Mega Man's Creator An Eligible Bachelor In Japanese Dating Sim

Mega Man's Creator An Eligible Bachelor In Japanese Dating Sim

Sweet Fuse

"Now's your chance to date your famous Capcom uncle or one of six other "steamy bachelors" in an upcoming PSP dating game."

Keiji Inafune did lots of memorable work for Capcom during his 23 year career. While there, he created Mega Man and worked on franchises like Onimusha, Dead Rising, and Resident Evil. In 2010, he left Capcom to start a new company, Comcept. Developers Idea Factory would like to debate that last point, as their upcoming visual novel Sweet Fuse depicts the veteran game developer as an eccentric amusement park operator who's been kidnapped by an evil pig. And you can date him. As his 18-year-old niece.

As publisher Aksys Games reveals to Siliconera, Sweet Fuse: At Your Side casts players as Inafune's niece, Saki. She attends the opening of his latest and greatest amusement park, when Count Hogstein, "a malevolent pig", attacks and holds everyone hostage. "Saki, along with seven sexy men, decides to enter Count Hogstein's deadly game in order to save her uncle and the other hostages," the blurb breathlessly reads. "Will she be able to solve the complex puzzles that Count Hogstein and his merry henchmen have in store? And most importantly, which steamy bachelor will Saki choose?"

Keiji Inafune isn't the only bachelor that Saki will get to save/date. For example, there's Kouta Meoshi, a legendary online gamer who's both cowardly and weak in real life, and Kimimaro Urabe, the "ball-carrying psychic". The story's "heart-felt blend of bomb-defusing action and death-defying romance" will have a total of 14 different endings, each one likely more ridiculous than the last.

Sweet Fuse: At Your Side releases on the PSP via retail and Playstation Network on August 27th. It's difficult to decide which is the more interesting development here: the idea of a 46-year-old game developer dating his niece, or a new release on the PSP?

Source: Aksys Games via Siliconera

This means that Reggie Fils-Aime needs to be in Super Smash Bros, he actually makes sense there

Welp, there goes my head. It just like. Exploded. I'm typing this as a decapitated corpse.

I am actually more interested about what kind of reaction Keiji had when they told him about this. I like to imagine that he probably laughed to tears about the idea or that he just simply ignored it and is now seeing the news and just going "wtf" over it.

Which is more offensive? A Jewish Pig or Dating your Uncle?

DVS BSTrD:
Which is more offensive? A Jewish Pig or Dating your Uncle?

I think the name was just intended to sound germanic, it's a count after all, Japanese people might just not pay attention to the specific choice of word.

Ah, so a reverse-harem? Nice :D

Yuuki:

The "Harem anime" actually sprang out of the popularity of Dating Sims in Japan. Dating Sims directed at girls exist as well but are less common.

Yuuki:

There are quite a few dating sims and things directed at girls, called Otome games. I've played quite a few of them, they are good games, a particularly great one called "Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom" for the PSP, it's more a visual novel than a dating sim though.

Looking through the site it doesn't look like Keiji Inafune's actually dateable, he's just someone you gotta rescue. On the other hand there might be some ridiculous secret route to date him anyways.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here