Is Your Wallet Empty After Steam's Summer Sale?

Is Your Wallet Empty After Steam's Summer Sale?

Another week, another round of gaming deals. That is, if Steam's Summer Sale hasn't drained your wallet by now.

Now that the Steam Summer Sale's ended, an emboldened GameStop is venturing forth with its own Summer Sale. So far we haven't seen anything mindblowing, but there will be new offers every day. The highlight today is a 70% savings on Sleeping Dogs, bringing the title bundled with all its DLC down to $16.49. The Skyrim PC download isn't cheapest ever but still falls to a respectable $20.99, while the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition download is 75% off its usual price, typing the lowest we've seen.

Paradox's latest published title Teleglitch releases tomorrow. It's a retro-looking rougelike top-down shooter priced at $12.99 everywhere.... well, almost everywhere. GameFly for some reason is pricing the title at $9.99 - a full 25% less. On top of that, there's a 20% off coupon code to drop the price down to $7.99. If you order before the July 24th release date, you'll get the soundtrack and 8 exclusive weapons/utilities.

From the creators of The Book of Unwritten Tales comes The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief, released just today. It's a point-and-click adventure game set in 1960s Europe with decent reviews. Steam and just about everywhere else has it for $22.49, but Green Man Gaming gives you a coupon code to discount further to $18.

Feel free to ignore this entire post if you need to recover and brace yourself for the Autumn / Winter / Never-ending-stop-hurting-the-wallet Sale.

Just Added Deals

New batch of Rockstar deals from Gamefly. All of them activates on Steam. Woot?

Max Payne 3: Complete Pack (PC Download) - $9.59.

Use coupon GFDJUL20 or GFDJUL20UK if you're in the UK.
Max Payne 3 plus the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass (9 DLCs). Deal expires July 31.

L.A. Noire Complete Edition (PC Download) - $5.99.

Access to ALL the L.A. Noire add-on contents.

Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack (PC Download) - $10 at GameFly.

Includes GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA IV Complete Edition. Deal expires July 31.

Rockstar Hits Collection (PC Download) - $15.99.

Includes Max Payne 3, Grand Theft Auto IV and L.A. Noire. Deal expires July 31.

Hot Deal of the Week

PC Download Summer Sale - up to 80% off at GameStop.

Like the Steam Summer sale, there will be new offers thrown up on their homepage through Monday, July 29th.

If your wallet isn't completely empty after Steam's Summer Sale, there are some decent pickings at GameStop (with most activating on Steam). Our top choices for today are below:

Teleglitch: Die More Edition (PC Download) - $7.99 at GameFly.

Releases July 24. Next best is $13 at Amazon.

Legends of Aethereus (PC Download) - $24 at Green Man Gaming.

Released yesterday. If you frequent KickStarter for game titles, you might have spotted this action co-op RPG. List is $30. Deal expires July 26.

The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief (PC Download) - $18 at Green Man Gaming.

Elsewhere $22.49.

Upcoming Releases

The Sims 3 Dragon Valley (PC Download) - $15.99 at GameFly.

Releases August 6. List is $20.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (PC Download) - $47.99 at GameFly.

Releases August 20. List is $60.

Ys: Memories of Celceta (PS Vita) - $35.99 at NewEgg.

Releases September 24. List is $40. Deal expires July 24.

Enemy Front (Xbox 360) - $52.99 at NewEgg.

Releases September 24. List is $60. Deal expires July 29.

Mario Party (Nintendo 3DS) - $35.99 at NewEgg.

Releases November 1. List is $40. Deal expires July 29.

Demon Gaze (PS Vita) - $35.99 at NewEgg.

Releases April 1. List is $40. Deal expires July 24.

Console Game Deals

Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3) - $19.99 at Best Buy.

Next best is $40 at Amazon. Deal expires July 27.

Max Payne 3 - Pre-Owned (Xbox 360, PS3) - $7.99 at Best Buy.

List is $18. Deal expires July 27.

God of War: Ascension (PS3) - $27.99 at NewEgg.

Next best is $34 at Amazon. Deal expires July 29.

Nintendo Land (Wii U) - $17.99 at Best Buy.

Next best is $25 at JR.com. Deal expires July 27.

Gaming Hardware

Lenovo Erazer X700 Desktop - $1,499 at Lenovo.

Specs: Quad Core i7-3820, GeForce GTX 660 1.5GB, 16GB RAM, and Blu-ray drive. List is $1,999.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p 1080p Haswell Laptop - $969 at Lenovo.

Specs: Core i7-4700MQ, GeForce GT 750M, 24GB mSSD, and 8GB RAM. List is $1,369. Deal expires July 26.

3-Month PlayStation Plus Subscription - $27.99 at Best Buy.

Comes with a bonus $20 PS Network card. List is $38. Deal expires July 27.

That 3 month card and PSN money is looking rather nice. Good thing my wallet isn't near to being empty, although I did have to buy myself a new laptop battery.
And Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition only $4.99!? I regret buying the game so long ago now...T^T

Nah i still got a few dollars in my wallet.

Wow, I feel sorry for console gamers, their "sale" prices are still so expensive.

Bought walking dead for $6
Max payne 3 for $10
Tomb raider for $12
3 great games for $30ish after taxes
Gonna wait on far cry 3 until I see $15 or lower

My wallet's not empty yet, but I'm not really interested enough to spend the extra cash right now. I might be dealing with deal fatigue.

endtherapture:
Wow, I feel sorry for console gamers, their "sale" prices are still so expensive.

Tell me about it. With a couple of games in the Steam sale, it was literally cheaper for me to buy the game plus ALL THE DLC over buying a piece or two of DLC for the game I already own.

I have exactly 0.01 in my steam account.

Though to be fair I only put on 10 for the sale (plus around 3 already on there), I brought 1 game and 2 DLC's.

I think I did pretty well considering just two of those DLC would have been more than 15 at normal prices.

Kentucky Route Zero is today's steam daily deal at 50% off for those of you who wanted it over Dragons Lair during the community choice a few days ago.

Didn't buy a thing. ^^

I stick with my DRM boykott, even when it means missing out on some bargains.

I only spent around 8 on the Steam sale this time - I had most of everything else I would've wanted. I got the Civ5 gold edition upgrade (just slap BNW on sale and I'll get that too, then feel like I can approach the game) and my own copy of Just Cause 2.

endtherapture:

You'll get quoted again.

Indeed; I want to buy some 3DS games, but it's hard to justify when I look at the cost and realise I could get 2-8 good PC games for the same price.

My wallet was empty before the summer sale :(.

Chaosritter:
Didn't buy a thing. ^^

You have the will of a god if you didn't buy anything during the steam sale. Godspeed you demigod.

I bough nothing.
Which is fine, considering I am *STILL FUCKING WAITING* on several games I already pre-ordered (or am following) to launch, as I have been for months. In hindsight, I probably should have picked up Batman: Arkham City on the cheap.

BTW just added... a new batch of Rockstar deals from Gamefly. All of them activates on Steam.

Max Payne 3 complete for $9.59 is pretty tempting....

Max Payne 3: Complete Pack (PC Download) - $9.59.

Max Payne 3 plus the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass (9 DLCs). Deal expires July 31.

L.A. Noire Complete Edition (PC Download) - $5.99.

Access to ALL the L.A. Noire add-on contents.

Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack (PC Download) - $10 at GameFly.

Includes GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and GTA IV Complete Edition. Deal expires July 31.

Rockstar Hits Collection (PC Download) - $15.99.

Includes Max Payne 3, Grand Theft Auto IV and L.A. Noire. Deal expires July 31.

Corven:
Kentucky Route Zero is today's steam daily deal at 50% off for those of you who wanted it over Dragons Lair during the community choice a few days ago.

Solid game for any fans of point and click adventure games (Monkey Island.. King's Quest.. etc)

Joke's on you! My Steam wallet never had any money to begin with! T_T

I ended up spending nothing on the SSS (Steam - putting more S in SS!*), simply because the first purchase I wanted to make failed because of server overload. Well Valve, I see you don't want my money. So be it.

And I sprung on quite a few titles on GOG sale earlier, so my disposable income isn't in its best state right now. I probably won't be getting new games until I buy a new PC.

* Alternative: how much more brutal for your wallet is Steam Summer Sale than the SS? It's ONE more brutal.

No, my wallet is empty after paying university fees :(

dealzon:

Gaming Hardware

Lenovo Erazer X700 Desktop - $1,499 at Lenovo.

Specs: Quad Core i7-3820, GeForce GTX 660 1.5GB, 16GB RAM, and Blu-ray drive. List is $1,999.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p 1080p Haswell Laptop - $969 at Lenovo.

Specs: Core i7-4700MQ, GeForce GT 750M, 24GB mSSD, and 8GB RAM. List is $1,369. Deal expires July 26.

I dont really see a deal here. yesterday i saw the first one minus the blue ray drive but with beret 660 GPU (GTX660 2GB) for less than 1000 dollars. and blue ray drives cost 100-150. Or are we jsut paying extra 500 for shiny case?
And you still consider laptops "gaming hardware"....

My wallet is not yet empty but I either have these games, or don't want them, that and I don't think the PSN card is redeemable for AU accounts

It's worth mentioning that Green Man Gaming's 20% off voucher can be used on most digital purchases.

Of course, they had to put it on there *right after* I pre-ordered Teleglitch for full price. O well, I did pick up XCOM- Enemy Unknown + DLCs for ~$11 and Evil Genius for $1.25 during their recent summer sale, so I can't complain.

Chaosritter:
Didn't buy a thing. ^^

Just so you know, there's a fairly decent number of games on Steam that don't have any DRM attached at all.

I stopped using steam a while ago so my wallet would have been fine, if i hadn't raided Amazon for Wii games^^.

Love that retro box art on Teleglitch.

And yes my poor wallet took a pounding. I had saved up my wish list for this, and spent far too much to get everything that had a good deal. I still skipped Bioshock Infinite though, even with 50% off it was too expensive :/

Didn't buy anything from the steam sale. But I did build myself a new PC, to play the games I already have.

Strazdas:
No, my wallet is empty after paying university fees :(

I dont really see a deal here. yesterday i saw the first one minus the blue ray drive but with beret 660 GPU (GTX660 2GB) for less than 1000 dollars. and blue ray drives cost 100-150. Or are we jsut paying extra 500 for shiny case?
And you still consider laptops "gaming hardware"....

That Lenovo Erazer desktop is incredibly overpriced and probably shouldnt have made the list - checked into it and it made the list simply because there's a "coupon" for it now vs previously where you'd have to pay the even higher full price. You can definitely get a better priced PC/spec almost anywhere else.

As for the laptop - I think thats subjective a bit. While I game 80% of the time on my desktop - there's plenty of people that game on a laptop and prefer its mobility.

For under $1000, you get a 4th gen Core i7 and a decent enough mid-range GPU with 1080p display that can run most modern games at respectable frame rate (even at high settings).

dealzon:

As for the laptop - I think thats subjective a bit. While I game 80% of the time on my desktop - there's plenty of people that game on a laptop and prefer its mobility.

For under $1000, you get a 4th gen Core i7 and a decent enough mid-range GPU with 1080p display that can run most modern games at respectable frame rate (even at high settings).

i can game on my phone but its not a gaming hardware. Laptops pay a high price for mobility, and they are almost never designed with games in mind, and those that are are not worth the money (like alien). laptop hardware was never created with gaming in mind, its purpose is different. there are people that use it for other things than its purpose, and thats fine, computers are after all free platforms, but that does not make laptops a gaming hardware thing.
however, fair enough you got a point there, however laptop for gaming is never going to be a "good deal" since laptops are always more pricy than desktop counterparts while being much weaker (especially GPUs). Buying a desktop is the good deal of gaming.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here