Saints Row IV Gets Yet Another Collector's Edition

Saints Row IV Gets Yet Another Collector's Edition

Saints Row IV Game of the Generation Edition

The new Saints Row IV Game of the Generation Edition gives you physical loot to use when displaying your loot.

It's hard to imagine another series that embraces excess as an art form quite like the Saints Row series. The franchise started life as a Grant Theft Auto sandbox, only to somehow become a Crackdown-styled superhero game. Saints Row IV's Super Dangerous Wub Wub set already embodies a distinct lack of seriousness, and now Deep Silver is stepping forward with yet another limited edition. The Saints Row IV Game of the Generation pack doesn't only include extras from the previous collector's set, it features a rotating light-up display case perfect for showing off your game to visiting friends and family.

The Game of the Generation edition can be purchased for $129.99, and gives you a copy of the game, a "Display Case of Everlasting Glory", and a velvet pouch specifically for said case. You'll also get the physical goods from the Super Dangerous Wub Wub Edition, including a 12-inch Dubstep gun, an 8-inch miniature of Johnny Gat, and a Dubstep Doomsday button. Finally, pre-orders will include the Commander in Chief in-game items, specifically the 'Merica weapon, the Uncle Sam costume, and the Screaming Eagle Jet.

All told, the Game of the Generation edition sounds like a highly appropriate copy of the game to buy, and still gives fans a few weeks to change their pre-orders if they so choose. Saints Row IV will launch for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 on August 20, 2013.

Source: Polygon

A twelve inch dubstep gun. Well, this is certainly something to keep an eye on.

Why a statue of Johnny Gat? Spoiler just in case somebody hasn't played "The Third" yet.

Germanicus:

They confirmed it a while ago:

Anyways, I'm still not entirely convinced SRIV will be any good. Hopefully they're really trying to live up to the promise of "Game of the Generation" and are not just trying to get as much pre-order cash as possible.

Germanicus:
Why a statue of Johnny Gat? Spoiler just in case somebody hasn't played "The Third" yet.

Johnny is coming back in Saints Row IV, and I'm not tagging it as a spoiler because there's a trailer for it.

So I'd basically pay about 10€ for an additional game case? Eh, I think I'll stay with my CE, it already has all I could ask for except for a hugely inconvenient way to store my game case.

Still not sure if want, I just hope it's not that much more superficial from it's predacessor as that one was from SR2.

erttheking:
A twelve inch dubstep gun. Well, this is certainly something to keep an eye on.

"Me Wub you long time solder boy." :P

Have I mentioned I love how over-the-top the Saints Row devs' collective ids are? Because I do.

Also, Game of the Generation is an awesome name for an a game with such a great legacy that Saints Row is making. You could make a thesis on how you went from a relatively-straight gang warfare game like the original Saints Row to...whatever you would classify Saints Row 4 as. Personally I classify it as "Human Id Simulation," but that's just me.

Quaxar:
So I'd basically pay about 10€ for an additional game case? Eh, I think I'll stay with my CE, it already has all I could ask for except for a hugely inconvenient way to store my game case.

but...but.. but it rotates and shines! everlasting glory!

The Great JT:
Personally I classify it as "Human Id Simulation," but that's just me.

...never thought of it that way. Rather interesting spin.

Tempting. Very tempting. I just recently played Saints Row III for the first time. I had no idea what I was missing out on! I can't wait to try out the fourth.

I actually want this. I have no room though!

Ehh...looks nice, but I think I'll wait for the Saint's Row Game of the Super Fude-Coated Finger Lickin' Deity Shaming Fourth Wall Breaking Millennium edition. I hear it includes your very own light-up hyper-realistic 'illegal in forty-nine states' dildo gun.

Saints Row The Third was too much of a disappointment for me to risk getting a collector's edition of this. I also don't have the room for it. I will get it regardless of reviews and I might even pre-order it depending on how much money I got, but as of right now X-com looks more likely than Saints Row.

Germanicus:

The DLC was entirely narrated by the nerd guy (can't remember his name), so it's probably not canon. As for the zombie, I don't recall that part.

Is this what desperation looks like? It sure looks like what desperation should look like.

Doom972:

The DLC was entirely narrated by the nerd guy (can't remember his name), so it's probably not canon. As for the zombie, I don't recall that part.

"Zombie Gat" is a homie unlocked (I think) at the end of the game. He's basically like Lynn and Carlos except you don't have to call Eye For An Eye.

Oh, and the nerd is Jimmy Torbitson. I call him "Steve."

In any event, they promised a really super cool explanation for why Gat's coming back, so....

Zachary Amaranth:
Is this what desperation looks like? It sure looks like what desperation should look like.

Doom972:

"Zombie Gat" is a homie unlocked (I think) at the end of the game. He's basically like Lynn and Carlos except you don't have to call Eye For An Eye.

Oh, and the nerd is Jimmy Torbitson. I call him "Steve."

In any event, they promised a really super cool explanation for why Gat's coming back, so....

Well, he's naked and drippin some form of goo from what looks like the same alien ship level the boss wakes up in at some point. I assume cloning is involved, but not shitty cloning like The Trouble With Clones.

shintakie10:

Well, he's naked and drippin some form of goo from what looks like the same alien ship level the boss wakes up in at some point. I assume cloning is involved, but not shitty cloning like The Trouble With Clones.

I just assumed "aliens." Anything more specific is giving more thought to the situation than Volition put into it.

would uy if had a lot of disposable income. will sttle for the steam edition, i still wanna buy Watch_Dogs mask edition

I'm no Saints Row fan, but nonetheless, I feel obliged to applaud the sheer excess of all this. After all, "Game of the Generation" edition - really? :) I expect the "Best Game of All Time" edition to be announced shortly, which will also come bundled with a live octopus, or something.

Zachary Amaranth:

Developers plan to release the Collectors Edition of a game like normal.

"They're desperate."

Arnoxthe1:

Developers plan to release the Collectors Edition of a game like normal.

"They're desperate."

I like the deft way you knocked down that strawman. However, it does have little bearing on the actual situation. Maybe next time address what I said as it relates to reality?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here