Xbox One Only Accepts Specific Headsets, Microsoft Explains Why

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Employee 1: Oh hey, you know that thing we bundled with the 360 to make it appealing to use our online service? Should we include it again?
Employee 2: No, what we should do is not include it and make the consumer be forced to use that thing that isn't too popular or be forced to fork out some more money.
Microsoft: GENIUS

Ed130:

On the bright-side of things it looks like a standard connection so you won't have to chuck your old headset away.

According to Tech Radar as well you can still use the current model of Turtle Beach headsets on the PS4 as well. I've seen nothing on the ability to use Bluetooth as of yet, but I'm still looking.

OT: Oh Microsoft, you make it a lot of fun to write the news stories about you on Game Anyone. XD
In all seriousness the fact that Microsoft's PR is doing a better job at advertising the Wii U and the PS4 than the companies that actually make them are kinda sad. I mean I was comparing this to the Sega Saturn, but even Sega knew when to shut the heck up!

Strazdas:

lacktheknack:

You know how people react badly to a TV show that doesn't respect it's audience's intelligence?

By making it extremely popular reality TV show that millions watch? (Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Jersey Shore.... i cant really come up with more titles i dont watch them), you get the point)

And notice how much the average denizen of this site DESPISES those extremely popular shows.

The comparison is probably a little bit too on-the-nose.

Its ok Microsoft, you can stop trying to convince me to buy the Sony PS4.

Ha! I cant wait for the day they announce that you have to buy a special microsoft TV to play their new doorstop, your current TV just won't be compatible with it....................................for anti piracy reasons.

Hey, the way things seem to be going; its hardly obsurd.

Epidemiix:
Snip

That Avatar is undeniably cute. I really love it... just felt like notifying you of my thoughts :}

OT: I don't really understand ... I feel that Microsoft is trying to get around the consumers with this despite that they've announced to remove all the 'bad' features of the Xbox One. Makes me wonder, if they purposely made the headsets separate with purchase and makes you have to pay more while Sony's console is $100 cheaper and comes with a headset.

... Microsoft, is this an attempt to get people to buy more of your computer software or something? I'm just wondering.

I have not seen a single press release, or... Really, any information from Microsoft that's made me even consider the option of buying an X-Bone. Not one. NOT ONE.

How do you even do that? How do you fuck up so badly that it doesn't even -occur- to the viewer that getting your product would somehow BENEFIT them, rather than waste their time?

Look, I liked Halo 4. A lot. But unless Halo 5 comes to the 360... Shit, I can YouTube those cutscenes. It's not worth getting this monolith of bad decisions, no matter how many exclusives I might find interesting. It's just... It's too late, Microsoft.

Please stop.

unstabLized:

TexDangerfield:
I like how everyone suddenly forgets that it includes a microphone system in the form of Kinnect but because it's Microsoft it's still cool to moan about.

Kinect's microphone is a piece of shit, as is the Kinect itself.

Really you've played with the new Kinect?

TexDangerfield:

unstabLized:

TexDangerfield:
I like how everyone suddenly forgets that it includes a microphone system in the form of Kinnect but because it's Microsoft it's still cool to moan about.

No, but the conference was evident in itself.

lacktheknack:

Strazdas:

lacktheknack:

You know how people react badly to a TV show that doesn't respect it's audience's intelligence?

By making it extremely popular reality TV show that millions watch? (Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Jersey Shore.... i cant really come up with more titles i dont watch them), you get the point)

And notice how much the average denizen of this site DESPISES those extremely popular shows.

The comparison is probably a little bit too on-the-nose.

what most peopel seem to forget that average user of this site is far from being the average gamer.

I too am curious if previously purchased bluetooth headsets will work.

unstabLized:

TexDangerfield:

unstabLized:

No, but the conference was evident in itself.

I can't remember the part where they used the microphone and it wasn't very good.....

TexDangerfield:

There are many issues with the current Kinect not picking up peoples' voice commands with the noise of the game in the room as well. Kinect 2.0 is supposed to be better, but we haven't actually be shown any evidence of this yet so the juries still out.

Vivid Kazumi:

ZZoMBiE13:
The PS4 comes with an ear bud with a dangling microphone. Not exactly what I'd call a "headset". When I think of headset, I think of something that more akin to the MS thing. Though I still see no valid reason not to include it with the machine. Of course Sony didn't include a mic with the original PS3 and no one cared at all.

that just looks ugly e-e edit:how the hell would i use that seriously?why isn't anyone making a hit piece on this piece of crap?

It does looks like total crap, 1 flimsy earbud and no mic, but virtually everyone I know owns a set of headphones, and it doesn't cost that much to buy a headset with a mic. The issue with Msoft is that you absolutely MUST buy their special headset for their super unique headset port because... there are no proper reasons for this. Apart from money and control, which sums up the goals of this console perfectly.

Hero in a half shell:

TexDangerfield:

There are many issues with the current Kinect not picking up peoples' voice commands with the noise of the game in the room as well. Kinect 2.0 is supposed to be better, but we haven't actually be shown any evidence of this yet so the juries still out.

Vivid Kazumi:

ZZoMBiE13:
The PS4 comes with an ear bud with a dangling microphone. Not exactly what I'd call a "headset". When I think of headset, I think of something that more akin to the MS thing. Though I still see no valid reason not to include it with the machine. Of course Sony didn't include a mic with the original PS3 and no one cared at all.

that just looks ugly e-e edit:how the hell would i use that seriously?why isn't anyone making a hit piece on this piece of crap?

It does looks like total crap, 1 flimsy earbud and no mic, but virtually everyone I know owns a set of headphones, and it doesn't cost that much to buy a headset with a mic. The issue with Msoft is that you absolutely MUST buy their special headset for their super unique headset port because... there are no proper reasons for this. Apart from money and control, which sums up the goals of this console perfectly.

That flimsy looking box thing below the ear bud is the mic.

OT: Microsoft, you don't have to twist my arm, I'll buy Sony.

Also all accessories will have a chip in them required to use them. So goodbye third party controllers and headsets, enjoy shelling out more money for inferior/more limited accessories!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here