Deep Silver Gets Humble With a Bundle

Deep Silver Gets Humble With a Bundle

The Humble Deep Silver Bundle is a healthy collection of Saints Row, Risen, Sacred and even Dead Island, all for whatever price you care to pay.

Once again stepping in where THQ left off, Deep Silver has rolled out its very own Humble Bundle, and it's an impressive collection to say the least. Pay as much or as little as you want (to a minimum of $1, sorry to say) for Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Risen 2: Dark Waters and Sacred 2 Gold, with money going in whatever amount you choose to Deep Silver, two very worth charities - the American Red Cross and Child's Play - and the Humble Bundle people themselves. Soundtracks for Saints Row: The Third, Risen 2 and Sacred 2 are also included.

But you know that's not the end of the story. Beat the average price, currently sitting at a redonkulously low $4.61, and you'll also get Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package, a DLC collection including missions, costumes and vehicles, and Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition. And if you drop more than $25, Dead Island Riptide will be added to the mix.

This particular bundle is Windows-only and will be provided via Steam keys, which I'm sure won't present a problem for anyone. (Hey, they're not going to mail you discs for a buck.) It's a screaming good deal for around five bucks, especially with Saints Row IV on the horizon - this is a great opportunity for Saints Row newbies to get caught up. The Humble Deep Silver Bundle runs for two weeks, so if you want it, grab it at humblebundle.com.

See Deep Silver, THIS is how you convince me to get on your side, this is how you convince me that the Ranger Mode DLC was THQ's idea.

Now if only I could actually play those games on my mac. God damn it.

They should have included Clear Sky as well :D . No matter, I might buy this
BTW: Does the complete edition of Saints Row mean that my not complete edition will be upgraded but I get to keep the standart game for a trade?

Charcharo:
BTW: Does the complete edition of Saints Row mean that my not complete edition will be upgraded but I get to keep the standart game for a trade?

If you pay above the average, you get two keys. One of them has the games you get for paying a dollar or more, and the other has the "above average" games. So you could redeem the second code to get Dead Island and SR3 + DLC, then trade the first code, but you'd be giving up Risen 2, Sacred 2, and Saints Row 2 along with the standard version of SR3.

the announcer needs to di.. find another job.

these arent games that would not convince me to buy it if it wasnt for charity.

dead island and risen drag even the best bundles down some notches.

Deep Silver are winning some kudos with me for this. That and doing the production side of Wasteland 2 without demanding IP rights

I've wanted to play Sacred 2 for a while now, and Risen 2 is a nice addition, but I already got SR2&3. I got it and it appears that you only get one key for the entire bundle. Still worth the low price, but I was hoping to trade those extra keys.

erttheking:
See Deep Silver, THIS is how you convince me to get on your side, this is how you convince me that the Ranger Mode DLC was THQ's idea.

Don't modern Macs come with a program that makes it very simple to create a Windows partition?

Doom972:

erttheking:

Don't modern Macs come with a program that makes it very simple to create a Windows partition?

Yeah but you still need to buy the software, which is expensive. It doesn't help that my mac is running out of memory, and wasn't particularly powerful to start with.

I already own Saints row 2 but the rest of the stuff was definitely more than worth the five bucks.

Charcharo:

No, it does not.

Trading humble-bundle steam keys is against the terms of service. People have had their steam market and trading privileges on steam revoked for doing so. You've been warned.

Besides, man, it's for freaking charity. I'm sure you can swallow the loss of a single tradable item.

UltimatheChosen:

Charcharo:

If you pay above the average, you get two keys. One of them has the games you get for paying a dollar or more, and the other has the "above average" games. So you could redeem the second code to get Dead Island and SR3 + DLC, then trade the first code, but you'd be giving up Risen 2, Sacred 2, and Saints Row 2 along with the standard version of SR3.

No no, the thing is I have Saints Row 3 from these games but without DLCs from the THQ humble Bundle. I want to get the DLC bu have a normal version left which to sell. Or is that impossible :P.
Or in other words: Does steam see the new game I just activated is the exact same but with DLCs, understand that, use the DLCs and leave me with a standart copy of SR3 for trading?

Kwil:

Charcharo:

No, it does not.

Trading humble-bundle steam keys is against the terms of service. People have had their steam market and trading privileges on steam revoked for doing so. You've been warned.

Besides, man, it's for freaking charity. I'm sure you can swallow the loss of a single tradable item.

If I have the money I am getting it anyway. Hopefully I will, but it would be nice if I can send a copy of Saints Row 3 to a friend :P

Charcharo:

Kwil:

Charcharo:

No, it does not.

If I have the money I am getting it anyway. Hopefully I will, but it would be nice if I can send a copy of Saints Row 3 to a friend :P

You can. It is possible to buy a humble bundle *entirely* for someone else. Just click that little "Is this a gift box" at the end.

So once you've done your order, do another one for an extra buck (or hey, just shave a buck off your initial order if you were at least that much over the average) and now your friend can have Saints Row 2, 3, as well as Sacred 2 and Risen 2.. which makes you not just a friend, but a kick-ass friend!

Kwil:

Charcharo:

Kwil:

No, it does not.

You can. It is possible to buy a humble bundle *entirely* for someone else. Just click that little "Is this a gift box" at the end.

So once you've done your order, do another one for an extra buck (or hey, just shave a buck off your initial order if you were at least that much over the average) and now your friend can have Saints Row 2, 3, as well as Sacred 2 and Risen 2.. which makes you not just a friend, but a kick-ass friend!

They only wanted Saints Row 3. But that is a good idea :D . Sacred is quite fun if I remember correctly.

Another reason that I will be buying Saints The Fourth within the first week of release.

I just hope Deep Silver will remain this consumer-friendly for a long time to come.

*disregard this post*

dang, somehow they beat out the desperation offer THQ put up before they burned down, i just can't win with luck

UltimatheChosen:

Really? That sucks :/ I was hoping I could have been able to trade Saint's Row 3 seeing as I already have it.

Holy crap this is an AMAZING thing to do, massive props to Deep Silver.

And purchased!

erttheking:

Doom972:

erttheking:

Yeah but you still need to buy the software, which is expensive. It doesn't help that my mac is running out of memory, and wasn't particularly powerful to start with.

Have you tried Wine?

I don't know how taxing it is on resources, but it's a free software, and it should get the job done.

Spitfire:

erttheking:

Doom972:

Have you tried Wine?

I don't know how taxing it is on resources, but it's a free software, and it should get the job done.

Hm. Thank you for sharing that with me. The next time my computer savy friend is over I'll try it out.

Doom972:
I've wanted to play Sacred 2 for a while now,

Sacred 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. It's also probably the buggiest. Ascaron entertainment died trying to release it, and it's a literal travesty that they couldn't make it the best they could. I'm pretty sure that it's only as buggy as it is because they couldn't afford to develop it any longer. Despite that, they still had a bunch of free DLC that they launched within weeks of the game landing on shelves. Anyway, if you like Diablo-style hack-n-slashes and Elder Scrolls exploration and quest hunting, Sacred is for you.

Signa:

Doom972:

Sacred 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. It's also probably the buggiest. Ascaron entertainment died trying to release it, and it's a literal travesty that they couldn't make it the best they could. I'm pretty sure that it's only as buggy as it is because they couldn't afford to develop it any longer. Despite that, they still had a bunch of free DLC that they launched within weeks of the game landing on shelves. Anyway, if you like Diablo-style hack-n-slashes and Elder Scrolls exploration and quest hunting, Sacred is for you.

I started playing and I can see what you're talking about. Any recommendations for unofficial patches or mods?

Doom972:

Signa:

Doom972:

I started playing and I can see what you're talking about. Any recommendations for unofficial patches or mods?

Unfortunately no, I stopped playing it before I got too far into it, because it was a bit laggy on my old PC, so I put it aside for when I got my PC upgraded. Well, it didn't like Windows 7 very much with my configuration, so I put it aside again, waiting for the Fire and Ice expansion to be released in the US, because it supposedly fixed some issues. That never happened.

The gold pack finally came out rather recently, and I haven't been able to try it out. I snatched it up at full price on Steam when I saw it, because I had been strongly contemplating importing the UK version plus the expansion, despite its very expensive costs.

Sweet!
Money well saved & spent

hurr hurr hurr, Oar... I get it!

Anyways, it seems interesting.
Good chance for me to try out saints row now.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here