Titanfall Preorder $48, Capcom Sale at Gamefly

Titanfall Preorder $48, Capcom Sale at Gamefly

Why, of course we'll preorder a game coming out in 2014 based on its E3 trailer alone.

Ahead of the Steam Summer Sale (currently rumored to start July 11th), Sweden-based GamersGate just launched their own seasonal price breaks. Each day, we'll see four new "top deals" put on sale, and each week will see six new bundle offers, as well as other discounted games. The sale will run until August 15 - much longer than usual digital summer sales.

Yesterday at 10AM Pacific, GameFly unveiled a "Capcom PC Download" sale, slashing game prices by up to 60%. The sale ends this Friday, July 12th. Highlights include Devil May Cry for $27 and Street Fighter X Tekken for $16. Just a note that SF X Tekken is GFWL, so if you hate that DRM (and who doesn't) you probably should skip this deal.

For those of us in the USA, the latest Civ V expansion pack Brave New World released today but lacks the preorder discount still available in Europe and elsewhere. For North American buyers, the best we can find is a $6 credit or $4 cash back from the digital retailer Green Man Gaming, Choosing cash back effectively makes the game $26. In Europe, you can still grab the expansion with its €3 or 2 preorder discount on Green Man Gaming, plus you can use 20% off coupon code GMG20-F202F-UI40F for extra savings. Civilization V: Brave New World releases July 12th worldwide.

The upcoming next-gen console showcase title Titanfall is Call of Duty meets Mechwarrior meets Planetside. The multiplayer-only FPS includes Mechs, jetpacks, and a variety of other destructive weapons and gadgets. The game doesn't release until Q1 2014, but GameFly just added it to their list of PC downloads. What's more, it qualifies for their 20% off coupon code, knocking $12 off the $60 list price. The game will release on Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC. It's an EA title, so of course it's Origin-activated.

Hot Deal of the Week

GamersGate 2013 Summer Sale.

From now until August 15th, GamersGate is putting up four top deals on their site refreshed daily, six bundle offers refreshed weekly, and many other titles on sale. Today's Daily Deals are Sword of the Stars Enhanced Edition, Anomaly 2, Dead Island Game of the Year, and Survivor Squad. The current six bundle offers will be valid until July 14th and are listed below:

Capcom PC Downloads - up to 60% off at GameFly.

Use GFDJUL20 for another 20% off (GFDJUL20UK for those in the UK). Sale ends July 12 at 10AM Pacific.

Titanfall (PC Download) - $47.99 at GameFly.

So there's like ONE gameplay trailer from Titanfall, but the gaming world is definitely keeping its eyes peeled on this title. If you're absolutely sure you'll be grabbing the game regardless, GameFly currently has the only preorder deal on Titanfall. Use coupon GFDJUL20 or GFDJUL20UK to get another 20% off. Activates on Origin.

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World (PC Download) - $29.99 at Green Man Gaming.

+ $6 Credit or $4 Cash Back for North American buyers. The expansion won't be released until July 12th in Europe, so there's still a preorder discount available: use coupon GMG20-F202F-UI40F combined with instant savings to drop the price from €29.99 to €21.60 in Europe or from 19.99 to 14.40 in the UK.

Nintendo Land (Wii U) - $20.99 at Amazon.

Probably considered as a demo title of sort for the Wii U, Nintendo Land now hits bargain bin pricing at $20.99 with free ship if your order is over $25. Next best is $46 at Walmart. Not sure if this spells good news for the Wii U or bad news. Probably the latter...

Upcoming Releases

Payday 2 (PC Download) - $23.99 at GameFly.

Releases August 31. List is $30.

Fifa 14 (PC Download) - $31.99 at GameFly.

Releases September 24. List is $40. Deal expires July 15.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS) - $34.99 at NewEgg.

Releases November 30. List is $40. Deal expires July 15.

Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 3DS) - $34.99 at NewEgg.

TBA release date. List is $40. Deal expires July 15.

Console Deals

Tomb Raider (Xbox 360, PS3) - $28.69 at Amazon.

Next best is $43 at Walmart.

LEGO Lord of the Rings (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PS Vita) - $14.99 at Amazon.

Next best is $20 at Best Buy.

Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition (Xbox 360) - $28.66 at Amazon.

Next best is $45 at Rakuten.

PC Downloads

DMC: Devil May Cry - $26.79 at GameFly.

Next best is $50 at Amazon. Deal expires July 12.

Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $19.99 at Amazon.

Next best is $40 at Green Man Gaming. Deal expires July 14.

Alan Wake - $5.99 at GameFly.

Next best is $30 at Green Man Gaming. Deal expires July 12.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days (DLC) - $4 at Green Man Gaming.

List is $5. Deal expires July 15.

Painkiller Hell & Damnation - $3.99 at GameFly.

Next best is $20 at Green Man Gaming. Deal expires July 12.

The Book of Unwritten Tales - $3.99 at GameFly.

Next best is $20 at Green Man Gaming. Deal expires July 12.

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - $3 at GameFly.

List is $15. Deal expires July 12.

Spellforce: Platinum Edition - $1.99 at GameFly.

List is $10. Deal expires July 12.

Desktop Gaming Hardware

EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card - $309.99 at NewEgg.

Comes with free Splinter Cell Blacklist. Next best is $352 at Amazon. Deal expires July 15.

Dell XPS 8700 Haswell Desktop - $699.99 at Dell Home.

Specs: Quad Core i7-4770, Radeon HD 7570, and 8GB RAM. List is $875. Deal expires July 12.

Xbox Hardware

Xbox 360 250GB Bundle - $299.99 at Target.

Bundle includes Darksiders 2, Batman Arkham City, 3-month Xbox Live Gold card, headset, and $50 gift card. Deal expires July 13.

Xbox 360 Bluetooth Headset - $19.99 at Kmart.

Next best is $36 at Amazon.

Are you guys kidding me?
Seriously?
We don't even know anything about the game other than the trailer.
Are people really so dumb that they will go out of their way to pre order the game based on a trailer?

Dragonbums:
Are you guys kidding me?
Seriously?
We don't even know anything about the game other than the trailer.
Are people really so dumb that they will go out of their way to pre order the game based on a trailer?

I know people who actually preordered Duke Nukem Forever...they all said they regretted it entirely. XD

OT: Let's hope I get paid soon because the Painkiller deal seems very tempting to me, as does the Smash Bros one, but I usually don't preorder games.

Titanfall will be a pure MP game. Why would I pay full price for something like this? They can get back to me when they want around 20-30€....

I got the titanfall code $42.99 on Gamekeysbuy, it was 47.99 there before LOL...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here