Valve Greenlights 100 New Titles

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Steam Greenlight Large Logo

Valve says it's time to stress-test its developer tools and systems, so it's given the greenlight to a whopping 100 new titles on Steam.

Until now, Valve has handed out Steam Greenlights in small batches - a few here, a dozen there, that sort of thing. But today that's all out the window. Today, it gave the Greenlight to 100 new titles, all at once.

"This latest milestone is both a celebration of the progress we've made behind the scenes and a stress test of our systems," Valve said in the announcement. "Future batches are not likely to be as large, but if everything goes smoothly we should be able to continue increasing the throughput of games from Greenlight to the Steam store."

And now, the list:

• 1953 - KGB Unlimited
  • 8BitMMO
  • A Walk in the Dark
  • Against the Wall
  • Armikrog
  • Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator
  • Automation: The Car Company Tycoon Game
  • Battle Nations
  • Black Annex
  • Blockland
  • Bloody Trapland
  • Bridge Constructor
  • Bridge It
  • Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
  • Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
  • Chroma Squad
  • City Car Driving
  • Constant C
  • Cook, Serve, Delicious!
  • Craft the World
  • Crayola Art Studio
  • Croixleur
  • C-Wars: Roguelike Pixel Art PC Game
  • Damned: A Randomized Online Competitive/Cooperative Horror Game
  • Darkout
  • Dead Cyborg
  • Delver
  • Delver's Drop
  • Depth Hunter
  • Dino Run SE
  • Dominions 3: The Awakening
  • Doorways
  • Draw a Stickman: EPIC
  • Dungeon Dashers
  • Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos
  • Eleusis
  • Escape Goat
  • Exoplanet: First Contact
  • Flightless
  • FORCED
  • Forge Quest
  • Freedom Planet
  • Galactic Arms Race
  • Gravi
  • Gray Matter
  • Guise of the Wolf
  • Hoodwink
  • Iesabel
  • InFlux
  • Kainy
  • Kingdoms Rise
  • Knock-Knock
  • Knytt Underground
  • Legend of Iya
  • Legend of the Knightwasher
  • Legends of Aethereus
  • Megabyte Punch
  • Melody's Escape
  • Mortal Online: The Awakening
  • MovieWriterPro
  • Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Mutant Mudds
  • NEO Scavenger
  • NEStalgia
  • Omegalodon
  • Oniken
  • Paranautical Activity
  • Poker Smash
  • POOL NATION Featuring Box of Tricks
  • Project Black Sun
  • ProjectNimbus
  • Rawbots
  • Ray's the Dead - Create and Control Your Own Zombie Army!
  • Rebirth
  • Reprisal
  • Risk of Rain
  • Road Redemption
  • RUNNING WITH RIFLES
  • Salvation Prophecy: A Military Space Epic
  • Shadow of the Eternals
  • Shantae: Risky's Revenge
  • Signal Ops
  • Signs of Life
  • Silent Storm
  • Son of Nor
  • Songs2See Ultimate
  • Soul Saga
  • Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
  • Survive
  • sZone-Online
  • Talisman Digital Edition
  • Teslagrad
  • The Cat Lady
  • The Impossible Game
  • The Last Phoenix
  • The Plan
  • Toribash
  • Underrail
  • WARMACHINE: Tactics
  • Zafehouse: Diaries

Whew! That's a lot of stuff. I recognize a few of the names in the list, like Escape Goat, The Plan and A Walk in the Dark - good games all - while some of the others barely qualify even as just working titles. But the important thing is that if this massive wave of green lights doesn't bring the system to its knees, we should see a lot more quality stuff appearing on Steam in the future. That's good news for indie game devs, and good for gamers, too.

Source: Steam

Just saw this on Steam.

What a mess.

They finally gave Paranautical Activity the go ahead, eh? Still, I bet nothing's really changed in terms of their arcane approval system.

I'm really looking forward to Freedom Planet. It's like a cross between old-school Sonic and Rocket Knight Adventures. THe demo suggests it might possibly my favourite indie platformer ever, when it comes out.

Shadow of the Eternals. I didn't trust them with crowdfunding, but I voted for the game on Steam.

Then shot down 5 other titles.

Armikrog, Bridge It, Freedom Planet, Paranautical Activity, Running With Rifles, Shantae, Signal Ops, and Super Amazing Wagon Adventure finally got Greenlit?

... yaaay! Seriously, this is probably one of the better batches of Greenlit games so far, so consider me happy about this one.

Hmm, this can only be good news really. I don't really know of any of the games on there though - Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land sounds familiar for some reason, and I am a sucker for Cthulhu games so I might give that a try though. But yeah, none of those names sound familiar...

Andy Chalk:

• Escape Goat
  • You what? I had no idea I shared a name with a game. I feel compelled to buy this now and see what it's like.

I like how several of the games begin with "Legend(s) of [blank]."
    Some really creative titling there.

I'm glad Chroma Squad made it in! It was the first game I ever backed on Kickstarter!

Sam Lowry:
    What a mess.

How so?

EscapeGoat:
    You what? I had no idea I shared a name with a game. I feel compelled to buy this now and see what it's like.

Really? I just assumed you were a big fan, if not connected to it somehow. It's a really good puzzle-platformer, retro styled and very tough. More info here: http://www.gamezebo.com/games/escape-goat/review - and a sequel is in the works!

Andy Chalk:

• Hell yes, those guys have been sticking this out since the beginning of Greenlight!

What? I'm a car nerd with a penchant for designing my own cars and running a car company, sue me.

Artemis? ARTEMIS. If you've ever wanted to play someone on the bridge of the Enterprise, this is the game to get. Everyone gets a part to play and everyone's part matters.

Definitely going to need some voice chat assistance, though.

Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils
    Salvation Prophecy: A Military Space Epic
    Shadow of the Eternals
    Shantae: Risky's Revenge

YESSSSSSSSS. Been waiting on those 4 for a long time, and there are a few others that look like fun. On the other hand I don't recognize a fair portion of the other names on this list, and given that a fairly large portion of every batch tends to consist of over-glorified flash games, indie wank, zombie games, and Amnesia knock offs, I don't really care.

Legend of Iya

One of the only games I backed through Kickstarter. It reached it's goal by a nose. Now it's being released on Steam? Oh happy days. It's a Metroidvania with Secret of Mana esque art style.

Yes, that is a elephant with gatling guns for tusks at 1:50.

Shadow of the Eternals, lol, some poor guy lost his place to that game.

Either way some look very lackluster and way to ambitious (the kind that never gets released) but since the vote was made by the community lets see.

Sam Lowry:
    Just saw this on Steam.

What a mess.

Exactly! I wasn't for their previous position of selecting a few every month but this is just over-saturation and they know it

It's about time Gray Matter got on Steam. That game has been out for ages.

Excited for Silent Storm. Artemis sounds interesting as well. And I'm always down for a well done tycoon game, so Automation may be right up my alley.

Croixleur and Shantae, aw hell yeah!

Also, Multimedia Fusion 2? Really? Does anybody even uses that anymore?

Freedom planet got greenlit?
    Yes, I wanted this to be greenlit since it appeared.

About time Shantae got Greenlit. It's been on the top voted list for ages.

RaikuFA:
    Legend of Iya

One of the only games I backed through Kickstarter. It reached it's goal by a nose. Now it's being released on Steam? Oh happy days. It's a Metroidvania with Secret of Mana esque art style.

... How have I not heard of this before? Barring something extreme, this is a day one purchase for me.

Sweet, Escape Goat got Greenlit!
    Still no Full Bore or Assault Android Cactus, though.

major_chaos:

RaikuFA:
    Legend of Iya

... How have I not heard of this before? Barring something extreme, this is a day one purchase for me.

Makes it even more awesome that it's all from one guy. There's also a demo out.

Some very nice looking titles on that list. My personal favourite from what I've seen so far has to be Delver's Drop. Ir's going to be a happy day when that actually gets released. :)

I do find it sad that getting on Steam is pretty much a requirement for success as a PC developer, and the GreenLight system is broken garbage, but that doesn't mean no good comes out of it.

Vie:

Andy Chalk:

• Hell yes, those guys have been sticking this out since the beginning of Greenlight!

What? I'm a car nerd with a penchant for designing my own cars and running a car company, sue me.

Seems like I'm not the only fan of the game on here :P

It is a pretty fun game to mess around with and it's good to see it finally greenlighted (greenlit? i dunno lol). If you're a fan of cars I suggest you check it out.

Oh, hey, Flightless. Glad to see that one.

Otherwise, can't say I've heard of a lot of these, but it might be worth checking out.

And always remember children: Nothing can be as bad as Xbox Live Indie Games

Andy Chalk:

Sam Lowry:
    What a mess.

How so?

Maybe due to the fact that the majority of games of each Greenlight batch have yet to be on Steam even though most of them are done.

This is good news but Steam and the developers still have major issue with releasing the games after they've been Greenlit/

ScrabbitRabbit:
    I'm really looking forward to Freedom Planet. It's like a cross between old-school Sonic and Rocket Knight Adventures. THe demo suggests it might possibly my favourite indie platformer ever, when it comes out.

Yeah, I'm glad that one got the go ahead. The demo was pretty fun, though I hope they'll be able to fix some of the more sticky control issues.

That and Shantae are the only ones I recognized that I cared about, though. Sad that Cloudbuilt didn't show up, I saw that the other day and it looks gorram glorious.

Paranautical Activity
    Megabyte Punch
    Toribash
    Teslagrad

Awesome.

Shadow of the Immortals?
    Why Greenlight a game that's failed its Kickstarter twice?

Ah well, guess you can't get it right all of the time.

shrekfan246:

That and Shantae are the only ones I recognized that I cared about, though. Sad that Cloudbuilt didn't show up, I saw that the other day and it looks gorram glorious.

How have I not heard of this? It looks amazing!

Andy Chalk:

• Black Annex
  • Man, so fucking happy this got Greenlit. Been waiting for that one to get through for a while.

Armikrog
    Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator
    C-Wars
    Darkout
    Freedom Planet
    Shantae
    Melody's Escape

Yay!

Glad to see there's good news at last for Renegade Kid, Mutant Mudds should've been in the first batch Greenlit last year.

Filiecs:
    Sweet, Escape Goat got Greenlit!
    Still no Full Bore or Assault Android Cactus, though.

Assault Android Cactus is on Steam through Early Access.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250110/

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
    With Facebook:Login With Facebook
    or
    Username:  
    Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
    Register With Facebook
    Register With Facebook
    or