Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition Unveiled

Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition Unveiled

Batman Arkham Origins Collector's Edition

Fans of the Bat can pick up the Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition for $119.99 when the game launches.

October should be a good month for fans of the Batman. In addition to Halloween, ever the perfect excuse to don your finest Bat-ware, the end of the month will also be playing host to the release of Batman: Arkham Origins, the latest game in the ongoing Arkham series. Now, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has unveiled a new special edition version of the game that's likely to spark the interest of many a fan of the Dark Knight.

The Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition, in addition to the game itself, will contain a smorgasbord of collectibles and extra content. Fans who buy the Collector's Edition will find themselves privy to the following goodies:

• Exclusive statue of the Joker.
  • Reproductions of evidence from the Gotham crime lab.
  • Batman wanted poster.
  • Batwing prototype schematic.
  • Anarky stencil.
  • Glow-in-the-dark map of Gotham City.
  • Wayne family photo.
  • Intel dossier including Black Mask's contract and info on the eight assassin's hunting Batman.
  • 1st Appearance Skin: A special skin that will transform Batman's costume into the same one he wore in Detective Comics #27.
  • Deathstroke Challenge Pack: Challenge maps where you'll get to play as Deathstroke.
  • Necessary Evil-Super-Villains of DC Comics: A documentary on DC Comics villains narrated by Christopher Lee (Not available in Australia/New Zealand)
  • Knightfall content pack. (PS3 Only)
  • Overall, it's a pretty decent assortment of Bat-swag, something reflected by its price. Gamers hoping to pick up the Collector's Edition will have to fork over $119.99, roughly double what the game costs by itself. The Collector's Edition will become available for PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 25th.

I would be interested to look through all that stuff. But not enough to buy it though.

I'd be happy with the documentary by Christopher Lee. No interest in statues and other paper BS they bundle in these things. Also no love for Wii U owners once again.

As much as I respect the Joker as Batman's arch nemesis, don't you think Black Mask would've fit better as the statue? He is[1] the main villain of the game. I'm getting really tired of seeing Joker plastered absolutely everywhere. Give Black Mask something better, like a replica of his mask. I'd buy the hell out of that.

[1] was?

So they've decided to ignore the main villain and instead go with the Joker instead? Maybe this is a goof and Joker will end up being the big-bad in the game after all, but we aren't supposed to know? They could have done something new but stuck with something 'safe'. It could have been worse I suppose, there could have been yet another Batman statue.

I was kinda dead set on getting this earlier. But now.............. Ehhh maybe I'll wait til the prize drops. I mean I am glad they decided to put something interesting in there contrary the arkham city collectors edition. But this seem like a little too much for my wallet

AgentLampshade:
    As much as I respect the Joker as Batman's arch nemesis, don't you think Black Mask would've fit better as the statue? He is[1] the main villain of the game. I'm getting really tired of seeing Joker plastered absolutely everywhere. Give Black Mask something better, like a replica of his mask. I'd buy the hell out of that.

This so badly. Joke is...well, if you've played the last games, you know what. Just because he's appearing in flashbacks in this game doesn't require him to be the main focus. I was seriously hoping this would be a game that finally didn't focus on any of the "main" Batman villains, but between this and Joker being one of the gang leaders in the multiplayer I'm seriously beginning to lose hope.

[1] was?

I'm curious what the "Knightfall" content is...

AgentLampshade:
    As much as I respect the Joker as Batman's arch nemesis, don't you think Black Mask would've fit better as the statue? He is[1] the main villain of the game.

CriticalMiss:
    So they've decided to ignore the main villain and instead go with the Joker instead? Maybe this is a goof and Joker will end up being the big-bad in the game after all, but we aren't supposed to know? They could have done something new but stuck with something 'safe'. It could have been worse I suppose, there could have been yet another Batman statue.

And to everyone else that is complaining about all the focus on the Joker: my guess is that they'll pull an Arkham City with him. He'll be there, be a big part of it, but in the end Hugo Strange was the main villain, not Joker. It'll probably end up being that way with this game. The story is apparently Batman going around fighting crime while 8 assassins are after him. I'd imagine there will be a section where you're going up against The Joker, but he probably won't be the main focus of the story. You'll probably fight him somewhere along the way, but in the end you'll have the big fight against Black Mask that everyone's wanting.

Obviously I could be wrong about this, but it's just my theory.

Annnnnd yeah, I know that doesn't forgive the fact that they made a Joker statue instead of something Black Mask related, just saying I doubt this'll be a Joker-centric game.

[1] was?

Yet another Collector's Edition of a game I'm probably going to buy anyway... That temps me with what it has while simultaneously showcasing stuff I never would have cared for individually...

The question still remains... Do I get this... or just wait for the GOTY Edition that would include the stuff that might peak my interest during that time?

In the mortal words of Patrick: "It would seem we have reached an impasse..."

Just PS3 and X-Box 360? It would be nice if they put out a collector's edition for the PC as well.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
    With Facebook:Login With Facebook
    or
    Username:  
    Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
    Register With Facebook
    Register With Facebook
    or
    Register for a free account here