Real-Life Mario Kart Action

Real-Life Mario Kart Action

Do Not Try This At Home: An intrepid Mario fan has created and posted a real-life Mario Kart video, complete with tossed bananas and, apparently, getting busted by the cops.

That last bit may not have actually been in the game, but it was in the cards for Remi Gaillard, who tricked out a kart, dressed up like the world's most famous Italian plumber and went bombing around the streets, weaving in and out of traffic and tossing bananas under the wheels of passing cars. None of the cars went spinning out of control and lost several spots in traffic, sad to say, or even seemed to notice.

The gag is apparently part of a French "hidden camera show" that features stunts described as "surreal and very visual." Gaillard began making his videos after losing his job at a shoe store, and first came to national prominence when he was able to insert himself into the celebrations of the French soccer cup finals, dressed as a player, and even received personal congratulations from then-President Jacques Chirac.

Remi Kart can be seen on YouTube or at Gaillard's own site, nimportequi.com, where he's posted over 100 other videos as well. (Check out L'Astronaute while you're there, it's pretty good.)

That's just absurd. Great video though. I loled when the banana got smushed by the motorcycle.

"Mama mia!"

Good thing he didn't try it here, the traffic's murder enough as is.

Oh man that Astronaut one was WAY funnier than the Mario Kart video.
Absolutely hilarious.

Baby Tea:
Oh man that Astronaut one was WAY funnier than the Mario Kart video.
Absolutely hilarious.

Haha it is! Where can I get a pair of those shoes?!

Holy crap, now that's dedication.

That was just bizarre...

I hate to be that guy, but isn't throwing bananas at speeding cars dangerous?

Nimbus:

Probably only if the other drivers decide to road rage on him, which it looked like one driver nearly did at 0:44

i lkoved this, its great, even if abit wierd...

im not sure what i would do if im on my driving lesson and he drove up and started throwin bananas at me xD

Nimbus:

Yeah, but not as dangerous as encouraging pissed off Police to chase you in a van while you're in a go-Kart.

Thats is Epic.

Hahaha I love Remi Gaillard.
Don't know how he is not in jail with some of the stuff he does.

Again, the Escapist has introduced me to something ridiculously awesome.
Thanks.

That shits funny, thats priceless

It played the star power music when he got the mushroom! Not impressed....

Nah ok, it rocked still

From Mario Kart to GTA. Hilarious!

Despite the near-fatal illegality of stuff like this, I think people should do it more often. I wanna see some Zelda stunts! Let's go people!

that is quite possibly the greatest thing i've ever seen ever.

I think a found my real life rolemodel. That guy is epic!

That guy is a legend.

I saw this quite a while back, but I didn't know that it was the same guy as in the Pac-Man video.

Errr.... It's funny and all, but I think that messing with people like that is sort of obnoxious. I mean, I laugh at it, but causing enough trouble to attract the attention of the fuzz isn't the way to go about things.

Nimbus:

wouldn't of thought so. they wouldn't be putting all of their weight on the banana they would just going straight over it. but then, it would be interesting to see them maybe do a 360 spin and stars emerging above their head. :P before driving off again to finish the curcuit :P

Hilarious seeing him get chased by the cops at the end, even if only for a few seconds :)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here