20% Off Coupon for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

20% Off Coupon for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

If you're not playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn then you're missing out on all the lovely error messages. Just kidding?

Final Fantasy XIV had its fires rekindled today with the launch of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Unfortunately the launch hasn't gotten off to a smooth start, at least for those in North America and Europe. Now that login restrictions are in place, things are slightly easier, as long as you can login and wait through the queue system. Things are looking up though as Square Enix is planning to quickly expand data centers according to official posting on the FFXIV forums.

The MMO is priced at $29.99 on PC and $39.99 for the PS3, but any savvy gamer out there should know there's two solid discounts to be had. The standard edition PC download is marked down to $24 after a 20% coupon at GMG. This same coupon discount also marks down the Digital Collector's Edition from $50 to $40. As for the PS3, one can slash the price to $34.99 after a $5 off at GameStop.

Today also marks the big release of the 25th Madden game, Madden NFL 25. Even while sequel hating is in vogue right now you have to admit, the fact that they've released over two dozen titles shows the franchise has done something right. As a good sign, the Metacritic score is a solid 81/100 rating already. GameStop's online store has two stacking coupon codes that drop Madden NFL 25 to $49.99 and give it free shipping (usually $3.50 shipping at GameStop). Elsewhere you'll pay the full $59.99 retail price for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. If you're chomping at the bit for Madden 25 but also want to buy on the next gen console, both GameStop and Amazon have interesting offers for the Xbox ONE, where if you buy the Xbox 360 version you can 'upgrade' to the Xbox ONE for only $9.99 extra.

If you've been waiting for a bargain on BioShock Infinite Steam key, the game is only $16 for a limited time thanks to a coupon + instant savings combo. Earlier this month the retail MSRP dropped from $59.99 to $39.99, but starting today GMG gave it a limited time 50% price break down to $19.99. Add in GMG's 20% off coupon code and the price falls to $16 - the lowest price ever by $7.50 since its March 26th release date. The deal will expire on August 29, 11AM ET.

Hot Deal of the Week

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PC Download) - $24 at Green Man Gaming.

The Digital Collector's Edition is $40. Both deal expires August 30th. Coupon GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB takes 20% off and will work on the EU/UK version too. The standard edition gets marked down from 19.99 to 16 and the Collector's Edition is marked down from 34.99 to 28. In the EU the standard is marked down from 24.99€ to 20€ and the CE from 39.99€ to 32€.

Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360, PS3) - $49.99 at GameStop.

List is $60. Deal expires September 3. Its launch day for the 25th anniversary edition of Madden NFL, and if you don't mind waiting for shipping, buying from GameStop will save you an easy $10.

BioShock Infinite (PC Download) - $16 at Green Man Gaming.

Next best is $30 at Amazon. Deal expires August 29. Similarly marked down in the UK, yielding a final 12 price tag (vs. the usual 29.99). Elsewhere in the EU, the price is marked down to 20€.

New Super Luigi U (Wii U) - $24.99 at GameStop.

Released last Sunday. List is $30.

Lost Planet 3 (PC Download) - $40 at Green Man Gaming.

List is $50. Deal expires August 30. Capcom's latest installment to the series that's developed by a western developer. Same coupon works in the UK dropping the price from 29.99 to 24. EU price is reduced from 39.99€ to 32€.

Upcoming Releases

Guardians of Middle Earth (PC Download) - $16 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases August 29. List is $20. Deal expires August 30. Price is reduced to 12 in the UK (normally 14.99). Price is recued to 15.20€ elsewhere in the EU (normally 18.99€).

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360) - $59.99 + Xbox LIVE 1600 Points at the Microsoft Store.

Releases September 17. Next best is $60 at Amazon.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ (PC Download) - $8 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases September 25. List is $10. Deal expires August 30. Price is reduced to 6.40 in the UK (normally 7.99). Price is reduced to 8€ elsewhere in the EU (normally 9.99€).

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS) - $35.99 at NewEgg.

Releases November 30. List is $40. Deal expires September 2.

The Sims 4 (PC Download) - $47.99 at GameFly.

Released Early 2014. List is $60. Deal expires August 31. If the few details from Gamescom is enough to get you to buy, pre-order is currently 20% off.

Console Deals

Killer is Dead (Xbox 360, PS3) - $49.99 at GameStop.

List is $60. Deal expires September 3.

Crysis 3 (Pre-owned: Xbox 360, PS3) - $12.99 at GameFly.

Next best is $32 at Amazon.

XCOM Enemy Unknown (Xbox 360) - $14.99 at Microsoft.

Next best is $37 at Rakuten.

PC Downloads

Saints Row IV - $40 at Green Man Gaming.

Released August 20. Next best is $50 at GameFly. Deal expires August 30. Price is reduced to 32 in the UK (normally 39.99). Elsewhere in the EU the price is reduced to 40€ (normally 49.99€).

Castlevania: Lord of the Shadows Ultimate Edition - $24 at Green Man Gaming.

List is $30. Deal expires August 30.

BioShock Infinite: Season Pass (PC DLC) - $13.99 at Green Man Gaming.

Next best is $20 at Amazon. Deal expires August 29. Price is reduced to 11.49 in the UK (normally 15.99). Price is 13.99€ in the EU (normally 19.99€).

Skullgirls - $12 at Green Man Gaming.

Releases August 22. List is $15. Deal expires August 30.

Cities in Motion II - $4 at Green Man Gaming.

Next best is $20 at Amazon. Deal expires August 30.

Rush Bros. - $2.72 at Green Man Gaming.

Next best is $15 at GameFly. Deal expires August 30.

Gaming Hardware

NVIDIA Shield with Tegra 4, 720p, 16GB - $269.99 at NewEgg.

List is $300. Must use V.me by Visa to get the discount (think PayPal but by Visa).

Tritton Warhead 7.1 Dolby Wireless Gaming Headset - $124.99 at Best Buy.

Next best is $231 at Overstock.com.

The weekly "Big Deals on the Internet" is brought to you by the crew from Dealzon. If you want to save money on game deals, check in every Tuesday at 5:30PM Eastern for the latest deals. Feedbacks? Let us know in the comments!

Gotta say, I always look forward to your article on the Escapist. My friends and I'll probably be grabbin' that GTA V deal and I know one of them who wanted to play Bioshock: Infinite.

Oh yeah, and I'll be grabbin' that season pass aswell.

You guys rock, thanks :D

EDIT: XCOM: EU is $15 as well... gotta look for some reviews...

Not a smooth start is an understatement. I'd be cool with a queue of even 2 hours (I've done it before with SWTOR) but the FFXIV:ARR queue system has a bad habit of dropping players and giving them an error message that says the world (server) is full. I have to see that message repeatedly as I make anywhere from 7-10 attempts to even get into a queue, so getting dropped from said queue can be pretty discouraging.

Great game so far, just wish the queue system actually worked. Too bad I didn't know about the deal for 20% off before I bought my copy. =/

dealzon:
If you've been waiting for a bargain on BioShock Infinite Steam key, the game is only $16 for a limited time thanks to a coupon + instant savings combo. Earlier this month the retail MSRP dropped from $59.99 to $39.99, but starting today GMG gave it a limited time 50% price break down to $19.99. Add in GMG's 20% off coupon code and the price falls to $16 - the lowest price ever by $7.50 since its March 26th release date. The deal will expire on August 29, 11AM ET.

Wow, this is a huge fucking disappointment for any Aussies or Kiwis that go on the site. They're still trying to charge $79.95 for Bioshock Infinite before the discount while other people pay $39.99 (what it's on sale for now here). How does this bullshit continue?! I was hoping I could have picked it up for a bargain so I could also get the season pass but this is a joke.

Sheo_Dagana:
Not a smooth start is an understatement. I'd be cool with a queue of even 2 hours (I've done it before with SWTOR) but the FFXIV:ARR queue system has a bad habit of dropping players and giving them an error message that says the world (server) is full. I have to see that message repeatedly as I make anywhere from 7-10 attempts to even get into a queue, so getting dropped from said queue can be pretty discouraging.

Great game so far, just wish the queue system actually worked. Too bad I didn't know about the deal for 20% off before I bought my copy. =/

I played a bit of Early Access and lemme tell you, the Duty Server connections were outright horrid. My first experience came when I went to Lifemend Stump and tried to activate my first Duty Instance. Everyone who was there was frozen and couldn't log out normally. They all stood there and when I tried to activate it, so was I.

Lemme say that when you're the only Lalafell (midget in FF14: ARR speak) amongst Elves, Humans and that other giant race, things start to get VERY awkward, VERY quickly.

Played a bit of ARR during the Open Beta and some of those server issues were downright annoying. I enjoyed the gameplay so I personally still plan on purchasing it but hopefully some of those issues will be cleared up eventually.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here