MC Hammer Working On A "Secret Project" With Activision?

MC Hammer Working On A "Secret Project" With Activision?

MC Hammer, the baggy-pants icon of the 90s, is threatening to hurt us with some kind of "secret deal" with Activision.

The rumor got its start on Hammer's own Twitter page, where on December 14 he wrote, "I got one day to recover ,then it's LA to Activision to get a glance of a top secrete[sic] project on Monday...Cannot wait !!!" What's the "secrete" project? Nobody knows, but earlier today he followed up with another Twitter, writing, "Activision was fantastic ...action !"

Not much sport in poking fun at Hammer's secretions, I suppose - Twitter is more about brevity than accuracy, after all - but what could he be working on at Activision? His music doesn't strike me as particularly well-suited to a Guitar Hero translation, so that's probably out. And since Activision cut 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand out of its plan, any kind of uniquely horrendous hip-hop crossover project is out of the question. Could that mean Hammer's getting a title of his own?

We've dropped a line to Activision to inquire, but there's no harm in some idle speculation while we wait for an answer. My own guess: You start by winning the game as a maxed-out character with high-level equipment, and then have 30 hours of real-time to blow it all and work your way back to level one, at which point you'll be equipped with nothing but a dirty shirt, baggy pants made of burlap and an autographed photo of Ice-T.

No matter how you look at it, there's really only one thing to be said: Please Hammer, Don't Make This Game.

Thanks to Destructoid for the warning.

It'll be a Max Payne-esque shooter. But instead of Bullet Time, you'll go into Hammer Time.

HobbesMkii:
It'll be a Max Payne-esque shooter. But instead of Bullet Time, you'll go into Hammer Time.

That is a dream come true.

HobbesMkii:

You can just come over here and clean up the coffee I just pfffffed all over my keyboard laughing at that, mister!

HobbesMkii:

Can't touch this. :D

HobbesMkii:

I've never much cared for the habit of saying someone has "won" a forum thread, but...

Damn, son.

Hammer Slide instead of circle strafing; and the pants... oh yes, the pants...

It's a crossover fighting game
Fiddy vs. Hammer

Featuring Eminem and DMX as unlockables.

Everyone's special is to pull out a 9mm and shoot the other guy 9 times

HobbesMkii:

So was thinking of that quote. ;)

I just wonder how they're gonna do the ripple effect on his trousers.

Oh and if any of you never caught the stunning cartoon series : here it is

oops

wow my bad

Seriously I don't care whether this game is the worst thing since Legendary, I'm going to play it.

Anyone get an image of the hammer from SSBB?...nope just me.

Whatever it is, I probably...

...won't touch it.

HobbesMkii:

This man/woman wins.
Hand him a cookie.

Please, please, we were all thinking it. It's just that I was the first fellow to come along and say it.

HobbesMkii:
Please, please, we were all thinking it. It's just that I was the first fellow to come along and say it.

Winner: most quoted on a single thread 2008.
Still, that was some funny sh*t

I thought Hammer was dead. Or maybe that was just his career.

HobbesMkii:

Don't be so modest - a quick wit is one of the best traits of a good humourist.

This is going on my 'must buy list'.

I am dead serious.

Anyone else remember that Michael Jackson game for the Genesis? You don't think...

TsunamiWombat:
Anyone else remember that Michael Jackson game for the Genesis? You don't think...

That MC hammer has Michael Jackson hidden in those crazy pants to sneak him over to Activision, so they can make Moonwalker 2 and bring on the apocalypse?

It's time to dance in mah big saggy pants! [cue Can't Touch This]. And during hammer time, when he does a spin reload, he does a piroette.

Obviously a World of Warcraft commercial.

Sigenrecht:

"Im MC Hammer and i play a dwarf, the weapon that i use is the HAMMAR OF JUSTIS!"

UltimaOmega:

Sigenrecht:

"Im MC Hammer and i play a dwarf, the weapon that i use is the HAMMAR OF JUSTIS!"

That makes a lot of sense actually. This must be it.

Kay, so I opened this topic wondering how bad it could be compared to 50 cent's garbage.
*image*
*article*
Oh God.

Aries_Split:

UltimaOmega:

Sigenrecht:

That makes a lot of sense actually. This must be it.

Not really. Most of the people who make those World of Warcraft ads seem to be aware of how pathetic and laughable they are.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here