Battlefield 4's Buildings Have Advanced Falling-Over Mechanics

Pages PREV 1 2

Will it be vastly different from BF3? No? Then I won't buy it. Do dice, DICE.

SO... How will this improve the gameplay? I can tumble towers down, how will this make the gaming part better? Like, I got this feeling that Yahtzee described the best "Minimum level of appreciation in required to continue"...
Also, learned to make better single player experience - I just laughed so hard I crapped my pants.

So when are we going to get those 64 vs 64 people tactical mayhems again? Never? Oh... Nevermind then.

Lunar Templar:

firstly:

secondly: Since I won't play BF4 and videos like that are the only way I'll be able to enjoy the game, I say do it! Let the trolls be free on the servers >.> <.< just record it so I can watch later :3

"i shoot good" "tank go boom"
i cant stop laughing

Yes, indeed such a ingenuity in battlefield is what made me lean towards this franchise much more than any other shooter.

SinisterGehe:
SO... How will this improve the gameplay? I can tumble towers down, how will this make the gaming part better? Like, I got this feeling that Yahtzee described the best "Minimum level of appreciation in required to continue"...
Also, learned to make better single player experience - I just laughed so hard I crapped my pants.

So when are we going to get those 64 vs 64 people tactical mayhems again? Never? Oh... Nevermind then.

you tumble down a building sideways across a road, blocing enemy invasion. scarach that, you do temawork and trap a group of enemy vehicles between two fallem buildings and slaughter them.

Strazdas:
what if you are inside a building when it collapses?
what if you are in an elevator when the power is cut?
are those unfortunate players get fed to the internet god because someone wanted to have fun?

ALso more destructible enviroment is good, though whenever that is promised it either ends up compeltely silly mecnanic where a straw can float whole building (red faction: guerilla) or the descttion allwos you do remove floor tiles but not the actual floor so completely useless.

In BC2 any player trapped in a collapsed building would die (still savable with a medic though). I'm guessing that in the elevator situation, you might be able to climb out of an escape hatch or, worse comes to worse, use the suicide option to escape back to your spawn. In BC2, complete buildings could be rendered to collapsed heaps or exposed steel frames, and entire forests could be leveled. In a city map full of narrow streets and buildings, it was entirely feasible to knock over parts or all of the buildings in the level to secure a strategic advantage. Personally I'm for bringing back huge maps that can be almost completely leveled in multiplayer, combined with taller buildings that can be scaled from multiple entry points. A game where a viable option for dealing with group of tanks is collapsing nearby buildings onto them or a highway from underneath them with explosive charges is something I approve of.

Daemascus:

seditary:

Steven Bogos:
and fan-favorite Battlefield 3 map Operation Metro will most likely be making a return.

And I stopped there because I was too busy laughing.

So they're putting back in stuff they took out of BF3 while keeping some of the shit too?

Nothing to see here.

Quite right, Operation Metro was the worst map in the game. In a game about combined arms warfare why would you want to fight in tight corridors with no vehicles? You might as well play CoD at that point.

While I'm not denying that Metro quickly turned into a campfest down narrow hallways, bringing it back WITH better building destruction (and perhaps the ability to knock out more subway halls and trains) may make it a more interesting map. Certainly in the case of death match.

Gottesstrafe:

In BC2 any player trapped in a collapsed building would die (still savable with a medic though). I'm guessing that in the elevator situation, you might be able to climb out of an escape hatch or, worse comes to worse, use the suicide option to escape back to your spawn. In BC2, complete buildings could be rendered to collapsed heaps or exposed steel frames, and entire forests could be leveled. In a city map full of narrow streets and buildings, it was entirely feasible to knock over parts or all of the buildings in the level to secure a strategic advantage. Personally I'm for bringing back huge maps that can be almost completely leveled in multiplayer, combined with taller buildings that can be scaled from multiple entry points. A game where a viable option for dealing with group of tanks is collapsing nearby buildings onto them or a highway from underneath them with explosive charges is something I approve of.

very nice. This is the kind of thing i want to see in all games online or not. sadly we still arent there yet. and yep huge multiplayer maps with lots of people that can be abused for strategic advantange. thats both fun adn realistic, win win i think.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here