Torchlight 2 Devs Have "No Plans" For Console Release

Pages PREV 1 2 3

AJey:

Lunar Templar:

AJey:

Good to know that you are not interested in the conversation, only your assumed superiority. It takes talent to misconstrue and misinterpret simple things, but you did well. I hope the view from that high horse is good, because it's only in your head.

so, disagree with you = delusional? That what your saying?

Well I suppose it's to be expected from some one who couldn't be bothered to form an argument beyond 'because I said so'

Ha ha ha! This is getting amusing, truly. Your ability to come up with silly conjectures is astonishing. How are you doing that? "disagree with you = delusional?" - how did you come up with that? How? It's contextually bonkers. What the hell?!

So providing direct comparisons is now considered "because I said so"? Great logic, mate. Honestly, your mind works weirdly.

While I COULD waste more of my life explaining something you should be able to figure out on your own, AND continue a discussion about something that, factually, is totally meaningless and at the end of the day nothing more then opinion...

I got my PC back up and running again.

so, yeah ....

My utility for you as a distraction from boredom is pretty much over.

I'd say its been fun, and thought provoking, and you presented you points well, but that would make me a colossal lier on the scale of most American politicians. But as a time waster, you did an satisfactory job, not great but good enough.

So yeah, at the end of the day, this whole discussion was just me using you to stave off boredom for a little while longer via the discussion of something that I don't actually care one way or another about :3

Lunar Templar:

AJey:

Lunar Templar:

so, disagree with you = delusional? That what your saying?

Well I suppose it's to be expected from some one who couldn't be bothered to form an argument beyond 'because I said so'

Ha ha ha! This is getting amusing, truly. Your ability to come up with silly conjectures is astonishing. How are you doing that? "disagree with you = delusional?" - how did you come up with that? How? It's contextually bonkers. What the hell?!

So providing direct comparisons is now considered "because I said so"? Great logic, mate. Honestly, your mind works weirdly.

While I COULD waste more of my life explaining something you should be able to figure out on your own, AND continue a discussion about something that, factually, is totally meaningless and at the end of the day nothing more then opinion...

I got my PC back up and running again.

so, yeah ....

My utility for you as a distraction from boredom is pretty much over.

I'd say its been fun, and thought provoking, and you presented you points well, but that would make me a colossal lier on the scale of most American politicians. But as a time waster, you did an satisfactory job, not great but good enough.

So yeah, at the end of the day, this whole discussion was just me using you to stave off boredom for a little while longer via the discussion of something that I don't actually care one way or another about :3

Yeah, yeah... distraction, fun, boredom, blah blah blah. Whatever rows your boat, buddy. Seen too many of you heyboard heroes to give a shit. Just keep thinking you're right by default. It served you good so far, right?

AJey:

Yeah, yeah... distraction, fun, boredom, blah blah blah. Whatever rows your boat, buddy. Seen too many of you heyboard heroes to give a shit. Just keep thinking you're right by default. It served you good so far, right?

would help if you knew how to make a point with out killing it at the same time.

more over, you once again, missed an important detail.

I never cared about any of this to begin with :p

Lunar Templar:

AJey:

would help if you knew how to make a point with out killing it at the same time.

For someone who doesnt care, you are rather eager to reply. So keep on repeating that. Maybe it will magically become true.

AJey:

Lunar Templar:

AJey:

For someone who doesnt care, you are rather eager to reply. So keep on repeating that. Maybe it will magically become true.

about the KB/M VS game pad thing? not at all. but then, pretty sure you noticed that conversation died about the time i refused to take the bait of your leading question.

just replying to your personal attacks against me now. don't like it stop replying

Lunar Templar:

AJey:

Lunar Templar:

about the KB/M VS game pad thing? not at all. but then, pretty sure you noticed that conversation died about the time i refused to take the bait of your leading question.

just replying to your personal attacks against me now. don't like it stop replying

Personal attacks? Ha ha ha! You are a funny guy, Mr. double-standard.

AJey:

Kheapathic:

AJey:

Preference has nothing to do with it. You can prefer an inferior system and be happy with it. I am talking about objective advantages. So you agree RTS are better on PC. What about FPS? Shooting is more accurate with a mouse how ever you look at it. What about action RPGs? A mouse gives you much better precision. Racing can be better with controller, and platformers, and point-and-click adventures, and simulators etc. Just like I said, both have their advantageous genres. Why you refuse to see that action RPGs are better on PC is beyond me.

What objective advantage would that be? If you're fighting against the AI, there's not much of an advantage because of your control scheme. If you're playing against others, I'm unaware of a game that allows different control methods, so again no advantage. I don't see them as superior because I've had no problems in games with either control methods. I'm not a snob who demands to be accomodated and can adapt to what's given to me. So again, why with no coaxing did you have to come in here and piss all over everything in the name of superiority?

So now you gonna put words in my mouth? Who asked to be accommodated exactly? I dont remember myself doing that.

The fact that you have to ask what advantages mouse offers says a lot to me. Your little conjecture about AI or other players is irrelevant. Mouse is better for aiming. Period. End of story. If you cant understand such simple fact, you have no business schooling others.

Your lambasting of the other poster when he gave a thought out control scheme. You'd rather play on a keyboard and mouse, where you can have everything at your fingertips, but you dismiss instead of recognizing a controller scheme that would work. You're wanting to be accomodated.

Mouse is better for aiming, okay; but if all your opponents are using the same thing is it really an advantage or just putting yourself on a level playing field? As for my "conjecture" about the AI; they're there to be destroyed, your control method of doing so preferential. I also don't play many shooters, because I find them bland, so I'll cede that one to you. I also never claimed to have schooled you or anyone.

I'll ask again, why without coaxing did you feel the need to come here and piss all over everything? Especially when the announcement was there isn't going to be a console version. Are you that starved for attention and acceptance?

Kheapathic:

AJey:

Kheapathic:

What objective advantage would that be? If you're fighting against the AI, there's not much of an advantage because of your control scheme. If you're playing against others, I'm unaware of a game that allows different control methods, so again no advantage. I don't see them as superior because I've had no problems in games with either control methods. I'm not a snob who demands to be accomodated and can adapt to what's given to me. So again, why with no coaxing did you have to come in here and piss all over everything in the name of superiority?

So now you gonna put words in my mouth? Who asked to be accommodated exactly? I dont remember myself doing that.

The fact that you have to ask what advantages mouse offers says a lot to me. Your little conjecture about AI or other players is irrelevant. Mouse is better for aiming. Period. End of story. If you cant understand such simple fact, you have no business schooling others.

Your lambasting of the other poster when he gave a thought out control scheme. You'd rather play on a keyboard and mouse, where you can have everything at your fingertips, but you dismiss instead of recognizing a controller scheme that would work. You're wanting to be accomodated.

Mouse is better for aiming, okay; but if all your opponents are using the same thing is it really an advantage or just putting yourself on a level playing field? As for my "conjecture" about the AI; they're there to be destroyed, your control method of doing so preferential. I also don't play many shooters, because I find them bland, so I'll cede that one to you. I also never claimed to have schooled you or anyone.

I'll ask again, why without coaxing did you feel the need to come here and piss all over everything? Especially when the announcement was there isn't going to be a console version. Are you that starved for attention and acceptance?

Let me clear one thing up - I never dismissed alternative control schemes. Never. I was comparing keyboard + mouse to controller. That was my crime in this comment thread. I admit, my original comment came off arrogant and angry, but angry is exactly what i feel when I read about cross-platforming and ports. For example, pretty much everyone can agree that FPS with a mouse is much more efficient. But because consoles are dominant gaming platforms, most FPSs come out on consoles and maybe get a port to PC (not often a good port I might add). Or take Skyrim and how its UI was designed for a console, thus making it extremely inconvenient. Same problem with JRPGs since all of them are designed with a controller in mind, so you cant have mechanically complex game. You dont have enough control freedom and flexibility. Just like I said to others, every genre has its advantageous platform. My problem, my original problem that I implied in that very first comment, was that developers often disregard what is best for the game, and choose what is best for making money. I'm mainly PC gamer, but I like occasional Wii, or a JRPG on PS3, I even picked up Pokemon Black and White for DS a week ago and am interested in new Vita approach. I just hate when a game can have more complexity, freedom or simple convenience, and it all is ignored for the sake of availability.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here