League of Legends Preps "Forecast Janna" Legendary Skin

League of Legends Preps "Forecast Janna" Legendary Skin

The legendary skin will offer new animations, spell effects, and voiceovers.

League of Legends' resident weather witch Janna is getting a legendary skin befitting of her storm-themed skillset: "Forecast Janna". The skin, just like other legendary skins before it, will offer a new model, animations, spell effects, and voice over. Riot didn't offer any information on when it will be released, but we can probably expect to see it with the next patch.

From the official website, Forecast Janna includes:

• A new character model, reminiscent of the alluringly professional attire you might see on your local nightly news
  • Climatically inclement spell effects, such as a radar map shield on Eye of the Storm, a cloud companion on Zephyr and more tumultuous Monsoons and Howling Gales
  • Broadcaster-inspired animations that look as good in the newsroom as they do on the Fields of Justice
  • New voiceover featuring well-practiced non-regional diction along with meteorological lingo and diverse weather forecasts

You can check out some screenshots of Forecast Janna in action below:

Forecast Janna joins the likes of Gentlemen Cho'Gath, Corporate Mundo and Demonblade Tryndamere in the "Legendary" category of skins. All other skins in this category have cost 1820 RP, so we can most likely expect the same price for Forecast Janna. The previously released Spirit Guard Udyr was in the "Ultimate" skin tier, which as well as all the benefits of a Legendary skin, have even more additional models and effects.

Janna is one of my favorite supports, and one of the oldest champions in the game, so it's nice to see her get a bit of love. Her previous skins were kind of lame as well. Which champion do you guys think deserves the next Legendary or Ultimate skin?

Source: League of Legends

Will be a day one buy for me. Spend 90% of my games supporting, and found all her skins to be lame.

TI3 event/results, not reported.

That's okay guys, we got the latest scoop on League cosmetics!

Oh, Escapist.

AND YET THEY STILL HAVENT FUCKING RELEASED LUCIEN

FOR FUCKS SAKES

Sseth:
AND YET THEY STILL HAVENT FUCKING RELEASED LUCIEN

FOR FUCKS SAKES

Skins are a lot easier to make than a new champion. More so one that needs a lot of balancing.

Candidus:

Oh, Escapist.

But a hot weather girl.... how does that compare to say the third international dota championships with a prize pool of over 2.6 million dollars...

Heh, I like the smiling cloud. I'm not into LoL so I wouldn't really know, but it seems they don't take themselves too seriously. Which can be either good or bad. No idea how well this fits in with the rest, although Corporate Mundo etc. sounds like this has been going on for a while, I guess.

synobal:

Candidus:

Oh, Escapist.

But a hot weather girl.... how does that compare to say the third international dota championships with a prize pool of over 2.6 million dollars...

You see them reporting on any of the league competitive events? No? Oh.

Awkward.

EDIT:
MOTHERF

MY WORDS.

I EAT THEM.

OT:
Yay, I don't play Janna...

But I sure will play with Janna now.

And lose... A lot.

Good skin though :D The forecast for cawcawcaw is pretty great.

synobal:

It's almost like they're being given some kind of incentive to ignore Riot's competition.

But seriously, I barely care about LoL as it is, I care about scantily clad skins for characters other than Thresh, Amumu and Zilean even less.

If they went with an umbrella, they should have done a Marry Poppins skin.

Candidus:

Oh, Escapist.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126779-DoTA-2-Clan-Alliance-Takes-Home-The-International-3-Gold

It's at the top of "Latest Content."

Candidus:

Oh, Escapist.

I was actually prepping an article on TI3 just after I posted this one, it should be up now. Also, our League of Legends fanbase appears to be bigger than our Dota 2 one, which is why I gave this story preference. Thanks!

Me and some mates were comparing thoughts on the skin last night actually, verdict is that Rookie is wrong and it's pretty cool. :P

By the way, the disclaimer on the website is hilarious

"Riot Games in no way guarantees the accuracy of any weather predictions made by Forecast Janna. Any weather advice given by champions of the League is for entertainment only, and in no way reflects the weather patterns of any particular country or region. In the unlikely event that Forecast Janna's predictions match current weather conditions in your area this should be considered entirely coincidental and unintentional. Please consult your local news channel for accurate weather information."

Funny thing is someone would actually have a go at them for not being legit if this wasn't specifically stated.

At least they released a new Legendary for someone people at least kind of play. Hey, here's a good idea guys, let's release an Ultimate skin... For UDYR! Udyr is a very commonly picked character in all ELO brackests wouldn't you agree?

What do you mean no?!

BanicRhys:

synobal:

It's almost like they're being given some kind of incentive to ignore Riot's competition.

But seriously, I barely care about LoL as it is, I care about scantily clad skins for characters other than Thresh, Amumu and Zilean even less.

Wait, so you *do* care though about scantily clad Thresh Amumu and Zilean skins? 0.0

...well, each to their own I guess
((on a serious note though those could be great if played for laughs)).

As for the subject at hand, the skin looks pretty neat. Wonder how it will sound.

BanicRhys:

synobal:

Hi there!

We take allegations of being "paid off" by companies very seriously, as journalistic integrity is a very important thing here at the escapist. I can assure you that no money changed hands to produce this article (except what the escapist pays me per article), and I am simply an enthusiastic League of Legends fan that enjoys covering League of Legends related news.

Some_weirdGuy:
Wait, so you *do* care though about scantily clad Thresh Amumu and Zilean skins? 0.0

...well, each to their own I guess
((on a serious note though those could be great if played for laughs)).

Oh yah, I might even start playing actual matches if they stuck Zilean in a speedo or something.

Some_weirdGuy:
Hi there!

We take allegations of being "paid off" by companies very seriously, as journalistic integrity is a very important thing here at the escapist. I can assure you that no money changed hands to produce this article (except what the escapist pays me per article), and I am simply an enthusiastic League of Legends fan that enjoys covering League of Legends related news.

I never thought you were being paid off, I was just making fun of how some people tend to jump to that conclusion far too readily.

The Wykydtron:
Me and some mates were comparing thoughts on the skin last night actually, verdict is that Rookie is wrong and it's pretty cool. :P

By the way, the disclaimer on the website is hilarious

"Riot Games in no way guarantees the accuracy of any weather predictions made by Forecast Janna. Any weather advice given by champions of the League is for entertainment only, and in no way reflects the weather patterns of any particular country or region. In the unlikely event that Forecast Janna's predictions match current weather conditions in your area this should be considered entirely coincidental and unintentional. Please consult your local news channel for accurate weather information."

Funny thing is someone would actually have a go at them for not being legit if this wasn't specifically stated.

At least they released a new Legendary for someone people at least kind of play. Hey, here's a good idea guys, let's release an Ultimate skin... For UDYR! Udyr is a very commonly picked character in all ELO brackests wouldn't you agree?

What do you mean no?!

I feel Udyr is now more popular if just for that skin. So I guess it did work. A bit.

Janna was my favourite champion. This makes me consider getting back into LoL.

It's weird to see Janna covered in that much clothing. And even this is fanservice-y. Oh Riot, you never change.

BanicRhys:

I don't think you'd want a scantily clad skin for amumu.
He'd just turn to dust. A pile of dust with a thong.

If you want him to keep his bandages though, his default is basically naked ;P

Once again, how is this news? Seriously, this is an advertisement. LOOK AT THIS COOL SKIN. It's not news. The article on the word Satan in LoL? That's news. It's taking a current event about the game and giving us information. This is just having us look at an in-game skin. It's not that big of a deal, and anyone who cares already knows, or will. The author needs to learn what constitutes "news" and how to frame his subject as such.

Randomly i was searching on youtube i found this please take a look :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSNeHYvGjXk
i love this janna skin its pretty good but dnt you guys thing its too costly :P

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here