Dragon's Crown Gets New Outfit Options

Pages PREV 1 2

TheKasp:

Denamic:

Objective argument for aesthetic preference? Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Then don't call my opinion 'bad' if it is as valid as yours.

That's... kind of how opinions works. If you don't value your opinion more than that of others, then there's no reason to hold that opinion any longer. In other words, you think your opinions are better than that of others' by definition. When that is no longer the case, you simply change you opinion.

Validity has nothing to do with it.

Denamic:

That's... kind of how opinions works. If you don't value your opinion more than that of others, then there's no reason to hold that opinion any longer. In other words, you think your opinions are better than that of others' by definition. When that is no longer the case, you simply change you opinion.

It only works that way if I hold any value to an opinion to begin with. Which is really dumb since having an opinion is such an amazing feat that everyone has one on every topic.
You need arguments that give the opinion any value, especially if you try to discredit the opinion of others. Not subjective arguments but actually objective. There are objective arguments against opinions that are held as negative or bad (like racism, sexism and so forth).
Since you don't want to deliver any objective argument to why my opinion is wrong or bad you have no place to state that it actually is. In the same way that I don't have an argument to support the claim that your opinion may be bad.

TheKasp:

Denamic:

It only works that way if I hold any value to an opinion to begin with. Which is really dumb since having an opinion is such an amazing feat that everyone has one on every topic.
You need arguments that give the opinion any value, especially if you try to discredit the opinion of others. Not subjective arguments but actually objective. There are objective arguments against opinions that are held as negative or bad (like racism, sexism and so forth).
Since you don't want to deliver any objective argument to why my opinion is wrong or bad you have no place to state that it actually is. In the same way that I don't have an argument to support the claim that your opinion may be bad.

No, you're thinking of a hypothesis. All the argument an opinion needs is "I disagree."

When you state that you disagree with an opinion, you're automatically saying that your own opinion is superior. Because why would you hold an opinion if you didn't think it was? You'd have to be able to pull some serious mental gymnastics to be able to hold an opinion that you yourself though was inferior, and I'd have serious doubt about your sanity were you to do so.

You do not need to provide objective reasoning to say that someone else's opinion is worse than yours, because like I said, that is implied by your disagreeing with it in the first place.

So they got someone to open up the sprites in photoshop and adjust the hue/saturation settings?

Legion:
This made me laugh.

Developer: "Hey guys and girls, we know some people weren't happy with the design options for some of our characters so we decided to give you some options."
Customer: "Less revealing outfits for The Sorceress?"
Developer: "What? No, you can just have different coloured clothing now."

Exactly what I was thinking.

Not gonna matter, though. If I ever get this game, I am rolling with that archer the entire way.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here