Gun Nut Creates DIY GOW Lancer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Gun Nut Creates DIY GOW Lancer

A big guy with a big gun and a little chainsaw makes eviscerating magic, by channeling the spirit of the Gears of War Lancer.

Some people like their guns, and some people like their guns with chainsaws attached. A fellow over at the AR15.com forums has created what can only be described as an actual working - and subsequently deadly - Lancer like the one wielded by Gears of War's muscle-bound protagonist Marcus Fenix. However, it's basically an AR-15 assault rifle with a "firearm mounted anti-zombie device." That's a nice way of saying it can definitely shoot and then chop you into bits.

While the weapon itself seems impressively constructed, the videos the guy posted of himself on YouTube with the thing in action are hilariously amusing and a touch disturbing. You can watch him violently sever (tree) limbs in gruesome sprays (of sawdust), weakly attempt to saw a door down, and cut straight into a giant tree. Hands-down the best one features him charging at an outcropping of poor, defenseless pumpkins with guns blazing. After shooting the crap out of them, he dices them up with the saw blade. It's nowhere nearly as cool as chainsaw battles against the Locust horde, but the guy gets props for effort.

The average chainsaw is a really bad anti-zombie weapon though. It would likely kick off the bones and spring back in your face, that's assuming you can get it started in time as well as not getting it caught in all of those tendons.

Those pumpkins had it coming!

If he wanted a REAL anti-zombie device he would have duct-taped a crowbar to it.

This guy would be a console/PC modder if he wasn't a hillbilly.

Sooooooo uncoordinated.

That is, in a word, terrifying.

props for the innovation

I'm just glad this dude doesn't live anywhere near me.

ditto

::facepalm::

It's like a musket with an ubercharge. That is also one gun you definitely NOT want to drop on your foot (especially while active). I don't recall the lancer having a scope, tho maybe Gears of War 2 made it better than it was before.

With the banjo theme from Deliverance playing in the background, all I can say when see something like this is "Americahhh, f*** yeah! Suck on my b***s and lick my motherf***in' ass, yeah!!!"

That, and that I sure am glad that I don't live in the United States.

And that is why I'm glad I don't live in the US

Its really cool, and I would love to have one. But my one criticism is that the chains saw blade is a bit big/too far forward.

ArKaiN123:
This guy would be a console/PC modder if he wasn't a hillbilly.

Most likely! Pretty funny though...I guess I shouldn't be surprised by what people with too much time on their hands do...

I'm thinking that the bullets he wasted on the pumpkins would be a more effective anti-zombie tool and I agree that the chainsaw is too far forward and needs to be recessed. The worrying thing about this is I was actualy thinking through how to attach a chainsaw to a rifle gears of war style this morning and concluded that the bit where the chainsaw recedes into its guard in the gun would get too clogged with rubbish to be any good.

PedroSteckecilo:
The average chainsaw is a really bad anti-zombie weapon though. It would likely kick off the bones and spring back in your face, that's assuming you can get it started in time as well as not getting it caught in all of those tendons.

Glad someone pointed it out. When that guy started into the pumpkins on the ground I was sure we were about witness a kick back situation and a trip to the hospital to try to reattach part of his leg.

I hate the fact that man lives in the same country as me...

I saw the thread and thought he made one that looked and functioned like a GOW lancer....
Dissappointemnt abounds.

Nice try though.

I just think it's stupid to put a chainsaw on the end of a gun....seems like too many problems... if you want a cutting weapon, just keep a katana on your back.

dalek sec:
I hate the fact that man lives in the same country as me...

uh.. why?

Aren't there laws preventing people from modifying firearms in the USA?

I'm sure this is illegal.

God, I hope this is illegal.

Novajam:
Aren't there laws preventing people from modifying firearms in the USA?

I'm sure this is illegal.

God, I hope this is illegal.

The US is a strange place... though, this is pretty worrying, being able to make a gun with a chainsaw bayonet.

this is one reason why there isnt an r18+ rating in australia is because people take something awsome from a game and try to replicate it in real life and having a high chance of failure rate which will likley result in injury or death.

there is a reason why its in a video game, its highly likley to fail in real life and dangerous.
there are others tho cant think of them jus now

Actually, I haven't taken a close look, but I believe the rifle is the type with a universal rail attachment on the handguard - so you don't have to modify the weapon itself at all; just build the chainsaw in such a way that it can make use of the attachment. It's the same thing used to mount tactical lights, etc. on SWAT weapons. I believe there's a video out there where they mount the same saw on a shotgun. Hence it's pretty clear that this guy knows what he's doing. It's not a weapon so much as it is a "nice hack" (pun not intended).

He is the NRA.

Malygris:
He is the NRA.

Is that a positive for a negative?

That would make the best hunting trip ever.

So awesomely impractical.

You gotta respect that level of boredom induced creativity. Disturbing, and not particularly effective, but credit where it's due.

Danzorz:
That would make the best hunting trip ever.

How would he get close enough to kill something with the chainsaw?

Epic Win.

Point one: Why is he a "gun nut" and not a "game nut"? He's a man with access to a rifle, a chainsaw and a copy of GOW. So why is he a "gun nut"?

Point two: Hunting- Yeah, it would be great. You shoot the animal, and rather than lugging the whole corpse back you can butcher the animal right there and then

wordsmith:
Point one: Why is he a "gun nut" and not a "game nut"? He's a man with access to a rifle, a chainsaw and a copy of GOW. So why is he a "gun nut"?

If you actually look at this guys stuff he doesn't refer to it as a home made lancer. He calls it a chainsaw bayonet. Tis the escapist that likened it to a lancer.

What was wrong with a normal bayonet? Unless he's a soldier/lumberjack.

ive never felt so horrified and so excited that it borderlines on the erotic by one picture.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 62222)