Even Gordon Freeman Can't Fix This

Pages PREV 1 2

orannis62:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Official estimates are that the LHC will be out of action until June 2009 at the earliest, but the possibility of a resonance cascade scenario is still pretty unlikely.

I didn't even notice this part. Win.

I'm glad someone is looking closely :) Took me ages to find that actual quote.

Danny Ocean:
I think Mr.Hawking is like Yoda. All slow movements and struggle speaking, then he's all Pazzaz! when threatened one-on-one.

SecretTacoNinja:

Also did someone change that picture somehow or did everyone at CERN know he looks like Gordon Freeman and give him a crowbar?

They're people too.. :P

A gamer site sent him a care package with a crowbar, the helmet, and a Halflife Strategy guide (as well as the headcrab plushie, which -I WANT-). The Escapist reported it ...somewhere.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahha

*breathe*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

*breathe*

Back on topic tho, I am really looking forward to the completion of this experiment, be it either the revolution of the world or its extermination.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Even the great scientists are split over what will happen, with Dr. Stephen Hawking and Professor Higgs almost coming to blows.

Stephen Hawking in a giant mech suit. I don't know anything about Higgs, so I can't envision him in anything. Let's just have him riding a unicorn.

I bet you the crazies are probably saying this epic fail is the work of either aliens or God trying to prevent the destruction of the universe.

I for one assume the original Enterprise crew came back in time and threw a sonic screwdriver in the works before we could destroy ourselves. Fickle, small minded beasts we are.

xitel:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Even before the official 'launch' day, there was a short glitch in the system that was solved by just turning it off and on again.

Wait, really? They fixed it by rebooting? Did they have to call tech support to figure that one out?

"Sir, are you sure it's plugged in? I'm sure you're overlooking something minor before you EXPLODE THE WORLD"

ElArabDeMagnifico:
I am watching the LHC Live Webcam right now, everyone is going crazy due to the malfunction.

LMAO! Guess the credit crisis is the least of our worries.

Nice find.

It won't be operational until December 21 2012

Edit: I'm sure if there is intelligent life in the universe that might happen to watch us, they will be asking themselves why we tried so hard to destroy ourselves.

TsunamiWombat:
A gamer site sent him a care package with a crowbar, the helmet, and a Halflife Strategy guide (as well as the headcrab plushie, which -I WANT-). The Escapist reported it ...somewhere.

Here.

needausername:

Somethingfake:
" Dr. Stephen Hawking and Professor Higgs almost coming to blows."? Some how I doubt that The good doctor could throw the first (or any) punch at all.

I dunno, but it would be a good fight.

Of course it would, Stephen Hawking has lazers in his chair which he fires with the power of his mind.

orannis62:
Best. Picture. Ever.

You're not wrong. Actually- maybe you are a bit wrong, but it remains damn good.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here