Linux Namesake Argues In Favor Of Being A Jerk

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT
 

So basically: "I'm important enough to be an arsehole and have people tolerate me instead of giving me a kick in the balls that I deserve."? Yeah, great advice...

Bujiraso:
There's a huge difference between being professional and polite and being nice or likeable.
I think Linus is confusing the two because he seems not to be differentiating them.
Additionally, being able to untie your emotions from an issue and respond in a cold and objective manner is a mark of maturity. Children and especially adolescents are the ones who get swept up with their emotions and let it alter their behavior.

It's generally best to work without emotions. This means maintaining an unchangingly calm and professional demeanour.

Just my two cents.

Actually I am pretty sure he know the difference, Linus a nice guy in general, but if you do stupid mistake that you shouldn't be doing, he will call you out for what he think you are, at that very moment.

And the mistake the person made was actually quite a major one, they committed code has stable which was unstable and that simply wouldn't compile, which is a mistake so obvious even a student shouldn't make it.

And the kernel maintainer who accepted the commit, was told to stop been a doormat and start yelling a bit, has he let unstable code go through, while the person who actually submitted the code was told they were "the devil f*ck head" for daring submit obviously broken code, then the discussion how not liking Torvald way started from there.

What would you do if you called a plumber for a new toilet plumbing and he left you with a flooded basement, I am pretty sure most would yell at him like rotten fish, either in person or in his back. Torvald just prefer would just do it in his face.

cokeordie:
I kind of think it's unfair for us to judge him.

He does what he does and it works for him, I mean he's worth $150 million. If any of you are worth that or more, then I'll gladly listen to your opinion on "antisocial behavior" and how you think it would hurt your multimillion dollar corporation.

Because rich people never say stupid things.

Should I also not judge a drug lords because they make lots of money?
You don't need to be a genius to know treating people bad, is bad(and not just bad for business, but a bad idea in general). A person doesn't have to be nice or mean to make money. Both ways can work very well, if you have a good idea, or a product everyone wants.

Also, people aren't saying he's going to lose money by being a jerk. They're just saying he's a jerk(granted many people don't like to work with jerks or buy their products, but if they want the thing enough they'll look the other way. To a point). You can be a crappy person, and still make money. Money doesn't make you a good person.

To the topic; The guy just sounds like he's too lazy to take the time to be nice to other people. Being passive aggressive, or wearing fake smiles while planning to stab others in the back is just as bad, but we don't have to pick only one of those to.

As others have said, you can be honest without yelling, and you can tell someone the truth without being abusive.
Anyone who says other people, who've done nothing to them, aren't worth what little energy it takes to not act like a jerk to them, is just too lazy/impatient to bother not being a jerk.

AC10:
Linus is a fucking cunt. He preaches on about this, but reprimands his employees when they show any backbone against his ideas.

He's an asshole because he can be and because he's the boss.

Let me give you all a word of advice; if you're on your second week in the office shouting at your colleagues all the time and being a confrontational tit is going to get you fired, not promoted.

This too. The guy doesn't want all people working for companies to be able to say what they want. He wants to be able to say whatever the hell he wants as the boss, while his employees have to shut up and take it.

Sounds like another pretentious man-child throwing a fit because someone didn't accept his bad behavior. Professionalism allows people to focus on a goal rather than let their personal biases get in the way. Otherwise, things wouldn't get done and companies wouldn't make money. No one is asking people to force themselves to like others. All you have to do is work with them and work out your frustration in your own time.

kiri2tsubasa:

Vigormortis:

canadamus_prime:
So the guy's a douche and get's away with being a douche because he's famous. Joy. __

That, and he's basically advocating being a douche by decreeing it behind some false credo of "I'm just being honest instead of hiding behind false politeness".

Even worse, a LOT of people, even in this thread, are behind the guy 100%.

Listen people: There's a HUGE difference between being honest and direct, and being a rude, cantankerous prick.

From the sounds of things, this guy is the latter.

You know what, I want those people to put their money where their mouth is and do that at work. Let's see hw long until they get their pink slips. Probably wouldn't take long

And this. Besides, I feel that rules are in place because people tend to take advantage of their freedoms in ways that harm others.

I think people misinterpret what he said. IMHO, what he was saying is that if someone screws up, if they act like a dick, if they get in the way, then call them on it, and not in the pretentious "nice and professional" way, but unfiltered. It's better for everyone.

As for my two cents on the issue, politeness and professionalism are manufactured requirements, not something that's actually necessary. People get offended when someone isn't polite and professional because politeness and professionalism is what they were raised to expect from others, if they weren't, nobody would care. You can't tell people what you honestly think about them while being polite and professional, they're mutually exclusive. Telling people what they deserve to be told may be rude, but it's not being a jerk to do so, it's just being honest.

Vigormortis:

canadamus_prime:
So the guy's a douche and get's away with being a douche because he's famous. Joy. __

That, and he's basically advocating being a douche by decreeing it behind some false credo of "I'm just being honest instead of hiding behind false politeness".

Even worse, a LOT of people, even in this thread, are behind the guy 100%.

Listen people: There's a HUGE difference between being honest and direct, and being a rude, cantankerous prick.

From the sounds of things, this guy is the latter.

Precisely. One can still be honest and still be civil. The kind of behaviour he's advocating is still unacceptable and if he wasn't so famous he's never be able to get away with it. You don't act like a douche in the workplace for the same reason you don't take off all your cloths and start swinging from the chandeliers in a fancy restaurant. It's called proper social etiquette.

Well the man is half right, the gossip brigade really is just as toxic to a work environment as the shouting donkeys, but none of those is a proper way to conduct yourself.

It simply goes by "we don't shit where we make bread", people came into work to share their professional expertise and not to be your punching bag, yes we all need to vent sometimes but your co-workers aren't hired to handle your personal shit, sort that out in the appropriate venue.

While I will agree that faux-politeness and office politics work against a 'good' work environment, I would also add that Rule #0 ("Don't be a dick!") still applies, to all aspects of life.

While being honest might prove beneficial in day to day relations, it will tarnish his reputation and new people will be prejudiced towards him.

Mr.K.:
Well the man is half right, the gossip brigade really is just as toxic to a work environment as the shouting donkeys, but none of those is a proper way to conduct yourself.

It simply goes by "we don't shit where we make bread", people came into work to share their professional expertise and not to be your punching bag, yes we all need to vent sometimes but your co-workers aren't hired to handle your personal shit, sort that out in the appropriate venue.

Thus why the Torvald took it to email after a certain point, but the person who was complaining about his attitude decided to keep it public, which person had first earned his scorn by committing unstable kernel patch that was obviously broken, has the damn thing was not even compiling, in other word it was not even tested, even a student in computer science shouldn't make that kind of mistake.

Basically she the one who first started been unprofessional, because she couldn't be bothered to even remotely do her job correctly for that patch, then she got called and cursed at for it.

Ah, Linus "Management by Perkele" Torvalds is at it again. Reminded me of his attempt at making friends with Nvidia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpOyKCNZYw

tgr:
Ah, Linus "Management by Perkele" Torvalds is at it again. Reminded me of his attempt at making friends with Nvidia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpOyKCNZYw

And in someway, it worked (but high chance to also be due to Gabe, pushing nvidia to develop better Linux driver), has the thing Torvalds gave the middle finger to nvidia for, now has official driver, even if they still are not optimal in term of power management, which is kind of the main point of Optimus.

Easy to say as the boss though I have to wonder if he gives his employees the same latitude. I'm probably going to bet on nooooooo. I'm not 100% but I feel pretty solid on a 80% chance verdict of complete hypocrite.

SushiJaguar:

geizr:
--snip--

So basically you're accusing him of being an internet tough guy? Just because he has an opinion that differs from yours? Ooooh, who's the big crybaby now?

Yes, I am accusing him of that, but not because he has a different opinion from mine. Social etiquette is very well established ethic. You simply don't treat other human beings with such a level of personal disrespect, especially not in professional interactions. In just about every circle, anyone who does that is considered an asshole.

And just before you say anything about professionalism, being professional is not the same as conforming to a specific corporate culture. Professionalism is a matter of COURTESY, integrity, responsibility, and self-accountability. Corporate culture, however, is just whatever the boss says it is. Yes, corporate culture is often stifling and demoralizing because of the politics involved, but professionalism has more to do with one's own conduct toward others and approach to getting the job done, not the politics of surviving corporate environments. One can be professional without sinking into the typical morass of corrupted corporate culture. If anything, I would say that Linus is actually creating a corporate culture of fear, intimidation, and bullying within his own development team.

No, he's just in the wrong and making excuses to be an asshole. Period.

EDIT: Added the contrast of corporate culture.

NameIsRobertPaulson:
People don't act fake nice because they want work to go smoother, they do it because they might lose their job.

This. Bosses can be just... well, you know.

Just one doubt here, the text says "I'm gonna say shit like it is, whether people like it or not and I expect the same from others" I'm one of those that says things the way they are, no matter where I am or who I'm with, with no "white lies" or "putting things nicely", A lot of people like me for that (for some reason) and others don't, funny enough most people that don't, often have double standards (*hipocrits* in case the term is not used the same way in english). Although going around insulting people for the sake of it is a whole different thing, and THAT is not needed nor should be accepted in any way, since it doesn't benefit anything.

But I just don't see where in the things Linus said it says "being a jerk is good for business", being a jerk is being a jerk, just that. I might've read something erroneously, though.

geizr:

SushiJaguar:

geizr:
--snip--

So basically you're accusing him of being an internet tough guy? Just because he has an opinion that differs from yours? Ooooh, who's the big crybaby now?

Yes, I am accusing him of that, but not because he has a different opinion from mine. Social etiquette is very well established ethic. You simply don't treat other human beings with such a level of personal disrespect, especially not in professional interactions. In just about every circle, anyone who does that is considered an asshole.

And just before you say anything about professionalism, being professional is not the same as conforming to specific corporate culture. Professionalism is a matter of COURTESY, integrity, responsibility, and self-accountability.

No, he's just in the wrong and making excuses to be an asshole. Period.

And the person toward who he had no courtesy, had a complete lack of integrity, responsibility and self-accountability, has she submitted a broken untested kernel patch, tend dared take offense by been called and cursed for it.

*damn double post*

and the escapists reacted the way i expected based on discussion on the topic in Religion and politics board.

ADDENDUM: Some of you praising Linus, if any one of you actually found yourselves in a real personal situation in which this was how people treated each other, I guarantee most of you would either leave or find yourselves coming to fisticuffs with the person. Would you really want to be in an environment in real-life in which people treated each other the same way as folks treat each other on the Internet and in online games? Think for a moment how that would turn out.

as opposed to what we have now? yeah ill take internet.

Management by Perkele. Simply how Finnish leadership works.

This is why I like 4chan over reddit most of the time. In reddit, people are so scared about losing precious "upvotes" that everyone just goes around kissing ass and no-one calls people out on their bullshit.

In 4chan, if your opinion is shit, or wrong, you better fucking believe people will give you fifty reasons why you are an idiot. Sure, it's a lot more toxic and if you don't have as thick skin as some people, it may be a bit abrasive, but i believe the 4chan boards are a lot more honest and interesting than all the sucking up and popular topic spam (CARL SAGAN ATHEISM ZELDA) that goes on at reddit.

Strazdas:
and the escapists reacted the way i expected based on discussion on the topic in Religion and politics board.

ADDENDUM: Some of you praising Linus, if any one of you actually found yourselves in a real personal situation in which this was how people treated each other, I guarantee most of you would either leave or find yourselves coming to fisticuffs with the person. Would you really want to be in an environment in real-life in which people treated each other the same way as folks treat each other on the Internet and in online games? Think for a moment how that would turn out.

as oppsoed to what we have now? yeah ill take internet.

then again, geizr is here, so beware, he will use his illogical comments and repetition to beat you into submission.

Possibly, but there's an argument between geizr and SushiJaguar a little up the page where g actually makes some good points.

OT: The Addendum is pretty spot on. I worked in a group like this once and the group split in half after a particularly nasty incident where people ended up in tears. The fact is that, as is has already been pointed out repeatedly, being professional and being open/honest are not mutually exclusive concepts. It is entirely honest to be honest and professional because professionalism basically boils down to knowing how to interact with people to get things done without regard for your personal relationship.

DVS BSTrD:

Red X:

TheSniperFan:
You know, just like when a stupid idea makes it into the final product because nobody opened his/her mouth and said it was a stupid idea.
The thing is that this false friendliness is a cause for yes-men.

true enough, lord knows we have too many of "those" people in any business as it is.

Maybe that's less to do with "professional attitude" and more to do telling the hierarchy to piss-off. You can bee polite and honest without being a kiss ass, but not so much if the other person has the power to fire you.

The problem is "How can you tell?"
If you work in a place with enforced politeness where everybody has to be "nice" and "friendly" to the others. How can you tell that person X is honestly polite or just "polite"?
The thing is that those yes-men become indistinguishable from those who genuinely like your idea which undermines the idea of feedback. You wouldn't even have to ask people anymore since the feedback wouldn't be worth a damn.

In a perfect job you could say what you think. And let's face it: Sometimes it *would* get loud.
That's not to say people should shout at each other all day long, but be honest even if that means showing that something really, really pissed you off.

On a side-note:
I find it funny how people here on the escapist react, calling him unreasonable without even looking at the situation. I guess most of you who disagree with him (those who don't argue, just say he's stupid) don't even know what happened.

I'm not quite sure I understand why a lack of professionalism should equal being ass-hats to one another, why not just be polite?

Breaking my vow of silence. Don't anticipate a reply. I don't want to get banned.

These same observations can be applied to the forum policies and the atmosphere that results from them here. It breeds a kind of immaturity where we don't learn to coexist without throwing our own identities under the bus in a sometime successful and sometimes not attempt at assimilation.

What Linus observes is that everyone is different. It's patently unethical or ignorant to assume or pretend that is not the case. Cultures can be radically different. Especially when a common language is not shared. But we never realize this because of the language divide. Still individuals can be radically different. And individuals do not change. Short of a stroke. Or a divine transfiguration on some metaphysical plane. The fact of the matter is. People do not change. And that's a good thing. It's diversity. And it's almost definitely built into the very laws of survival of the universe.

Too often people rush to judgement, or have no sense of doubt, or reach the conclusion that suits them. Based on the assumption that everyone must be either telepathic, or omnipotent, or just like them is so many ways, or otherwise other, and deserving of erasure from the discussion, even the universe.

In a business like setting its one thing. But even free software flirts with the idea of code being developed in a distributed way, very much like a public process, where everyone deserves a seat at the table. In an ideal world this forum would be such a public place, respectful of everyone's innate differences, and ways of communicating, ways of understanding, and ways of acting ethically or emotionally within the world. Linus points out all of the negative consequences of holding others to a code of what is ultimately unethical behavior.

Where do you draw the line? I think that is easy to answer. The only ethical place to draw the line is violence. On the internet that can take many forms. Including banning. It usually manifests a pitchfork wielding mob. Or a lone troll performing unambiguous feats of personalized abuse. If you draw the line before violence, you are actually taking an unethical position, committing a kind of violence against the individuals right to exist.

"TLDR" Linus makes many good points. Whether Linus is a violent person or not aside. Words, even when spoken loudly, are not in and of themselves violence. And people, despite not being telepathic, not being omnipotent, and language not being unambiguous, not extending beyond the realm of its information content, not always well formed, and not always well received, not being a mathematically concrete mode of expression, will always continue to misconstrue the things we say.

We are fallible by default, and until this understanding becomes a normative value held by all cultures, we will continue to cause problems for one another, even where no violence has occurred, or no violence should have occurred. Simply because of verbal misunderstandings. And a want of doubt. And a lack of grace.

Strazdas:

He is using same arguments i already pulled apart in R&P. beware he may just end up telling you that you simply dont have culture since only black people can have common culture (and thier most common thing is slavery). Yes, he went there.

Okay, dude, I have never said anything like that. You're going to have to show me the post in which you interpreted my comment to say something like that. Otherwise, you are engaging in slander.

iniudan:

geizr:

SushiJaguar:

So basically you're accusing him of being an internet tough guy? Just because he has an opinion that differs from yours? Ooooh, who's the big crybaby now?

Yes, I am accusing him of that, but not because he has a different opinion from mine. Social etiquette is very well established ethic. You simply don't treat other human beings with such a level of personal disrespect, especially not in professional interactions. In just about every circle, anyone who does that is considered an asshole.

And just before you say anything about professionalism, being professional is not the same as conforming to specific corporate culture. Professionalism is a matter of COURTESY, integrity, responsibility, and self-accountability.

No, he's just in the wrong and making excuses to be an asshole. Period.

And the person toward who he had no courtesy, had a complete lack of integrity, responsibility and self-accountability, has she submitted a broken untested kernel patch, tend dared take offense by been called and cursed for it.

If that being the case, then one can remove her from the project and explain precisely why her code is unacceptable without resorting to rude comments. One can be direct and truthful without being an ass. Just because one person displays unprofessional behavior does not give another excuse to engage in the same.

Steven Bogos:
This is why I like 4chan over reddit most of the time. In reddit, people are so scared about losing precious "upvotes" that everyone just goes around kissing ass and no-one calls people out on their bullshit.

In 4chan, if your opinion is shit, or wrong, you better fucking believe people will give you fifty reasons why you are an idiot. Sure, it's a lot more toxic and if you don't have as thick skin as some people, it may be a bit abrasive, but i believe the 4chan boards are a lot more honest and interesting than all the sucking up and popular topic spam (CARL SAGAN ATHEISM ZELDA) that goes on at reddit.

I find that there are positives and negatives to both.

On 4chan, if you're lucky, more people give in-depth and well reasoned responses. The problem is that there is a huge bandwagon effect by Anons to promote the idea that 4chan is a intolerant. So much that it becomes hard to have an actual discussion, because people might just post "ur a faggot."

Reddit lacks this, so you are more willing to get balanced responses. But as you said you will get many people who are too scared to commit to an actual discussion and will only do an upvote to show solidarity.

Of course, this only applies to social sites and not business/work environments.

geizr:

iniudan:

geizr:

Yes, I am accusing him of that, but not because he has a different opinion from mine. Social etiquette is very well established ethic. You simply don't treat other human beings with such a level of personal disrespect, especially not in professional interactions. In just about every circle, anyone who does that is considered an asshole.

And just before you say anything about professionalism, being professional is not the same as conforming to specific corporate culture. Professionalism is a matter of COURTESY, integrity, responsibility, and self-accountability.

No, he's just in the wrong and making excuses to be an asshole. Period.

And the person toward who he had no courtesy, had a complete lack of integrity, responsibility and self-accountability, has she submitted a broken untested kernel patch, tend dared take offense by been called and cursed for it.

If that being the case, then one can remove her from the project and explain precisely why her code is unacceptable without resorting to rude comments. One can be direct and truthful without being an ass. Just because one person displays unprofessional behavior does not give another excuse to engage in the same.

So you would reject someone because they made a mistake ? Know what, I much prefer to be called on and cursed for doing something stupid and still welcome, then been ejected with a nicely worded letter and flowers.

On other note, here the full quoted message from the OP.
-------------
Linux Torvalds wrote:
[sarah.a.sharp@linux.intel.com] wrote:
>
> Oh, FFS, I just called out on private email for "playing the victim
> card". I will repeat: this is not just about me, or other minorities.
> I should not have to ask for professional behavior on the mailing lists.
> Professional behavior should be the default.

Bullshit.

The thing is, the "victim card" is exactly about trying to enforce
your particular expectations on others, and trying to do so in a very
particular way. It's the old "think of the children" argument. And
it's bogus. Calling things "professional" is just more of the same -
trying to enforce some kind of convention on others by trying to claim
that it's the only acceptable way.

[ Since you seem to want to keep this in public, I'll just
cut-and-paste from my reply, so you have already seen this part of my
argument, it's only slightly edited because now I'm no longer typing
on my cellphone ]

The thing is, different people act and react differently. On both
sides. And I think we should recognize that and also *allow* for that.
And sometimes it means, for example, that people interact primarily
with certain people that they like more - because they are a better
"fit".

I think we actually do it very naturally, simply because we are human,
and this is how people interact in real life too. Sometimes we do it
consciously - the way we have people at various companies that act as
go-betweens - but most of the time we do it just because humans are
all about social interactions and we don't even think about what we do
and why.

For example, you work mostly through Greg. I don't think either of you
*planned* it that way, but it's likely because you guys work well
together.

See what I'm saying? People are different. I'm not polite, and I get
upset easily but generally don't hold a grudge - I have these
explosive emails. And that works well for some people. And it probably
doesn't work well with you.

And you know what? That's fine. Not everybody had to get along or work
well with each other. But the fact that it doesn't work with you
doesn't make it "wrong".

This isn't all that different from working around language issues etc
by having certain people work as in-betweens on that front.

And where we differ is in thinking either side has to necessarily
change. You think people need to act "nicer". While I think it's
*natural* that people have different behavior - and different
expectations. We all have issues somewhere and don't all like each
other. There are certain people I refuse to work with, for example.
They may be good engineers, but they just aren't people I can work
with.

And hey, I don't actually think we've personally even had any
problems. And I realize that you may react very strongly and get
nervous about us having problems, but realistically, do you actually
expect to like all the other kernel engineers?

And equally importantly, not everybody has to like you, or necessarily
think they have to be liked by you. OK?

So as far as I'm concerned, the discussion is about "how to work
together DESPITE people being different". Not about trying to make
everybody please each other. Because I can pretty much guarantee that
I'll continue cursing. To me, the discussion would be about how to
work together despite these kinds of cultural differences, not about
"how do we make everybody nice and sing songs sound the campfire"

Do you think you might be interested in *that* kind of discussion
instead of the "you are abusing me" kind of discussion?

Because if you want me to "act professional", I can tell you that I'm
not interested. I'm sitting in my home office wearign a bathrobe. The
same way I'm not going to start wearing ties, I'm *also* not going to
buy into the fake politeness, the lying, the office politics and
backstabbing, the passive aggressiveness, and the buzzwords. Because
THAT is what "acting professionally" results in: people resort to all
kinds of really nasty things because they are forced to act out their
normal urges in unnatural ways.
--------------

-Dragmire-:

Bujiraso:

It's generally best to work without emotions. This means maintaining an unchangingly calm and professional demeanour.

Just my two cents.

Depends on what you're doing. Those traits are really frowned upon when dealing with customers or advertising.

Well, I didn't say calm had to be cold, nor professional need be unfeeling. I've worked extensively with consumers and being calm and professional are indeed key traits.

iniudan:

Bujiraso:
There's a huge difference between being professional and polite and being nice or likeable.
I think Linus is confusing the two because he seems not to be differentiating them.
Additionally, being able to untie your emotions from an issue and respond in a cold and objective manner is a mark of maturity. Children and especially adolescents are the ones who get swept up with their emotions and let it alter their behavior.

It's generally best to work without emotions. This means maintaining an unchangingly calm and professional demeanour.

Just my two cents.

Actually I am pretty sure he know the difference, Linus a nice guy in general, but if you do stupid mistake that you shouldn't be doing, he will call you out for what he think you are, at that very moment.

And the mistake the person made was actually quite a major one, they committed code has stable which was unstable and that simply wouldn't compile, which is a mistake so obvious even a student shouldn't make it.

And the kernel maintainer who accepted the commit, was told to stop been a doormat and start yelling a bit, has he let unstable code go through, while the person who actually submitted the code was told they were "the devil f*ck head" for daring submit obviously broken code, then the discussion how not liking Torvald way started from there.

What would you do if you called a plumber for a new toilet plumbing and he left you with a flooded basement, I am pretty sure most would yell at him like rotten fish, either in person or in his back. Torvald just prefer would just do it in his face.

I reiterate my point that being professional really knows no end of benefit.
Not saying you can always maintain it but you ask me what I would do if a plumber flooded my basement?
I would see promptly to getting him fired.
No need to yell.

Edit: Just mulling over the "rather do it in his face" and to me that isn't a particularly safe bet. I see that it's probably perceived as some sort of integrity, right? I love that. Integrity is great. But everyone will have personal feelings on issues that people just don't need to hear. I've gone through my fair share of personal trial through just telling people how I feel too much; it hurts people. To reframe it? Imagine a racist or homophobe. Would you rather they cussed out all the people they didn't like for integrity's sake? You can have integrity and be professional as well. Saying "your work with the linux kernel is ended right now. Please go." is a fine substitute for any cuss words.

Jandau:
So basically: "I'm important enough to be an arsehole and have people tolerate me instead of giving me a kick in the balls that I deserve."? Yeah, great advice...

I think you're pointing out a key issue, too, that this uncensored/everything goes ideal would have people distract discussion from key topics to just call each other out.

A: "No you're a doofus!"
B: "YOU'RE a doofus!"
A: "You're an EVEN BIGGER doofus!"
C: "hey guyz we gonna code?"
A&B: "SHU'UP DOOFUS"

Personally, I see no reason why you can't be civil and polite even in regards to people and ideas you disagree with, especially when you're in a position to likely have to continue working with them anyway.

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Log in or Register to Comment
Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  
  
Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here