Valve Greenlights 100 New Titles

Pages PREV 1 2

Glad to see Toribash got greenlit, don't really care for any of the others.

AzrealMaximillion:

Andy Chalk:

Sam Lowry:
What a mess.

How so?

Maybe due to the fact that the majority of games of each Greenlight batch have yet to be on Steam even though most of them are done.

This is good news but Steam and the developers still have major issue with releasing the games after they've been Greenlit/

The ratio of unreleased greenlights against actual releases to was less than 2 to 1 before the 100 dropped.

Part of the reason for all those unreleased games is due to Kickstarter. I know of at least 6 games that received enough votes to pass Greenlight despite the Kickstarter in question still running. And there is one game (Death Inc) whose kickstarter failed but was greenlit anyway.

Yes Greenlight is a pretty crap way of choosing games, but don't blame Devs who want a confirmed slot on Steam before taking the plunge.

I just noticed that Gray Matter's publisher DTP Entertainment filed for bankruptcy a while ago and another of their games (Venetica) has been greenlit for months now and still isn't on Steam.

So they manage to get two games Greenlit and the games may never be on Steam when there must be people tearing their hair out hoping to get their beloved creations greenlit.

Good that Warmachine: Tactics got Greenlight, really looking forward to that one having backed the Kickstarter.

Ed130:

AzrealMaximillion:

Andy Chalk:

How so?

Maybe due to the fact that the majority of games of each Greenlight batch have yet to be on Steam even though most of them are done.

This is good news but Steam and the developers still have major issue with releasing the games after they've been Greenlit/

The ratio of unreleased greenlights against actual releases to was less than 2 to 1 before the 100 dropped.

Part of the reason for all those unreleased games is due to Kickstarter. I know of at least 6 games that received enough votes to pass Greenlight despite the Kickstarter in question still running. And there is one game (Death Inc) whose kickstarter failed but was greenlit anyway.

Yes Greenlight is a pretty crap way of choosing games, but don't blame Devs who want a confirmed slot on Steam before taking the plunge.

That's why I said Valve and the developers have issues. Most times its Valve choosing to Greenlight games that have already failed their Kickstarter (Project Awakened, Shadows of the Immortals), Valve choosing to Greenlight games that are done and then dragging their feet with an actual release, or very few times its the developers taking a stupidly long time to fix up their game after they've told people that it was finished.

Valve actually wants to "stress-test" something? From what I've seen, I think it'd be safer to assume any given Steam feature would fail a stress test and at least double its capacity before even trying anything.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here