Save $10 On Recent Atlus 3DS Games

Save $10 On Recent Atlus 3DS Games

Etrian Odyssey IV promotional artwork

Atlus has announced a new sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop that cuts $10 from the price of three of its recent games.

If you know only one thing about publisher Atlus, it should be that the company has made its fortune by delivering quirky Japanese games to the West that very few of us would otherwise see. If you know two things however, the second should be that Atlus, more than any company save Nintendo, has been releasing some of the finest games available for the 3DS handheld. Now, thanks to a new promotional effort, the company is making three of those games even more enticing.

From now until August 31, you can visit the 3DS eShop and buy Code Of Princess, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers and Etrian Odyssey IV for $10 less than their standard retail price points. That puts Code Of Princess at $20, while Etrian Odyssey IV and Soul Hackers are both now $30.

Are there caveats? Well yes. Like I said, the sale ends on August 31 and since these prices are only applicable to the eShop version of these games, you'll need to have ample free space on your 3DS' memory card to store the titles. Otherwise though, you can view this as a generous price cut on three quality games, each of which can very easily suck up dozens (or in the case of Etrian Odyssey IV, hundreds) of hours of your life.

I will warn those of you who have never played an Atlus game previously to try the eShop demos for these titles before you purchase them. They're fantastic titles, and I personally like each one, but they aren't really like anything else. You've been warned.

MODSBANNIT I'M NOT DONE WITH ETRIAN ODDYSSEY 3 YET! In fact, I only just STARTED it!

I was gonna wait until I was done that one before getting number 4, but....GAAAAAHHH! *curls up on the floor muttering to himself*

I recommend all of those, especially now that they are cheaper, I already have all of them.

Atlus putting 3DS games on sale.

Vita games still priced the same.

omgNinendoisbuyingAtlusconfirmedarglebarglepersona5exclusivefor3DS!!!!!!!!

What the heck is Code Of Princess? I saw it in the eShop the other day on the best selling list. I've played a few Atlus games but never heard of this one.

Fappy:
What the heck is Code Of Princess? I saw it in the eShop the other day on the best selling list. I've played a few Atlus games but never heard of this one.

Think Dragon's Crown, but on the 3DS.

OT: I've never really been into Atlus games, to be honest. Devil Survivor 2 and Persona 4 is about the extent of my knowledge, and although they're both really good, I'm not all that interested in anything else. I'll pass.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

...I know you're joking but why on the 3DS? Wouldn't the WiiU be better, especially since the mobs of players would essentially bring the sales up like crazy?

OT: So...um, which of those three would you recommend then, because I have enough money for one now and I can't decide...

Aw, man, I just bought Etrian Odyssey last month.

Code Of Princess might be fun, though.

xaszatm:

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

...I know you're joking but why on the 3DS? Wouldn't the WiiU be better, especially since the mobs of players would essentially bring the sales up like crazy?

Well, if this joke were to follow through and Nintendo were to buy Atlus, I could see Persona 5 being a 3DS game. Remember, Atlus doesn't have all that much more experience at HD development than Nintendo, and a Wii U Persona 5 would be expensive. A 3DS Persona 5 would allow them to make an expansive RPG while still keeping the development budget in check by keeping graphics on the down low, a la SMT IV.

But hey, it's all conjecture at this point. We still don't know who's buying Atlus yet.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

xaszatm:

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

Well, if this joke were to follow through and Nintendo were to buy Atlus, I could see Persona 5 being a 3DS game. Remember, Atlus doesn't have all that much more experience at HD development than Nintendo, and a Wii U Persona 5 would be expensive. A 3DS Persona 5 would allow them to make an expansive RPG while still keeping the development budget in check by keeping graphics on the down low, a la SMT IV.

But hey, it's all conjecture at this point. We still don't know who's buying Atlus yet.

They've already been developing Persona 5 for a few years now in the Catherine engine (modified Gamebryo engine), so I don't expect to see Persona 5 on the 3DS anytime soon. I like my 3DS well enough (SMT IV is the shit), but I'd prefer to see Persona 5 on an HD console.

And here in the UK I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting for Etrian Odyssey to come out, not fair I say, not fair at all.

Fappy:

They've already been developing Persona 5 for a few years now in the Catherine engine (modified Gamebryo engine), so I don't expect to see Persona 5 on the 3DS anytime soon. I like my 3DS well enough (SMT IV is the shit), but I'd prefer to see Persona 5 on an HD console.

I know Persona 5 has been in development for awhile, but did they confirm it was being made in Gamebryo or is that just conjecture? Atlus seems to have Nintendo's mindset in that they prefer to take things slower and not try to force themselves to develop for HD systems despite not having the resources for them.

Hrm.. I already got soul hackers and Etrian Odyssey though.. haven't really gotten started on either sense my mobile time has been slotted up for now to eternity working through my Psp back log of well.. other atlus titles.. (p3p and p2.. mostly..) as well as some time on SMT 4... Damn it atlus stop stealing all my mobile time!

least I'll be able to pry myself away for a few days soon to blast my way through Xcom and Saints Row 4.. but then.. hrm.. right back into this atlus dug hole. Gotta work on Devil survivor overclocked. keep getting side tracked when I start getting rolling on that one too..

So much Atlus so little time in my life...

s Code of Princess good? The gameplay looks pretty shit to me. It was supposed to be inspired by Guardian Heroes, which is one of my most loved games of all time, but it seems to lack all of the fluidity and clean animation.

I already have Etrian and I'm not interested in Devil Summoner.

i was going to get etrian but it doesn't like my cibc debit visa card and i'm not going to buy a prepaid thing when i only need 1.49

Thanks a lot Escapist, now i am 50 dollars poorer.

The games are very good though

Dammit! I hate living in Europe when it comes to Atlus games, we're lucky to even get half of the titles these guys bring out and even when we do it's with an average wait of 2 years or so. I really don't understand why Atlus has so much trouble finding a European publisher when they make such great games.

Soul Hackers is up for 30 dollars plus change on Amazon. I'd much rather have a physical copy anyways.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here