The Tiny Nightie Of The Velvet Assassin

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Fucking double posts

It's amazing really, I went from 'quite interested' to 'I'll skip this' in less than a second.

Wtf? Since when do hospitals clad their coma patients in sexy lingerie? (excluding the hospital in Kill Bill but we all know why they do that)
Whatever happened to those stupid full body things that tie at the back and leave your ass hanging out?
I could accept them being honest and saying it was just for sex appeal but claiming thats what shes wearing at the hospital is just blatant bullshit.

You guys do realize that the woman on which this game is based was tortured, raped, beaten and then thrown into a concentration camp where she worked until she was executed? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violette_Szabo)

And the best that Gamecock and the other douche game companies involved can do is to put her in a nightie. Bravo.

Sidebar: the devs tried to get Violette Szabo's daughter to take a look at the game, but she declined. Wisely so, I believe, after seeing this shit.

That's it, I'm done.

Grampy_bone:
This just in: No one cares! Sexy girls in videogames is not news! The Entire World is not at all shocked by this! It is not sensational, not a scandal, nor is it the least bit controversial!

+1

i think it's kinda sad the game probably isn't good enough on its own so they need to resort to this to sell it, i'm not interested in the least, if im ognna spend my time on breasts, ill look for some real ones thanks :)

SomeBritishDude:

Indigo_Dingo:

SomeBritishDude:
She wears knee high boots and nightie. Why are people complaining! Look, boobs!

Because most of us already know what boobs look like, and it gets kinda boring. If they had something like a third eye, or maybe a video screen, that would be kinda different.

How about a third eye ON a boob?

omfg

Don't start. Please don't.

Lotus Tits have already scarred me for life.

Don't look it up, just trust me.

Leave tits ALONE.

Danny Ocean:

xitel:
Why is she wearing that nightie in a hospital? And not a paper gown like the rest of us shmucks get?

Well, you could wear the nightie if you wanted; but, I think you'd get some weird looks from the staff.

She doesn't get a choice; she's in a coma. They probably dressed her in it. But then, why?

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but, had none of you actually heard of this before? It's hardly been kept a secret, I've read 3 articles and watched 2 video previews which describe and picture both Morphine mode and the nightie. For example, this IGN preview makes references to them both, and it was written in July.

Actually heard it was going to be really great...

As long as they don't make her a total bimbo or her or the game really cheesy, I don't see the problem. Eye candy is not a bad thing, guys.

Tread184:
As long as they don't make her a total bimbo or her or the game really cheesy, I don't see the problem. Eye candy is not a bad thing, guys.

It's true, and it could be worse.

BlueInkAlchemist:

Tread184:

It's true, and it could be worse.

Dude. That looks pretty bad ass. Anyway that IGN preview said it was a really basic stealth game. As in the game mechanics are at the level of the original Tenchu.
Oh crap. I just looked up gamecock media. They are the people who made Legendary. This game is going to be total shit.

Anonymouse:

Oh crap. I just looked up gamecock media. They are the people who made Legendary. This game is going to be total shit.

The gratuitous close-up of the heroine's spandex-covered vagina wasn't a giveaway?

You mean the big jump kick in Bayoneta? Geez its not like they zoomed right in and showed the individual lips. Perhaps you have too much sex on the mind yes. ^_-
If you are talking about in Velvet well I have not checked up on that much so ont know what pic you are talking about.

Grampy_bone:
This just in: No one cares! Sexy girls in videogames is not news! The Entire World is not at all shocked by this! It is not sensational, not a scandal, nor is it the least bit controversial!

This is why it matters Grampy.

DangerChimp:
You guys do realize that the woman on which this game is based was tortured, raped, beaten and then thrown into a concentration camp where she worked until she was executed? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violette_Szabo )

And the best that Gamecock and the other douche game companies involved can do is to put her in a nightie. Bravo.

Sidebar: the devs tried to get Violette Szabo's daughter to take a look at the game, but she declined. Wisely so, I believe, after seeing this shit.

That's it, I'm done.

Good thing I was never too interested in this game to begin with.

As for Gamecock, while their name is retarded (their logo and such are all a chicken, but we all know why they chose the name), they are trying to take interesting ideas that typically have trouble getting picked up and publishing them. I believe they are helping put out Mushroom Men, one of the few good upcoming games on the Wii that doesn't appeal to the "games I can play for five minutes but am then bored of" mentality.

I don't recall what else they've been working to publish, though. Legendary is the most recent I can think of, which I got my roommate for Christmas. $30 for a shooter that just wants to pit you against monsters instead of aliens and such? Not too bad. If they were expecting $60? Fuck 'em.

I find her really, really unattractive for some reason. It actually makes me like it less.

meatloaf231:
Honestly I liked this game more when it was Saboteur.

which one the early title for this or the irish guy game

hem dazon 90:

meatloaf231:
Honestly I liked this game more when it was Saboteur.

which one the early title for this or the irish guy game

I think the early title. I'm thinking of the one where you're a citizen in a driver's cap who sabotages the Nazis in the area, and as you do so the area transitions from black and white to colorful and vibrant.

1. No offense, but why would she be in a nightie if she's in a hospital? She'd be in one of those potatosack like gowns.

2. That Nazi uniform is hot.

3. This game sounds stupid.

Wait a minute... isn't Gamecock suppose to be amazingly "indie" and different? Stealth WWII have been done before and putting Lara Croft in it won't make it a good game.

It is official. No developer is as simaltaniously oblivious of our sensibilities and aware of what will make us overlook them than Replay studios.

DangerChimp:
You guys do realize that the woman on which this game is based was tortured, raped, beaten and then thrown into a concentration camp where she worked until she was executed? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violette_Szabo)

That's it, I'm done.

The link does not work, please fix it.

I fear this game is going to degrade in "hoard syringes for the first 15 minutes and then run through the entire game without any opposition whatsoever" very soon.

i just hope ZP will be around long enought to rip this apart

TsunamiWombat:
1. No offense, but why would she be in a nightie if she's in a hospital? She'd be in one of those potatosack like gowns.

*Rubs hands together*

She's in a coma, so, eh... you know, why not?

Grampy_bone:
nor is it the least bit controversial!

I disagree, QED, you're wrong on that count at least. Especially bearing in mind DangerChimp's point.

Sewblon:

The link does not work, please fix it.

You realise it's five seconds work to get to the article, even with the broken link?

John Galt:

TsunamiWombat:

*Rubs hands together*

She's in a coma, so, eh... you know, why not?

This is why.

The picture where she's wearing the nightie scares me... while the Nazi officer uniform-clad one, I find attractive... oh dear...

stompy:
The picture where she's wearing the nightie scares me... while the Nazi officer uniform-clad one, I find attractive... oh dear...

No, It's alright. The uniform one she looks tanned, and high boots... the nightie one she looks like a she-male vampire. I think it's unanimous that the nightie is creepy.

I'm going to be perfectly honest here - I wanted this game to be good. When I heard that they had cancelled the Ps3 version, it stung me. But wanting something to be good and it being good are two different things. I wanted Fracture to be good, because the earth deforming mechanic sounded really interesting, and I wanted to prove to the world that Lucasarts could make original and fun games, and not slap "Star Wars" onto a severely broken copy of God of War and expect it to sell like legalised crack.

Wolfenstein aside, there haven't been that many memorable WWII stealth games, and I thought the inclusion of a female character might be the seed for another in the very small pool of positive female videogame characters. However, its at the mention of the word Gratuitous that I immediately lose hope. It could have absolutely brilliant infiltration and spying gameplay, its still not gonna be as good as Hitman 5. And of course the amount of promotional material that has just featured her in tight leather outfits does say where the team are putting their effort.

Reaperman Wompa:
No, It's alright. The uniform one she looks tanned, and high boots... the nightie one she looks like a she-male vampire. I think it's unanimous that the nightie is creepy.

Someone in the art team screwed up...

stompy:

Reaperman Wompa:

Someone in the art team screwed up...

Nuh, they probably just started drawing something quite good, went off daydreaming about the end result, and were so embarrassed with the "end result" of their day dreaming *wink wink, nudge, kleenex* that they just rushed the rest.

Reaperman Wompa:
Nuh, they probably just started drawing something quite good, went off daydreaming about the end result, and were so embarrassed with the "end result" of their day dreaming *wink wink, nudge, kleenex* that they just rushed the rest.

Probably around the time they needed to colour the picture...

stompy:

Reaperman Wompa:

Probably around the time they needed to colour the picture...

"The nightie costume was originally going to be black but...well..."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or