PAX 2013: Cosplay Gallery - Day 2

PAX 2013: Cosplay Gallery - Day 2

Check out the great cosplay we saw during our second day at PAX 2013!

A lot of cleavage going on over there. I guess I can understand the whole 'booth babe' controversy now. It's not that I'm complaining, cleavage is just fine with me, but I preferred Liara to Samara. And if I was a woman, I would cosplay as Faith in a heartbeat.

My favorites were Pyramid Head and that cute little Spartan who couldn't be more than ten years old.

s0osleepie:
Where's my caffeine...?

The link to the PAX 2013: Cosplay Gallery 1 leads to a 404 Error page. Did somebody delete it because of one of the Cosplayer's outfits? O.O

EDIT: Who was the girl with the huge lollipop and the chocolate shield supposed to be? The sight of all of that candy gave me a case of the munchies.

I get that feeling that I should recognize way more of these characters than I actually do...

Wait what? How come the Bobba Fet cosplayer has a rebel alliance emblem on his armor. I mean I'm not that familiar with the EU, but I'm pretty sure he was allied with the Empire. Did someone outbid them?

Also awwwwwwww, look at the little Master Chief.

Copper Zen:
My favorites were Pyramid Head and that cute little Spartan who couldn't be more than ten years old.

s0osleepie:
Where's my caffeine...?

The link to the PAX 2013: Cosplay Gallery 1 leads to a 404 Error page. Did somebody delete it because of one of the Cosplayer's outfits? O.O

EDIT: Who was the girl with the huge lollipop and the chocolate shield supposed to be? The sight of all of that candy gave me a case of the munchies.

Lollipoppy, it's a LoL skin for Poppy. The original's not quite so... cute.

But yeah, tons of League, Bioshock, and Mass Effect cosplay being shown.

Also, Ert, all Mandalorian armor looks fairly similar, what differentiates them is the color schemes. That one wasn't Boba due to the fact the paint job was different.

I felt a bit of a league bias here? Not that I'm complaining or anything...

Copper Zen:

s0osleepie:
Where's my caffeine...?

Woops! Should be fixed now! It has been a VERY long day. Thanks for the heads up! ;)

erttheking:

Squeeeee! He was my favorite and totally made my day when I saw him!!

MrMixelPixel:
I felt a bit of a league bias here? Not that I'm complaining or anything...

Not from me at least. LoL cosplay seemed to dominate the floor on Saturday when I was there.

Daaaah Whoosh:
A lot of cleavage going on over there. I guess I can understand the whole 'booth babe' controversy now. It's not that I'm complaining, cleavage is just fine with me, but I preferred Liara to Samara. And if I was a woman, I would cosplay as Faith in a heartbeat.

'Booth Babes' are a different issue - they're people paid to model for product to attract attention to it. This is cosplay, where people dress up as whoever they feel like. There's nothing wrong with the latter apart from the creeps around them.

Lady Deadpool meets Pyramid head, that's a comic I'd pay for.

The Spartan kid's probably got hardcore gamer parents.

Daaaah Whoosh:

There is a completely topless male Kreig in there, and you want to complain about a bit of cleavage?

People just moan about it more when it's women. Even when men are running around doing the same thing.

Angelous Wang:
Lady Deadpool meets Pyramid head, that's a comic I'd pay for.

The Spartan kid's probably got hardcore gamer parents.

Daaaah Whoosh:

There is a completely topless male Kreig in there, and you want to complain about a bit of cleavage?

People just moan about it more when it's women. Even when men are running around doing the same thing.

QFT

OT: I now know how im going to dress my son on halo-ween :D

Yeah! The Krieg one was awesome! Having abdominal muscle of some degree really helps, and the helmet and gauntlet design was very good! I'd praise Moxxi and Lilith, too, but there's far too many of those two floating about, I haven't gotten bored of seeing Krieg yet.

Everything else, whether I know 'em or not, pretty cool. The little sister later on wasn't getting very into character, though...then again, it must have been awkward...

erttheking:
Wait what? How come the Bobba Fet cosplayer has a rebel alliance emblem on his armor. I mean I'm not that familiar with the EU, but I'm pretty sure he was allied with the Empire. Did someone outbid them?

That's a Mando'ade, just a regular Mandalorian, who owes allegiance to whomever he sees fit. It ain't the Fett.

Does anyone know what the two people in #7 are? Cause the guy on the left is hilarious and I want to know who he's supposed to be.

Queen Michael:
I get that feeling that I should recognize way more of these characters than I actually do...

Tell me about it. I'd hate to actually go to these events because I barely recognise any of the cosplay. It doesn't help that I'm a female gamer. Fake gamers, ho!

Voulan:

Queen Michael:

Tell me about it. I'd hate to actually go to these events because I barely recognise any of the cosplay. It doesn't help that I'm a female gamer. Fake gamers, ho!

If you don't recognize every character in the gallery, you aren't a real gamer, maaaaaaaaan.

OT: I liked the feel of this gallery. Not to be the slightest bit dismissive, the cosplay seemed more "on a budget," carrying that real home made vibe. But it was all still really good looking and well made. I much prefer that to some of the super refined and expensive looking getups you see around.

A thumbs up to all involved.

Almost entirely certain I know that Moxxi.

Awaiting confirmation...

On a related note, that is a pretty damn good Krieg.

I have to say, that Samara is phenomenal. The Legion next to her is very good too, those hoses take work...

Wearing a Turian mask makes you look like a Kaleesh.

Those Legion and Samara cosplays were AWESOME. Probably my favorites out of today's showcase.

And on a sidenote, I loved that Alisa cosplay. Complete with her robotic wings and everything. =P

Nothing as good as FemJace from Day 1, but if I had to pick a winner for Day 2 I'd say Joel and Tom Servo from MST3K. Because.......MST3K.

The Mass Effect squad was nice, but the midget Master Chief just kills it for me. At least they included both a MaleShep AND a FemShep....and the FemShep was an infiltrator! My personal "canon" Shepard is a FemShep Infiltrator! :D

EDIT: Not that I didn't LIKE the kid in the MC costume, it just ruined the whole ME motif. That, and he reminded me of one of the midget Crimson Lance guys from the Fort Knoxx DLC for Borderlands. Still a great costume for a kid to wear (and very well made too), just I'm not as gushy about it as it seems a lot of other people who responded are. :P

Re-EDIT: I was trying to think of who the kid could have been to complete the ME theme. Annnnnnnd yeah, it's probably a good thing they didn't dress him (or I suppose her, can't tell in full SPARTAN armor :P) as The Catalyst. :3

Favorites of the set, the awesome Shadow Triad in the second picture. Also, little Master Chief is pretty adorable too.

There are some really good ones here, from the many Mass Effect costumes, to the littlest Master Chief, to the guy with the Joel Robinson costume (God I miss that show...)

Holy moly that Samara was awesome. I love how those ladies even marked their bosom in good old borderlands cell-shading fashion.

Load of Lague of Legends.
But very nice cosplay over there this year!

Queen Michael:

LoL characters, more than 100 of 'em, yet all of them derivative, but still different.

The Tali cosplayer is a friend of mine from school. She and her friends spent a ton of time making the costume. So cool to see her in the gallery.

Picture number 3 wins my heart. The fact that there's people cosplaying the main characters from Valkyria Chronicles... <3

Valkyria Chronicles! Yessss! That game needs more love <3

Lots of LoL cosplay here.

Headsprouter:
Yeah! The Krieg one was awesome! Having abdominal muscle of some degree really helps, and the helmet and gauntlet design was very good! I'd praise Moxxi and Lilith, too, but there's far too many of those two floating about, I haven't gotten bored of seeing Krieg yet.

Everything else, whether I know 'em or not, pretty cool. The little sister later on wasn't getting very into character, though...then again, it must have been awkward...

I was Krieg for the full 4-days. Thank you for the complements :)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here