Game of Thrones Characters Re-imagined in The 90s

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Game of Thrones Characters Re-imagined in The 90s

Arya Stark in particular looks like she was taken straight out of The Secret World of Alex Mack.

Game of Thrones, hit HBO drama based on the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, is set in a Tolkien-esque fantasy world, where people wear animal skins and fight with swords. It is not set in the 90s, where people wore horrendous clothes and fought with terrible fashion sense. But the internet is a great place to play pretend, and one talented artist by the name of Mike Wrobel has re-imagined our favorite Game of Thrones characters as if they were characters from various 90s TV shows.

From Miami Vice-style Jamie Lannister to The Secret World of Alex Mack inspired Arya Stark, all of the characters have been given cool 90s makeovers that best express their personalities. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Niko Bellic-style Bronn, and a particularly nasty reference to the fate which befalls poor Theon Greyjoy too...

Anyway, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy:

These pictures should hopefully give you a short reprieve during the agonizing wait for Game of Thrones Season 4, which is scheduled to premier "next spring". If you like the pictures, you can purchase some prints from Wrobel's website.

Source: Game of Thrones 90s by Mike Wrobel

Oh my god this is absolutely disgusting. I loved Game of Thrones up to this point but this made me sick. I'm boycotting HBO and Game of Thrones from now on!

Seriously though, these are really cool.

Oh my god, Theon with the hotdog... Fucking priceless!

Pretty awesome how they captured the characteristics while still remaining very 90's.

To be honest I actually have a hard time telling who's who with half of these pictures.

On the other hand, the Hound wearing a Homer Simpson T-Shirt...HA!

To be honest, with the exception of Dany and Arya, I find it extremely hard to tell the women apart here..

Nearly all of them look like the same person.

Except that, very nice. I like them.

erttheking:
To be honest I actually have a hard time telling who's who with half of these pictures.

It actually kinda gives off a heavy Grand Theft Auto vibe.

Which now that I think about it, GTA set in the 90's with Game of Thrones cast... =)

Casual Shinji:

erttheking:

Which now that I think about it, GTA set in the 90's with Game of Thrones cast... =)

I demand that Khal Drogo kills someone with that guitar of his. Also, what would be the name of the White Walker gang?

erttheking:
I demand that Khal Drogo kills someone with that guitar of his. Also, what would be the name of the White Walker gang?

White Walker Gang already sounds cool enough.

I also demand Theon to channel Pauly Shore.

It's actually kind of Old, i saw thouse months ago... I,m just saying thouse pics are running arond since a while in the meme websites...
Edit: well there is actually a few i didnt see before in thouse

Steven Bogos:
It is not set in the 90s, where people wore horrendous clothes and fought with terrible fashion sense.

Hey! I resent that remark! And only 3 or maybe four of those outfits, at the very most, could be considered crimes against humanity.

Bran Xavier, completely fitting. I couldn't help humming the old TAS theme when I saw that one.

Casual Shinji:
Oh my god, Theon with the hotdog... Fucking priceless!

Pretty awesome how they captured the characteristics while still remaining very 90's.

Agreed. I can't decide what takes second place for me.. I'm torn between Sansa and her Backstreet Boys, Brienne the jock and wannabe gangsta Joff with his Nintendo zapper.

Only a few months old.

Still great though.

And this would be the opening credits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fPgIIB67bw

That white walker with the popsicle is a riot

erttheking:

Yeah, same. Then again, I gave up on the show halfway through season one, so if any of them were introduced after that I won't know them for obvious reasons :-P

I got more of an 80s vibe with a few of those, especially Jaime and Cersei.

Theon is giving off a bit of a pedo-vibe here. . .

Tyrion Lannister dressed like Eazy-E.

Okay, I'm sold.

*sees Theon Greyjoy*

My sides.

This is really cool, also is anyone else getting a GTA cover-art vibe from this?

Brilliant, especially Theon with his hot dog and Bran with the X-Men t-shirt. Very fitting.

I'm having trouble figuring out who the girl with the skull t and checked shirt is meant to be. Osha maybe, though I'm pretty sure she has black hair...

Dany with ferrets instead of Iguanas? Come on guys.

Other than that, awesome work.

Akichi Daikashima:

This is really cool, also is anyone else getting a GTA cover-art vibe from this?

Yes, now that you mention it.

These actually look kind of... fucking horrible. The faces and the posture on everyone is all messed up and most of the characters are hardly recognisable.

But yeah kinda bad.

MarsProbe:
I'm having trouble figuring out who the girl with the skull t and checked shirt is meant to be. Osha maybe, though I'm pretty sure she has black hair...

That's the wildling girl, Ygritte. She is introduced in season 2.

Absolutely loved the Brienne one.

...wait, Cersei?!? Jesus, what did they do to you!? They've taken an elegant queen, and turned her into a pirate hooker!

Teoes:

MarsProbe:

That's the wildling girl, Ygritte. She is introduced in season 2.

Duh! It's as clear as day, now that you mention it... Time to hang up my GoT hat...:O

Lovely Mixture:
Dany with ferrets instead of Iguanas? Come on guys.

Other than that, awesome work.

Akichi Daikashima:

Yes, now that you mention it.

Someone already did that.

And it is fucking awesome(I wish that such a game would exist, but I have no idea how it would work)

Not only awesome, but believable as well! Though I question Cersei's haircut a little. But then, she's supposed to be the fading beauty, and the glorious Eighties have all but vanished...

Also, I'd love to see a GTA made from this. Tywin as Chief of Police? What more could I ask for?

Casual Shinji:

erttheking:

I was thinking the exact same thing; that would be the best GTA game ever. But which character would we play as?
I'm thinking either Arya or the Imp. Probably Arya would be the most interesting: start out wealthy, lose everything, and become obsessed with revenge. That's pretty GTA right there.

Hah, John's a Nirvana fan. I always knew there was a reason I liked him.

And Arya. Is Arya ever not awesome?

I can apreciate Mike Wrobel art technique but I effin hated these 90's portraits :@

Grand Theft Auto is very close to a modern-day Game of Thrones, now that I think of it. I like these pictures, especially Arya. The graffiti is a nice touch.

Robb is a total haus. I also dig the Miami Vice look for Jaime. Oh and the Chav Joffrey is rofl.

Joffrey with the nintendo gun is absolutely priceless. Amazing artwork.

Theon with the hot dog.
OH MY GOSH, WHY!!! YOU PEOPLE, JUST WHY!!! XD

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)