Diablo III Console Version Makes it Easier to Get Loot

Diablo III Console Version Makes it Easier to Get Loot

Crafted items will tailor their stats more to the class that crafted them, and class items will be more likely to drop for the class you are playing.

Recently, a group of select Diablo III fansites, including Diablo Fans, were invited to Blizzard's headquarters to check out the soon-to-be-released console version of Diablo III. They discovered lots of interesting information about itemization in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, in particular, you are much more likely to get gear that you can actually use, and drop rates seem to be considerably higher across the whole board.

Two of the most important changes are that crafted items will tailor their stats more to the class that has crafted them, and class items will be more likely to drop for the class you are playing. White and blue items will also drop considerably less, vendors are much more likely to sell Rare gear, and Artisan upgrades cost less gold. Drop rates for legendary items also seem to be substantially increased; the 5-6 fansite attendees at Blizzard HQ managed to find a total of 3-4 items Legendary items on Act 1 Nightmare in one hour.

It was also revealed that initially, the Console version was also supposed to be online-only, but Blizzard's research showed a huge part of the Console population didn't have an Internet connection. Perhaps Blizzard should have shared that research with Microsoft before it shot itself in the foot? Blizzard says that while there are anti-dupe mechanisms in place, it knows they'll eventually be overcome, just like in Diablo II.

As for the co-op mode, you can play on a single screen or online with up to 3 other players and also do a combination of both.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Diablo III will be released on September 3rd.

Source: Diablo Fans

With the absence of oppressive, always-online DRM and the presence of 4-player split screen co-op, this actually looks like it's gonna be pretty good fun, especially with friends. Looking forward to it.

Could they possibly transfer useful loot drops to the PC version as well? It'd make it a bit more fun to play if I got rewards like that.

Good thing PC players beta-tested the game to perfection. and were dumb enough to pay for it.
Hm, I think PS4 version will be better choice than PS3 or 360, we'll see.

I feel legitimately remorseful for the PC players.
This is the game they should have gotten from the start.

Still, looking forward to playing Diablo on my console again.

I bought the PC version at launch. I didn't play the living hell out of it, so I guess I never really noticed the problems a lot had with it. Seeing as my reclaimed account has a bunch of gold and equipment I don't feel like taking advantage of, maybe I'll give this version a shot.

Lord_Gremlin:
Good thing PC players beta-tested the game to perfection. and were dumb enough to pay for it.
Hm, I think PS4 version will be better choice than PS3 or 360, we'll see.

diablo 3 wasn't that high end to begin with.i doubt the graphics will be that different when it comes to next vs last gen.
captcha:snoop lion. *cringes*

Honestly Diablo 3 isn't that bad now with all the recent patches that Blizzard has released. Drop rates still leave something to be desired and sadly the AH is still in place, but the game is much better now. I just hate the people who played it for over 50 hours and then cry it was a bad game.

Think I might go re-roll as a Monk now.

"..are that crafted items tailor will their stats more..."

that's "will tailor their stats more" right?

Stormtyrant:
Could they possibly transfer useful loot drops to the PC version as well? It'd make it a bit more fun to play if I got rewards like that.

Not gonna happen. You also cannot play online together with PC and consoles. It's 2 completely separate worlds (and games).

I bought it for pc a few months ago when it was on sale for $40 off the blizz store. Don't buy this game. The story is very lackluster and the end game is purely a grind for gear so you can grind for gear.

Steven Bogos:

It was also revealed that initially, the Console version was also supposed to be online-only, but Blizzard's research showed a huge part of the Console population didn't have an Internet connection. Maybe it should have shared that research with Microsoft before it shot itself in the foot?

Nice little jab at MS. That aside I'm rather mixed on Diablo III. I was going to get it on PC when it came out until I heard about the online aspect. Then the lack of a skill tree put me off. While it's not much to complain about I did enjoy how in previous games you could build your character up in certain ways. From what I read about DIII it's pretty streamlined; you level and more HP/MP, and then a new skill at certain points. Not much in the way of choices other than what skills to use. Maybe there's more, but I like more choices. I'll give it a try, I know my friends will pick it up and I'll perhaps borrow it.

Nice, now take out the AH from the PC version and add this in ye bastards.

So, consoles get the actual game, while PC gets stuck with the crippled drop rates that serve to push people into using the Auction House? AND they get an offline mode as well?

You know, I skipped D3, because I intensely disliked their business model and the effect it had on the game's mechanics. However, if they were to provide the PC version with these features, I'd buy it. Like, say, being able to create offline-only characters that would get the improved drop rates, but couldn't use the AH. You know, like a normal game instead of this monetized drivel...

No wonder they gave me D3 on PC for free, I was just beta testing for the real release :(

Does Blizzard's research also show that PC gamers want an offline version of the game too?

As I watched the shit show that was D3 launch on PC, I thought I wasn't going to play the final installment of the Diablo franchise. It seems I might be wrong.

The only other thing I can say about this whole fiasco is that at least I'll get to play 2 out of 3 Diablo games on a console.

So let me get this straight.

- No RMAH
- No Always on DRM
- Easier Loot Grinding
- Sensible Difficulty Ramping

Is it just me or has blizzard opted to give their PC consumer the equivalent of a big ol' double finger? Seriously. All that Bullshit about: "We can't remove the always online, connection to our servers is a pivotal aspect of the game's performance" and "The RMAH is an integral part of the game and so cannot be disabled". Was all a load of Bullshite.

Hey Blizzard! Maybe if you actually released this version of D3 for the PC you'd have actually have some people who still give a shit about it. Seriously though. It seems more and more that Blizzard is trying to gravitate away from the PC and more trying to tap the console market... which would be funny since we all see that the console market is heading south due to an unreasonably high cost of development.

To reiterate. The console games will be getting the game the PC gamers wanted. The fact that Always online and RMAH can apparently be removed without destroying the game means simply that blizzard better consider releasing a patch to allow that on PC or else.

I half wonder if D3 wasn't meant to be a console game all along but they had a budget overrun and decided to release the 75% complete build so they could bring in some extra cash to help finish the development.

4RM3D:

Stormtyrant:

Not gonna happen. You also cannot play online together with PC and consoles. It's 2 completely separate worlds (and games).

I'm not too concerned with inter-console online play really, it'd just be nice to see this implemented. Ah well.

This is a dark day for the PC gaming.

Screw you Blizzard.

Moving from PC after 20 years of gaming onto the PS3 has still not proved a bad call. Will be picking this up for PS4 though.

I'm one of those idiots who bought the PC version of Diablo 3, and to be honest the RMAH and always online aspects didn't bug me much. The lack of true character builds and the fact that characters are basically all the same except for what equipment they're wearing completely drove me away. I played through the game as a Monk and then went right back to Torchlight 2.

This is good news since I didn't get the PC version means I can grab it for the consoles instead and have some good fun.

I would show sympathy to the PC crowd but lets face it they get good multi ports and whine on about being the perfect master race but when this happens to them they call foul, sorry I just can't.

Not having done endgame but on my 2nd playthough as a DH and lootdrops are plentiful for me. Like I automatically vend or dismantle blues and yellows i'll click on but they drop so much unless its a massive jump i'll just vend or drop it. I couldn't imagine an increased rate.

BigTuk:
So let me get this straight.

- No RMAH
- No Always on DRM
- Easier Loot Grinding
- Sensible Difficulty Ramping

Is it just me or has blizzard opted to give their PC consumer the equivalent of a big ol' double finger? Seriously. All that Bullshit about: "We can't remove the always online, connection to our servers is a pivotal aspect of the game's performance" and "The RMAH is an integral part of the game and so cannot be disabled". Was all a load of Bullshite.

Hey Blizzard! Maybe if you actually released this version of D3 for the PC you'd have actually have some people who still give a shit about it. Seriously though. It seems more and more that Blizzard is trying to gravitate away from the PC and more trying to tap the console market... which would be funny since we all see that the console market is heading south due to an unreasonably high cost of development.

To reiterate. The console games will be getting the game the PC gamers wanted. The fact that Always online and RMAH can apparently be removed without destroying the game means simply that blizzard better consider releasing a patch to allow that on PC or else.

I half wonder if D3 wasn't meant to be a console game all along but they had a budget overrun and decided to release the 75% complete build so they could bring in some extra cash to help finish the development.

it could also mean that the Console versions were developed without the Always Online DRM in mind, this also means that the RMAH could of been removed because it was developed without the idea of everyone had to be online.

Still though, loved playing D2 on my old PC, shame D3 basically made me hate it. Still wont play it on the Console.

What really intrigues me about this is the control scheme. If done flawlessly we might see a roadmap to get ARTS and RTS into the consoles.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here