Star Wars: The Old Republic Introducing Ewok Companion

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Star Wars: The Old Republic Introducing Ewok Companion

Treek the Ewok

Star Wars: The Old Republic players will soon be able to go adventuring with a heavily-armed sentient teddy bear.

There's nothing better to have at your back when the Emperor's best troops are bearing down on you than a gang of primitive, sack-wearing cuddly-wuddlies, which is why the addition of Treek the Ewok in the 2.3 patch will be such exciting news for players who find Wookies to be just a little bit too soft and delicate for their liking.

Treek is a heavy armor user who can employ both heal and tank stances and Aim as her primary stat, who will be available via a droid at the Cartel Bazaar once the patch goes live. Her contract will cost a million credits and require legacy level 40, but a Cartel Coins option will be available for players who find themselves a little light in the credits department.

A more detailed breakdown of Treek's stats and a few apparently-spoilerish cut scenes introducing the character can be found at Dulfy.net, but what more do you really need to know? This is an Ewok, the galaxy's most perfect predator, and she's willing to work for you! That's can't-miss stuff, people. The Star Wars: The Old Republic 2.3 patch is running now on the Public Test Server.

Source: Dulfy.net

When someone showed this to me, I had to give credit on the ballsy maneuver this is. This is like adding a Gungan companion... but why not? I swear Bioware and EA are in full HoneyBadger Mode with this MMO, and part of me respects them for that.

Also, I saw the cutscene that introduces Treek, and it's pretty awesome... I really don't have a problem with this. If Blizz the Jawa has taught TOR players anything, it's you don't count out the small ones. Ever.

Personally I'm mostly excited for the new daily area and this reputation reward

But can I fuck the ewok? THis is Bioware after all.
You described it as a companion. Is it a girl? Can I take it in my blue box?

This is awesome on every conceivable level.

Never. Underestimate. An Ewok.

This is exactly what's wrong with MMOs today: they keep pushing Endor game content.

Um Ewoks were undiscovered until Return Of The Jedi. Bioware - just shitting all over SW lore for a buck. Ewoks are also anachronistic race, so no blasters.

tehroc:
Um Ewoks were undiscovered until Return Of The Jedi. Bioware - just shitting all over SW lore for a buck. Ewoks are also anachronistic race, so no blasters.

Ewoks were seen using blasters in Return of the Jedi.

Not sure if want.
I'm honestly confused. I kinda maybe want it, yet sort of not really.

My HK-51 finds the bear to be an undesireable.

If I could name it Ted and make myself part of the "Thunder Buddy" legacy, then maybe. But no matter how cool a healing tank (wtf?) sounds... I just can't.

tehroc:

Why do you hate fun? The Chiss also weren't supposed to be part of anything in the Star Wars universe until much later.

Lighten up, Francis. It's a game.

Yuk chuk! Eechum wuk nuk!

This is... strange. But goodie for people who like Ewoks, I guess?

tehroc:

Actually, that's not true. Few of them travelled off world, but those who did presumably learnt to use blasters because the alternative was... Not having blasters.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ewok#History

You may wish it was true, but if it's shitting on the SW lore than someone did it way before Bioware did.

Yub-yub, motherfuckers.

saintdane05:

Yes on the former. No on the latter.

Maybe one day they'll let you customize your ship...

saintdane05:

This is the only thing I really care about as well. I'd have my guy DESTROY that thing, then proceed to write raunchy fanfiction about it.

Hrmm, I was thinking on how they could make TORtanic any worse.. Bioware never fails to deliver, thus my expectations were met. Fucking ewoks...

Heh, not sure what to make of this. On one hand, I love it. On the other hand, I hate it. Hm...

saintdane05:

Ewok companion? Only is they get Seth MacFarlane to voice it so it sounds like Ted.

as if having a Jawa companion wasn't hilarious enough. This definitely amuses me though

I don't like where this is going... Blizz was one hilarious thing, which is something Star Wars always had. But this seems to be the start of them shoveling in more and more of the sort, until we get a Pandaria situation.

This is by the way what I assume will be the general course of the franchise now that Disney has taken over.

Anyone needs me, I'll be curled up on my sofa watching A New Hope. Crying and like getting hammered.

tehroc:

I'm glad you said this. I'm just a huge SW fanboy and I doubt many people care about the lore THAT deeply. However this hurt me a little inside.

A new adorably-deadly short and pudgy companion indigenous to a well-tread planet in the Star Wars galaxy?

Sorry, already got it covered:

Oh Blizz, you crazy little homicidal bastard...

tehroc:

Pretty sure Bioware proved they couldn't give any less of a damn about the lore when they released KotOR and never addressed the radical, galaxy-altering leap in technology in the 40-year gap between it and the original Tales of the Jedi.

tehroc:

yep yep pathetic on there part. But I guess star wars lore is just the whipping boy of all game devs producers and directors these days

Perfect, a companion thats more fun to kill than the Adoring Fan. Oh the fun we shall have together Ewok Companion....what? no this isnt a blaster i have pointed at your face, i mean if it was and i just happened to pull the tri.....oh, whoops!

Jeyl:

tehroc:

Ewoks were seen using blasters in Return of the Jedi.

Of course anyone can pull a trigger but they never used them effectively. If I gave a caveman a desert eagle they'd probably end up shooting themselves in the face, nevermind the fact the caveman would have no clue how to reload it or even why the caveman in front of him died.

Really? Endor wasnt discovered yet in the timelines, how are they going to justify that?

I like how it's apparently a heavy armoured tank character. Yep, those Ewoks are known for their extreme damage absorption abilities.

Unless I have the option to 'romance' this new Ewok companion you won't be getting any of my money Bioware.

Talvrae:
Really? Endor wasnt discovered yet in the timelines, how are they going to justify that?

Well it was always there.

Just because no-one thought a tiny forest moon with some teddybear natives with stone axes wasn't worth noting on a starchart doesn't mean people haven't actually been there.

Wait, there are still people riding the TORtanic?

How have you stayed alive on the bottom of the ocean for this long?

bringer of illumination:
Wait, there are still people riding the TORtanic?

How have you stayed alive on the bottom of the ocean for this long?

Strong narrative, compelling characters, well-written dialogue and good attention to detail.

Irridium:
Heh, not sure what to make of this. On one hand, I love it. On the other hand, I hate it. Hm...

saintdane05:

a question older then time itself

Ee Chee Wa Maa!

Seriously though, surely Ewoks were still undiscovered at this point? I don't remember Chief Chirpa mentioning any Ewoks who'd gone off on space adventures, or Master Lowgray telling stories of any legendary Ewoks who'd learnt how to shoot aliens with space lasers.

Acha... as long as the little bugger shouts "DANGAR!!!" before shooting people up, I guess I can forgive Bioware playing a little loose with the history of these noble tree people.

...what? I used to watch the Ewoks cartoon as a kid. Most underrated cartoon ever. Yub yub, motherfuckers! Anyone has a problem with that, I'll kick them right in their sunstar-shadowstone.

o.0 wait, what? that's still up? Huh, well yay? I guess? better the Ewok then a Gungan I guess.

HellbirdIV:

Strong narrative, compelling characters, well-written dialogue and good attention to detail.

We clearly did not play the same game, cause I saw none of that when I played ToR.

Ahh good, something else that needs to be killed with fire.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here