Batman Publisher a "Believer" in the Wii U

Batman Publisher a "Believer" in the Wii U

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment president Martin Tremblay believes the Wii U will benefit from recent software reveals.

While doom and gloom tends to be the name of the game many think the Wii U is playing, there are still embers of hope for Nintendo's long struggling console. Most notably, Nintendo's recent E3 presentations unveiled a slew of first party exclusives that Nintendo hopes will help move Wii U's from store shelves to living rooms. According to some, the Wii U's resurgence is just a matter of time.

"We're a believer on the Wii U," said Martin Tremblay, president of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "Honestly, we hope everybody's going to work out. It's just good for the industry." While some publishers have been backing away from the Wii U in light of its ongoing sales problems, Warner Bros. has been fairly consistent in its support. The publisher has previously brought games like Batman: Arkham City and Injustice: Gods Among Us to the console and will be releasing titles like Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure for Wii U in the future.

"I think the console has been off to a slow start, but I think they're going to fix the problem," said Tremblay. The biggest problem in the past he says has been a lack of content. "I think [Nintendo] showed tons of new content [at E3] that will re-energize the platform." Nintendo would probably agree with his assessment. Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime recently indicated that the company expects the Wii U to make up some ground in the coming holiday season.

Source: Games Industry

I think the WiiU is too much like the Wii. In such that many that weren't interested in the Wii feel it's more of the same. For some it was dubbed the non-gamer console simply for it's waggling and full body motions. It was degraded to an electronic board game device. Which isn't surprising with all Wii sports and Mario Party games the flooded forth. It felt like kids (young childern and early teens) were the target audience and Nintendo didn't bother to say otherwise. Games weren't "hardcore" enough. Nothing too violent and the graphics weren't like the 1080 HD things the other systems were popping out. Everyone remembers the board, right? Doing yoga and keeping track of your health with the Wii Fit. Remember how well that Tony Hawk board did? Well Wii fit did do better. Yeah it felt awkward for some to call it a game system or to not crack a smile when saying it. The WiiU while novel needs to woo "gamers" and the games they love back to the console. Bayonetta 2 is a good start, ZombieU was good as well, I'm hearing good things about X. It's the dark horse of the console wars. I won't count Nintendo out just yet.

Good, I'm glad Warner believes in the WiiU. I just hope they translate this hope into DLC that's released on the same day on all consoles.

I just think it's funny how most 3rd parties pretty much admit they wait for Nintendo to make games for their systems. It's like 3rd parties admit they lack self-esteem when around Nintendo's library

They're used to backing works of fiction, so it fits. ;)

I can see why so little 3rd party games have been selling, almost every one of em is a sequel to a game not found on a Nintendo console. The die hard Nintendo fanatics (all 3 million of them) probably aren't going to be interested in sequels of games they haven't played.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here