Steam Summer Sale Could Start Tomorrow

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Steam Summer Sale Could Start Tomorrow

Steam Summer Sale Email

A leaked email points to a July 11th start date for the Steam Summer Sale.

While the summer months are privy to discounts and sales from most every corner of the game industry, Steam's Summer Sale is the centerpiece that bargain hunting gamers wait for. With heavy discounts often slashing games down to mere fractions of their regular prices, it's a chance for fans of most every genre and franchise to stock their library for less. Now, if an email from Steam customer support is to be believed, it could be time to ready your wallets and prepare your PayPal passwords, because Steam's Summer Sale may finally be here.

According to an email from Steam customer support, the Summer Sale is set to begin tomorrow, July 11th. While the email could be mistaken or a fabrication, it's corroborated by offers sent to customers in Russia by Steam payment partners QIWI and Yandex Money. Both point to July 11th as the starting point of the Summer Sale. Add in the fact that we're already pretty deep into summer and it would kind of make sense for the sale to start at least some time in the near future.

Granted, even with the accumulated evidence, this all still falls firmly under the "rumor" category. In the least, we won't have to wait long to find out if the rumors are true. With July 11th less than a day away, it's only hours until we find out for certain. If it doesn't begin the question, of course, will be when we can expect the Steam Summer Sale to finally kick off. Summer only lasts so long and those feelings of consumer guilt won't create themselves, after all.

Source: VG247

Valve could troll everyone and not have a sale. I wouldn't care.

Have we got to the point where we are expecting Steam sales? That seems like the kind of self-entitled bullshit that ruins things for everyone.

Considering that the past couple of Summer Sales started on a Thursday and the 11th is also a Thursday this could be for real.

I'm not ready.

Are you all ready for a miracle?

Oh Great and Merciful Steam, please offer me games I will probably never play at ludicrously low prices!

Daystar Clarion:

Oh Great and Merciful Steam, please offer me games I will probably never play at ludicrously low prices!

I couldn't stop laughing, damn thats an awesome flash video!
Good timing tbh, I just got paid tonight.....

praetor_alpha:

Have we got to the point where we are expecting Steam sales? That seems like the kind of self-entitled bullshit that ruins things for everyone.

Trolling us with no sale would be funny.

Folks have been expecting them for years, because we get them every year. I don't see how that makes anyone entitled though.

praetor_alpha:

Considering PC gamers don't have a used games market where they can pick up titles they would normally not get due to price and the publishers/devs will see some money from those sales rather than GameStop...

I'll say that everyone wins (except those digital distribution systems that don't have sales).

Oh dear, time to give my card to my parents again. Be right back.

(You think I'm kidding here...I'm not, I am going to them right now)

praetor_alpha:

Is expecting a Christmas pageant self entitlement? Its no different.

Its a tradition if done for multiple years. People will expect it like the sun rise.

Grass grows.

Birds Fly.

Sun Shines.

And steam has sales.

Not that big of a stretch.

The good news. Tomorrow is my last exam.

The bad news. I don't get paid till 10 days later :(

I'm in Japan until next Thursday. No metagame for me this year D:

This is awesome for me because tonight I am setting up my brand new beast of a gaming computer and I'll have plenty of gift credit cards to spend on Summer Sale games, can't fucking wait!

Oh no, the day my bank account has been dreading is finally coming. Oh Great Lord Steam, please give me Skyrim and Oblivion and I would be most grateful for Fallout New Vegas. It would also be really very nice if Final Fantasy 7 goes on sale too.

Daystar Clarion:

Oh gods that made me laugh so much. That was so good!

I got $40 in my Steam Wallet that I've been saving for this. I AM PREPARED.

NO! not yet my wallet is not adequately prepared.

And I leaving for holiday the day after so my internet and debit card access will be severely limited.
Woo.

Ed130:
I'm not ready.

1337mokro:
The good news. Tomorrow is my last exam.

The bad news. I don't get paid till 10 days later :(

Dryk:
I'm in Japan until next Thursday. No metagame for me this year D:

Revolutionary:
NO! not yet my wallet is not adequately prepared.

I'm sorry, but I just could not resist for some reason. Also hopefully the coding works, the preview doesn't seem to show it right...
If it doesn't work, well, this.

I didn't know Steam sales are such a big thing that when they are happening is worthy of a game article of it's own.

Seriously, I know they are awesome, but come on now.
That's like getting hyped for Macy's 75% of sale.

Someone should found a gaben religion. Storm the Vatican and make it the new seat of the PC master race!

Dragonbums:
I didn't know Steam sales are such a big thing that when they are happening is worthy of a game article of it's own.

But the Steam sale events aren't just sales, each one is like a holiday for us PC gamers.

praetor_alpha:

Err... Well it is kind of an annual thing, that's like asking 'Have we got to the point where we are expecting Christmas every year?'

Prepare your Wallets. The Steam Sales are coming.

For the first time I've actually got plenty of cash for a steam sale, unlike most of you my wallet is adequately prepared.

Valve...

...PLEASE BE GENTLE TO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT!!!

I just paid off my credit card and took a few games I haven't played in over a year out of my hard drive, so I'm most definitely ready.

praetor_alpha:

If by self-entitled bullshit that ruins things you mean brilliant marketing moves that have proven to make companies more money while customers get great prices, then yes, that's exactly what it is.

Dragonbums:

If this was a clothing and fashion website we would be getting hyped up for the Macy's sale...

One game, this year I will buy only one game. It is all I can afford, I can't really afford that either. But I must have one..

damn, and i just dot my self mortal kombat and deadpool. lets hope these games i might find interesting will be really cheap.

VALVE, if you're reading this, could you please delay the sale until next month? I can't afford it right now.

P.S. Thanks

Daystar Clarion:

But but. Don't you know what this means? If Valve truly let some information slip like that that could only mean one thing!

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED ZOMGBBQ!!!

Also, I'm hoping to get a few decent indies, and that's that. No AAA titles interest me currently; like, at all.

Daystar Clarion:

That. Is. Hilarious.

And yeah, I wish I could say my wallet is ready for this, but it really isn't... Need to renew the PS+ (and will have to settle for a 3 month deal even though the year one saves me money) and need a bigger HDD for my PS3. There's not much I really want off Steam, but there may be a few games I wanna get mostly so I can play some co-op with my mates. I hope and expect L4D1&2 to be up there for some 5 euros like last time :)

praetor_alpha:

Since they've been held regularly for the past 6 years or so, duh.

And since they often comment on the healthy revenue growth generated from sales, also duh.

A Russian online currency service, Yandex.money, has also dropped a hint that we might want to prepare our wallets for an upcoming Steam sale that starts on July 11th, so I'm pretty sure.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here