Uwe Boll Gets His Own Film Festival

Uwe Boll Gets His Own Film Festival

Big fan of "Bloodrayne?" What about "Alone in the Dark" or "Postal?" Do you live in LA? You have no excuse not to go to the Uwe Boll Film Festival.

Taking place today and tomorrow at the Downtown Independent in Los Angeles, the Uwe Boll Film Festival honors the legacy of the German director responsible for "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale" and who once told his critics to "put up or shut up" and literally beat one of them into a pulp in a boxing ring. The retrospective for the "notorious director" will feature screenings of several Boll classics, including "Alone in the Dark" and "Postal" as well as hosting premieres for both the "Far Cry" movie and Boll's latest original flick, a Vietnam War flick called "Tunnel Rats," which is also being made into a game.

And before you say this whole thing is a big joke, Boll himself will be in attendance for the premieres of "Far Cry" and "Tunnel Rats" and will take part in Q&A sessions that are sure to be entertaining. If it's a joke, Boll must be in on it.

Tickets will run for $5 per film, $10 for premieres, $15 for a day pass or $25 for a two-day all-access pass. More information here. Christmas is coming early this year, fellows.

[Via Game|Life]

Don't go it's a trap!
Anyone who enters those cinemas is sure to be lawfully euthanised for the greater good of humanity.

Actually, if you like watching Boll movies, by all means go, it'll be a gas.

Do they hand out free Rotten Tomatoes at the door? If so I would definately go.

uwe boll is hated for a reason. ive never watched a whole movie of his but i have watched a few clips and thought they could fall in a ditch and die. theres actually a petition to get him to quit and it already has something like three hundred thousand signatures (cant give you a link cuz i dont know how but im sure you will find it). as ive said a few times before on this forum "no mr. boll i expect you to die".

Haven't seen Postal or Tunnel Rats yet, and I actually WANT to see those. Too bad I don't live in L.A....Actually, scratch that. $10 is too much for a ticket...

People need to stop giving Uwe Boll the rights to make movies out of video games.

DuncanRR:
Haven't seen Postal or Tunnel Rats yet, and I actually WANT to see those. Too bad I don't live in L.A....Actually, scratch that. $10 is too much for a ticket...

Actually, I would like to see them as well. I'm just curious how his movies can enrage so many gamers and they really sound so bad it's good.

So whos going there to set him on fire? Anyone?

PedroSteckecilo:
Do they hand out free Rotten Tomatoes at the door? If so I would definately go.

More like if they handed out molotov's so I could burn down this festival.

Ranooth:

Why? You planning on doing something like that?

Why do we keep on indulging this guy? Just kill him and put his head on a post as a warning to future directors.

Only really useful part sounds like the Q & A session

Mr Boll, why do you suck so much?

dalek sec:

Ranooth:

Well i will if no one else chooses to do so, let them have fun before i do.

I wan't to watch Far Cry because it is one of the last the last films with the late and incredibly great Don S. Davies. While I am glad it wasn't his last film due to its almost guaranteed level of shit, it is a shame to see him in it.

Hopefully everyone who pays to get in will be reimbursed when one of his films turns a profit.

Uwe Boll has a legacy? When did that happen. Did I bend over and the world went fucking topsy turby.

Look, a lot of the dislike for this guy is warranted but how many of you have watched Postal? That movie seriously made me reform my opinion about this guy, now I think he might have actually learned something by sheer grit about making entertaining movies. By some weird happenstance or something, Postal was actually genuinely funny IMHO. Certainly better than Epic (Crap) Movie and other lack luster comedies. Other than that, the only redeeming thing I can up with about some of his other movies was a nice pair of vampire tits and other interesting bits of steady cam on stunt work.

Why god why!!!!!! Who allowed this, its against the Geneva convention.

Indigo_Dingo:
Mr Boll, why do you suck so much?

Vell, zat is quite semple... just steep ento zis reeing here...*

Also, hurry up and see this show while you can... for the next venue is Guantanimo(sp?) Bay...

*Well, that is quite simple... just step into this (boxing) ring...

Uwe Boll only has one problem... He is a horrible director, beyond that his movies are just fine.

dalek sec:

Ranooth:

Well, he would do it himself, but if someone else wants to do it he wouldn't want to ruin their chance of a merry christmas.

Aardvark Soup:

DuncanRR:

Actually, I would like to see them as well. I'm just curious how his movies can enrage so many gamers and they really sound so bad it's good.

Well, I didn't think Dungeon Siege was that great of a game, so it wasn't any deviation from it that made me dislike In the Name of the King. What made me dislike it was its thinly developed characters, cliche-ridden plot, and a miscast Ray Liotta giving one of the most painfully bad performances since Keanu Reeves in Dracula.

Still, thanks to an otherwise solid cast and gorgeous cinematography, it was a little more tolerable than Boll's film adaptations of Bloodrayne and House of the Dead, which were absolute travesties. They weren't bad in the sense of "so bad they're good", they were just downright bad.

It's a trap!

My friends, do not be tempted by the shiny idea of Uwe Boll's flicks!

I bet those "movie theaters" are gas chambers in disguise. I mean, who would pay to watch something containing such stupidity, or even deign to watch it were it free.

How funny that in the "If you could kill someone" thread I just put Uwe Boll down for being the worst director and then I see this thread.

What will they do at the convention? Drink hard liquors and cry?

Wasn't there something about some petitions that wanted him to stop making movies and it got like 1 million signatures really quickly and he made a petition to counter the one against him, I remember reading about it somewhere, can't remember where and I'm to lazy to google it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here