Achievement Unlocked Game Exactly What It Says

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Achievement Unlocked Game Exactly What It Says

Poking fun at the various Achievement systems now common throughout gaming, a silly little browser game called Achievement Unlocked is exactly what it says: a game where the only goal is to earn Achievements.

I managed to resist the siren lure of Achievements for a while, but when they came to World of Warcraft I was forced to admit what many other gamers have realized about themselves: I was an Achievement Whore.

Incidentally, that's exactly the mindset that Armor Games are poking fun at with Achievement Unlocked, a charming browser game where you control a tiny blue elephant and the only goal is ... earning Achievements. Some of my personal favorites are "You found the Developer's Favorite Spot," or "You entered the Konami Code!"

One can't help but wonder if it's slightly ironic to be satisfied with earning every single Achievement in a game that specifically teases gamers who hold that frame of mind.

Achievement Unlocked is the brainchild of John Cooney (Jmtb02) who heads up game developer for Armor.

I don't know if it's just the music but I find it really charming...I think it's the music.

It's actually surprisingly good for a quick time waster

EDIT: I also feel kinda sad for getting them all

EDIT2: I also feel bad for doing again in 445 seconds

I feel you're pain. I whore myself all the time. I go up like a rocket when I here that wonderful sound of an acheivement!!!!

I just need to get "True Blue" "Sweet Orange" and "Stealth Black"

:D

Jumplion:

Try hitting some other buttons on your keyboard.

Jumplion:

to change colour press one of the number keys

Woohoo! 100% for no adequet reason!

I fell...empty...

Dah! My keyboard works against me!
I cannot get those orange or black achievements, even when I press almost literally every button on my keyboard.

I almost had them all until I realized that it was a Kongregate game that didn't offer badges. Booooo.

Jared Rea:
I almost had them all until I realized that it was a Kongregate game that didn't offer badges. Booooo.

A game solely about achievements doesn't have badges. Ironic?

I still haven't really been hooked onto Achievements yet, cause I'm too lazy to get most of them. I think the last game I came close to getting all Achievements in was Braid, and almost all of those are just rewarded for beating stages. Woot. I'm a pro gamer.

wowgoldman:
Lol this a must play. I've been trying to get the exploration achievements while saving up * for cold weather flying. What if they implement this as an addon? Achievement unlocked - Achievement Unlocked! Paradox anyone?

gold spammer ban?

Rezfon:

wowgoldman:
Lol this a must play. I've been trying to get the exploration achievements while saving up * for cold weather flying. What if they implement this as an addon? Achievement unlocked - Achievement Unlocked! Paradox anyone?

gold spammer ban?

Sly Bot is Sly.

I got all the achievements, now to find something else with achievements to do!!!

nevermind

Aries_Split:

Rezfon:

wowgoldman:

gold spammer ban?

Sly Bot is Sly.

That was manually-crafted goldselling spam. Like... that required actual human effort.

I'm almost impressed.

O GOD NO HELP ME

I actually beat this game in about 15 minutes, but yeah, it was a lot of fun. I'm a gamerscore whore, what can I say?

Must... resist... must... resist...

Ha! I got all the achievments in under 4 minutes!

Beat that!

I got 98 acheivments but couldn't get "Get off your seats".

So close....

Jumplion:

Beat that!

Isn't that impossible?

"300 Seconds = Play for five minutes"

Well, that was kind of fun.

The only game I ever went out of my way to get achivements for was Halo 3, and even then it was only the single player achivements so I could get some of the armour variations. It still made me feel like a cheap whore though...

I might have to check this game out, might help pass the time at work.

CompanionCube:

Jumplion:

Beat that!

Isn't that impossible?

Which achievment would that be? It said somtehing around 294 seconds or something.

Though, I may have read to fast/done my math wrong seeing as how 294 is just under 5 minutes not 4 >_>;

And unfortunantly the website is blocked at work...

*stands up* Hi everyone, I'm Doug and... I'm an achievement whore *sniffs*

CompanionCube:

Jumplion:

Beat that!

Isn't that impossible?

That's not what 300 is. :)

Haha, that's a pretty funny and entertaining little game. The music is great too.

This game had no reason being as much fun as it was. I got them all now, but still, hilarious good fun.

Hilarious, I love games that have a sense of humor.

finished it and i feel proud :D

I adore this! It appeals to my particular brand of Achievement Whoring - the obsessive compulsive kind!

913 seconds! WOO!

I have no life.

386 seconds, better than my first attempt which clocked in at 1634

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook