Hot Deals While You Wait for the Steam Summer Sale

Hot Deals While You Wait for the Steam Summer Sale

Seriously. Our wallet is waiting and willing. Just take our money already.

It's summer. It's hot. Temperatures are at record highs, and we can think of very few compelling reasons to head outside - especially if you're a PC gamer. Steam's Summer Sale is just around the corner, but if you can't wait, we've found sales from three major retailers to tide you over. (Some of these deals will definitely be cheaper than Steam and activate on Steam to boot.)

If you've been looking for a cheap way to pick up Elder Scrolls titles or Fallout PC games, GameFly has your wallet's back. Today at 10AM Pacific, they posted an 'up to 50% off Bethesda titles' sale. In addition to the instant savings, there's a 20% off coupon dropping the prices even further. The Skyrim Legendary Edition (base game + all DLCs) falls to $31.99 this way. That's a new low by $18 and basically 50% off the $60 list price the Legendary Edition was released at not even a month ago in June.

In an effort to prove Green Man Gaming's summer sale is hotter than the rest, the UK-based retailer launched a "666 Sale" on Monday, July 1st. For six days, there will be batches of 6 games discounted for six hours at a time. Thus far, we've seen deals like Borderlands 2 + Season Pass for $13.50 and Alan Wake for $5.99. In addition to the instant savings discounts, certain deals will have a 10% or 20% coupon associated with them, or you'll be offered a $2 GMG credit or $1 cash back.

Today makes the third day of Amazon's Summer Sale on PC downloads, and there are over a thousand deals for your perusal. Many are classic games at Insta-buy prices (under $10). Still others are impressive bundle deals like the Borderlands 2 Bundleganza, which includes the original Borderlands, Borderlands 2, and the BL2 Season Pass for $21.99. A pretty solid buy, especially since the Season Pass by itself is rarely under $24. Sale ends July 14.

Hot Summer Digital Sales

GameFly Sale: Bethesda - up to 50% off.

Use coupon GFDJUL20 to get another 20% off these Bethesda titles, making select games their lowest prices ever. Here are the top 3 deals:

Green Man Gaming 666 Sale: Every 6 Hours - up to 75% off.

Every 6 hours for 6 days, GMG will be having 6 games going on sale at massive prices, with a bonus of another 20% off via coupon for the current batch of games. Here are the top picks for the current round, all Steam-activated:

Amazon Digital Summer Sale - up to 75% off.

Over 1,000 deals are on sale at Amazon, with many activating on Steam (for those game hoarders among us). Here are the top 3 editors' picks:

Upcoming Releases

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PC Download) - $22.50 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases July 3. List is $30. Deal expires July 8.

Rise of the Triad + Free Apogee Throwback Pack (PC Download) - $11.25 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases July 31. You get two separate Steam keys - one for the Throwback pack right now when you preorder, and the other for Rise of the Triad when it's released. List is $15. Deal expires July 8.

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World (PC Download) - $20.25 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases July 9. List is $30. Deal expires July 8.

Pikmin 3 (Wii U) - $54.99 at NewEgg.

Releases August 4. List is $60. Deal expires July 3.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS) - $35.99 at NewEgg.

Releases August 11. List is $40. Deal expires July 4.

Saints Row IV (PC Download) - $37.50 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases August 20. List is $50. Deal expires July 8.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PC Download) - $22.50 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases August 27. List is $30. Deal expires July 8.

Total War: Rome II + Greek States Culture Pack DLC (PC Download) - $44.97 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases September 3. List is $60. Deal expires July 8.

Batman Arkham Origins (PC Download) - $37.50 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases October 25. List is $50. Deal expires July 8.

Multiple Platforms

Dead Island: Riptide Rigor Mortis Edition (Xbox 360, PS3) - $44.99 at Best Buy.

List is $80. Deal expires July 6. If you like Dead Island, this Special Edition comes with a "travel suitcase" packaging, plus Zombie Hula Girl bobblehead and other goodies.

Grid 2 (Xbox 360, PS3) - $39.99 plus $3.49 shipping at GameStop.

Next best is $55 at Overstock.com. Deal expires today.

Bioshock Infinite (Xbox 360, PS3) - $29.99 at NewEgg.

Next best is $40 at Amazon.

Far Cry 3 (Xbox 360, PS3) - $19.99 at Best Buy.

Next best is $34 at Amazon. Deal expires July 6.

Hitman: Absolution (Xbox 360, PS3) - $11.99 at Best Buy.

Next best is $18 at Amazon. Deal expires July 6.

Handheld Deals

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS Vita) - $17.99 at Best Buy.

Next best is $28 at Amazon.

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy (Nintendo 3DS) - $17.99 at Best Buy.

List is $30. Deal expires July 6.

LEGO Lord of the Rings (Nintendo DS) - $11.99 at Best Buy.

Next best is $19 at Rakuten. Deal expires July 6.

Gaming Hardware

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 PCIe Video Card 02G-P4-2662-KR - $179.99 at NewEgg.

Next best is $200 at Amazon. Deal expires July 4.

PSP 3000 (PlayStation Portable) with LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, and Cars 2 - $104.99 at Groupon.

List is $200. Deal expires July 6.

PS3 DualShock 3 Wireless Controller - $36.99 at NewEgg.

Next best is $43 at Amazon. Deal expires July 4.

Figures that two weeks after buying Skyrim: Legendary Edition for my new gaming PC the price drops in half. C'est la vie, that's what I get for not waiting.

UK peeps can use GFDJUL20UK on gamefly. It brings Skyrim: Legendary edition down to 15.99 which I'd be willing to bet steam will beat by 1 in the summer sale. Still an excellent amount of content for price.

It's also significantly cheaper than the US price which is a nice thing to see. Then again, the price of PC games over there seems more in line with console on release while they're generally 25% cheaper on PC here.

man that green man gaming 666 deal has had an amazingly shit selection of titles so far. like 2 good ones in how many changes...

Skyrim on sale...should i get the normal or legenday...normal or legendary...omg I can't decide

well since I've had an mmo itch these past couple of days i decided to buy guild wars here's hoping i enjoy it enough to justify buying it but not enough to get consumed by it.

Every 6 hours for 6 days, GMG will be having 6 games going on sale at massive prices

im not sure if my English is falling but wouldn't that mean that the prices will be massive, as in, large?

Watch out for that Mortal Kombat collection, it doesn't play nice with non-Xbox controllers.

Strazdas:

Every 6 hours for 6 days, GMG will be having 6 games going on sale at massive prices

im not sure if my English is falling but wouldn't that mean that the prices will be massive, as in, large?

Hah. We're missing a word or two there. May have meant in "massive price drop" or "massive drop in prices" Woops.

I would like to add that gog.com been having a sale since late June with 50% off on everything(?) with various daily deals with extra % off.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here