Game of Thrones Rap Sums Up Australia's 2013 Election

Game of Thrones Rap Sums Up Australia's 2013 Election

Guest starring the actual Julian Assange as Julian Assange, belting out his own rendition of John Farnham's You're The Voice.

Politics is boring. You know what isn't boring? Game of Thrones and rapping. The over at Juice Rap News have put two and two together, and provided a summary of the 2013 Australian Election in the form of a Game of Thrones-styled rap. The video sums up the policies of our three major players, Kevin Rudd (KRUDD), Julia Gillard (The Red Woman) and Tony Abbott (Mr. Sex Appeal), with plenty of Game of Thrones references peppered throughout.

If that doesn't sound insane enough, the video guest stars the actual Julian Assange (who is running for senate candidacy in this year's election) as he belts out his message in the form of a rendition of John Farnham's classic rock anthem: You're the Voice.

I have to give the video credit for not being overly biased either way, both the Liberal and the Labor party are fairly represented... with equal amounts of stupidity. Anyone who's been following Australian politics will laugh out loud at the absurd parodies of equally absurd policies.

But the real shining star of this video is Assange himself. Foreign correspondent "Ken Oathcarn" travels to the Ecuadorian embassy in London to hear the founder of Wikileak's vision for the Australian people. Ken even helps Assange out, by giving him a "mullet-makeover" that should appeal more to the Australian public.

I'm dying here. This is why we have the internet. This may be the single best YouTube video I've watched all year.

Source: Juice Rap News via Kotaku Australia

HAHAHAHA That's bloody Brilliant mate-that right on the nose that is.
I had rip rottle of a good laugh with me and my mates did seeing that video keep it up!
I definitely voting for Julian thats for sure :D

Good job impersonating Rudd, not so much with Gillard.

Also the Carbon Tax thing wasn't a lie as such, she couldn't form a government just with her own party, got stuck with the Greens and had no choice about it.

... That's Julian assange... Miming to a satirical soft rock ballad. Now that is a odd thing to view over my breakfast.

Steven Bogos:

Politics is boring.

I sincerrely disagree. Politics is the best tragicomedy ever made on earth and the best thing is you can join at any time and laugh to your hearts content.

Oooooooookay.

That was amazing.

Julian Assange. Singing Farnham.

With a mullet.

i am dead
this has killed me

Ask yourself this.
How many political candidates has your country had, who ever had an ACTUAL chance of enrolling in the senate have participated in a rap video and worn a mullet?

EDIT: And also lip synced John Farnham.

That was pretty good. But there wasnt enough representation of the Greens! The only party with morals!

Gavmando:
That was pretty good. But there wasnt enough representation of the Greens! The only party with morals!

Morals yes.. agreeable morals? That is debatable...

So many morals that half of them conflict with each other.. definitely lol

That was the most interesting thing to come out of Australia politics in years thatnks that I am laughing my ass off

I checked out some more videos on their channel; all in all pretty good, and they raise very solid points on a lot of arguments.

This was spot on brilliant, just brilliant.

CpT_x_Killsteal:
Ask yourself this.
How many political candidates has your country had, who ever had an ACTUAL chance of enrolling in the senate have participated in a rap video and worn a mullet?

EDIT: And also lip synced John Farnham.

Actually Assange does have a good chance of getting in. See: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/04/23/assange_poll/

Julian Assange's bid for a seat in Australia's Senate may not be just a stunt, with a new poll revealing 26 per cent of Australians consider themselves "likely" to vote for the Leaker-In-Chief.

Just for fun here are some more videos for Australias elections

Another game of thrones one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFOU1F5Cmpg

And a canberra bands one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7BTKTOwLE

It's not as quite to Epic Rap Battle tier but yet again who is? Either way that was great and entertaining to listen to!

How long does it take to earn citizenship in Australia? I feel like I need to vote.

How... ..what... ..bu... ..well crap, Australia is now producing some of the worlds best political comedy-cometry.

God damn it, we need Spitting Image back to get back in the game.

After witnessing that, I might just have to move to Australia & get citizenship just so I can vote for Assange

Strazdas:

Steven Bogos:

Politics is boring.

I sincerrely disagree. Politics is the best tragicomedy ever made on earth and the best thing is you can join at any time and laugh to your hearts content.

Until you realize these characters are deciding large portions of your life and social policies. Then you just silently cry yourself to sleep in the hope one day the 95% of gullible idiots finally wakes up and stops voting the same morons into office.

Vhite:
How long does it take to earn citizenship in Australia? I feel like I need to vote.

If you come by plane, probably a couple of years.

If you come by boat, a couple of decades - mostly spent in detention camps.

All hail our glorious compassion.

1337mokro:

Strazdas:

Steven Bogos:

Politics is boring.

Until you realize these characters are deciding large portions of your life and social policies. Then you just silently cry yourself to sleep in the hope one day the 95% of gullible idiots finally wakes up and stops voting the same morons into office.

ANd thats why its tragicomedy. people allow themselves to be messed over by people they themself elect. there is nothing more fun to watch than people suffering from their own mistakes often leadign to innocent peopel suffering. Politics is anything but boring.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here