm. Or, for emphasis:

Because Patrick Steward just seems to do convey disgust better.

has anyone else watched Penn and Tellers:Bullshit when they focus there eyes on Peta?

smallharmlesskitten:

Khell_Sennet:

No tall of them want you to stop eating the juicy juicy steak

But there you see the irony. A small handful of vegetarians wish to make everyone else in the world live their way, so in response, a small handful of non-vegetarians force all veggies to eat meat. Its the kind of double-standard retaliation that makes us the same as the other side... Well, almost the same. We tend to be bigger and stronger because of our diet.

Pigeon_Grenade:
has anyone else watched Penn and Tellers:Bullshit when they focus there eyes on Peta?

Most of the people here by now. Major linkage last time.

I love how PETA doesn't even realize when they're being made fun of, they're that delusional.

I think members of PETA secretely love watching animals get torchered and use their organisation to be able to put and watch videos of that on the internet because everybody things they're an animal rights group.

It's a conspiracy!

Man, I hope Majesco throw another PR curveball like they did last time.

SimuLord:
I was just trying to remember her username. She's exactly the sort of vegetarian I'd love to eat a Carl's Jr. Western Bacon Six Dollar Burger in front of while making orgasm noises between bites. Militant veggie-types bring out the sadistic streak in me.

On the one hand, it looks delicious. But on the other, I'd have to eat a dozen heads of lettuce to counteract it.

And heres me thinking that its never a good idea to do negative things towards someone... especially when your asking them to do something for ya.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Pigeon_Grenade:

Most of the people here by now. Major linkage last time.

ah good, was wondering if i should have provided a link.

Hey, Majesco probably does need to branch out for future titles. They should make a Pokemon-style paired set of games. Cooking Mama Green can be all vegetarian, while Cooking Mama Red can be all meat!

The_root_of_all_evil:
Hold on...

Shum mishtake shurely?

It was in the "bonus section" stuff. Yes, I played the game. A lot. Sawing off turkey heads and then seeing Mama covered in blood and swinging her arms in the air is awesome.

Didn't watch any of the videos though. Something called "Butterball investigation" was rather intriguing though.

SimuLord:

The_root_of_all_evil:

I just pictured both of you're avatars together, doing that.

It's very disturbing...

In the words of Jim Gaffigan: "You know who else loves meat? Vegetarians. They're obsessed with it. Their goal seems to be to get every vegetable product to taste and look like some kind of meat."

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here