Draw Harley Quinn Naked, Killing Herself, To Win DC Artist Contest

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Hagi:
I realize it's a thrill to be offended, to feel that righteous anger for the wrongs that others do

On the contrary, I find these incidents depressing, and the arguments that inevitably spring up emotionally draining. They leave me feeling dejected and disgusted with humanity about 90% of the time.

Look seriously? A singular person making a suggestion as one of the POSSIBLE picks in a drawing contest doesn't mean that the entirety of DC is sexist, come on people. It doesn't necessarily even mean that the person making the comment is sexist, you people are reading in way way too fucking much into something so small.

Yes it was badly phrased, but that's probably ALL IT WAS.

Starfires remodel means that everyone in DC is sexist.

Maiev Shadowsong:

anthony87:

Maiev Shadowsong:
I was talking to my boyfriend about this. He pointed something out that someone had pointed out to him.

They specifically make a point of requesting she be nude. Not just in the bath. Not bathing. Nude. Why? Because stressing that she be naked means the artists stress that she is naked. Her being visibly nude is part of the requirement. DC is going out of their way to ask that her body be exposed. While turning women into bodies to ogle is nothing new, doing it on top of the subject of suicide is profoundly tasteless.

It's not really sexist, but it is objectifying and objectionable. It's also really fucking dumb.

EDIT: If this is how DC wants to act, they can consider their logo an automatic deal breaker for me on any product. I'm not offended personally. I'm sickened by their tact.

......Boudica?

Boudica is that you?

Misquote? Or I don't get the joke lol.

Nah no joke. You just remind me a lot of someone who used to post around here, it's uncanny really.

Maiev Shadowsong:

Nice knee-jerk.

The irony....

Trilligan:

Hagi:
I realize it's a thrill to be offended, to feel that righteous anger for the wrongs that others do

On the contrary, I find these incidents depressing, and the arguments that inevitably spring up emotionally draining. They leave me feeling dejected and disgusted with humanity about 90% of the time.

Yet still you're here, jumping to conclusions that this contest might possibly result something sexist and offensive.

Why not just wait until the results? If it turns out innocent and the nudity used for non-sexual purposes then you've saved yourself both depression and the emotional drain. If it does turn out to be a vile sexualization of suicide then you'll still be depressed but not nearly as emotionally drained as there'll be a lot less arguments since you'll actually have some proof on your hands instead of merely assumptions.

There's absolutely no benefit to jumping the gun and becoming offended before something offensive has actually happened beyond righteous indignation. It's just simple self-destructive behavior if you're not even getting that out of it.

I'd take a look at yourself first before feeling dejected and disgusted by the rest of humanity.

anthony87:

Maiev Shadowsong:

anthony87:

......Boudica?

Boudica is that you?

Nah no joke. You just remind me a lot of someone who used to post around here, it's uncanny really.

Maiev Shadowsong:

Nice knee-jerk.

The irony....

Stunning contribution to the thread and all, but anything else? Or is that it? You remind me of someone and stating that there is irony. Nice discussion >_>

Maiev Shadowsong:

Danny Ocean:

Maiev Shadowsong:
You're the one missing the point.

No need to get defensive. I never said anyone else was wrong-- I said it depended on interpretation.

Nudity = not a problem.

They don't want an image where she happens to be nude though. They want to *see* nudity. They want her exposed. They want to see skin. They want the artist to make it known she has no clothes on. Her nakedness isn't par for course like it would be expected in the bath. Her figure isn't mundane. They go out of their way to demand her body be seen.

While she's killing herself.

And that doesn't scream 'sex' to me.

I know I'm rather an unusual individual in these things, but to be honest I don't think it's going to scream 'sex' to very many people (male or female) at all.

I imagine that in other people it will conjure the same sort of thoughts as in me. Of people having breakdowns in showers, crying to themselves with guns to their heads. Or individuals standing nude before mirrors judging themselves to death. Or a soldier regretting the person he became in a war, shedding their uniform, and then killing themselves.

Again, consider these: "Draw for me a woman killing herself in the bath."
"Draw for me a woman killing herself in the bath. Make sure she's naked."

Guess which one is seedy.

The second, of course, but the comparison you're making is not as apt as it first seems. Slight re-arrangements of words completely change the meaning of the sentence. The textual medium is missing tone and inflection and body language. He didn't write it, he said it, and he didn't say it like that:

Here's how to enter:

Read the rules & regulations listed below to confirm that you are eligible to enter DC Entertainment's Open Talent Search and agree to the terms and conditions.

Read the following script page and give us your original artistic interpretation of what those four panels should look like on a single page:

PAGE 15

4 panels

PANEL 1
Harley is on top of a building, holding a large DETACHED cellphone tower in her hands as lightning is striking just about everywhere except her tower. She is looking at us like she cannot believe what she is doing. Beside herself. Not happy.

PANEL 2
Harley is sitting in an alligator pond, on a little island with a suit of raw chicken on, rolling her eyes like once again, she cannot believe where she has found herself. We see the alligators ignoring her.

PANEL 3
Harley is sitting in an open whale mouth, tickling the inside of the whale's mouth with a feather. She is ecstatic and happy, like this is the most fun ever.

PANEL 4
Harley sitting naked in a bathtub with toasters, blow dryers, blenders, appliances all dangling above the bathtub and she has a cord that will release them all. We are watching the moment before the inevitable death. Her expression is one of "oh well, guess that's it for me" and she has resigned herself to the moment that is going to happen.

If we were to read it out loud, the naked is more of a throwaway clarification. If it were this:

"Harley sitting, naked, in a bathtub with toasters"

or

"Harley sitting in a bathtub with toasters, naked."

I'd be more inclined to judge his intent the same way you do. To me, it seems like they want the tub to be empty, so they wanted to clarify that she should still be nude even though there's no water in there.

And what I'm saying is that their request is not out of desire for a picture to whack off to, but to express a more nuanced personal crisis through the artistic medium.

Perhaps you imagine an overweight man lecherously making the request for this picture, but imagine if you will a member of the beret-wearing intelligentsia making the same statement. Or if it had been written by a woman?

Have you ever read a DC comic featuring a woman or seen any of their female art? Expecting implicit nudity to be anything other than fan service would get you ten to the one.

This isn't art. This is DC. Align expectations accordingly.

Cop-out.

They didn't demand to see skin, they didn't demand fan service. So you were wrong.

DC really has come to mean Dumb and Crappy since infinite crisis hasn't it?

Okay, "It's not necessarily sexy" and all of that, yeah sure. And I am sure every entry will be absolutely tasteful, particularly the winning one. Sure.

It is still a company asking artists to draw a beloved character in such a total broken state that she commits suicide.

Har. Har. Har.

You can argue that it isn't sexist, that isn't objectifying or anything like that, it is still the sort of mean spirited crap that serves as a mark of the people running DC being shitty people.

Maiev Shadowsong:

anthony87:

Maiev Shadowsong:

Maiev Shadowsong:

Nice knee-jerk.

The irony....

Stunning contribution to the thread and all, but anything else? Or is that it? You remind me of someone and stating that there is irony. Nice discussion >_>

Now now, I'm just thinking out loud. No reason to be snippy ^_^

Besides, it's less of a discussion and more people talking to each other about why they're right and others are wrong. Par for the course with these kinds of things really.

Regarding the topic anyway, I happen to think the outcry is partly due to poor wording on DC's part and partly due to people looking for something to be outraged at. Kinda like the whole Tomb Raider nonsense.

I don't read comics but when I saw this headline I reacted with mild curiosity rather than disgust.

I already had the Looney Tunes style humour in my head before I read on because that's my understanding of Harley's character from other media.

Would this have met the same outrage if it had been the Joker's suicide? Besides gender, are his character and Harley Quinn's really so different that this act would feel out of place for one and not the other?

DC is going Full Retard. Never go Full Retard.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm not up to date with the comic world. Then shitstorms like this happen and I remember.

I think I'll just watch this one from the sidelines and let this thread revolve around me.

It's not the sexism flag that bugs me, but the 'lol suicide' part. This shit is no joke and if DC wants to make light of it, then they can get fucked

The Great JT:
Keep it classy, DiDio!

Seriously, someone fire him.

I may not be entirely clear on the DC entertainment hierarchy, but I thought DiDio and Jim Lee are CO-publishers, and Geoff Johns, a living example of the Promoted Fanboy trope, is Chief Creative Officer, which sounds like he outranks Publisher. If anyone has the power to fire DiDio, it sounds like Johns.

OT: Well, this is a fine way to start my Monday. Open up The Escapist and I read "Draw Harley Quinn Killing Herself & Naked, Get A Job at DC Comics!" I understand how people would be offended by that, what with how Harley changed when the Nu52 began, but I can see also it's TOTALLY in character for Quinn. Why? Because she's a MAD PERSON! Drawing humor from death and other dark subject matter is her and the Joker's shtick! Although, the Joker as seen in the Death of The Family crossover wasn't funny at all, just pure High Octane Nightmare Fuel. But with her Puddin' possibly pushing up daisies now, it looks like Harley doesn't have much reason to keep going. I will save my outrage for how this looks in an actual drawing, when it happens.

Sgt. Sykes:

BTW if you consider this 'sexualized', ask any paramedic who was called to a real naked female suicide how turned on they were by the dead blue body they found. I think not much.

...yeah, I also wouldn't recommend doing that unless you want to get punched.

About the nudity: I'm told that suicide victims try to find the most comfortable setting so they can go through with it. Harley's rather much an exhibitionist, so it wouldn't surprise me that she's comfortable naked. With how manic and obsessive Harley is, this all seems very much in line with her character.

So why bring such emphasis to her nude suicide? Well, its the elephant in the room. Yes, it is supposed to be shocking. Depicting suicides are MEANT to be shocking. I'd say sexualizing it would accomplish that goal nicely. Its like Baroque artwork. I'm not saying its pleasant, and I definitely don't want to see it, but I can see the artistic value.

EDIT: You know what? I sound too much like a fraking know-it-all writing this crap. I guess I'm just not that moved by this, trying to give meaning to my pointless observation. *sigh*

Hagi:
I'd take a look at yourself first before feeling dejected and disgusted by the rest of humanity.

Ironically, you probably wouldn't. You certainly seem fine with jumping to a bunch of conclusions about my motivations, even though you don't know me at all.

So take your own advice, and look to yourself before you start accusing me of leaping to conclusions, because that makes you both an ass AND a hypocrite.

Trilligan:

Hagi:

Ironically, you probably wouldn't. You certainly seem fine with jumping to a bunch of conclusions about my motivations, even though you don't know me at all.

So take your own advice, and look to yourself before you start accusing me of leaping to conclusions, because that makes you both an ass AND a hypocrite.

I have looked at myself. I'm not doing anything that's just causing me to feel bad about myself and others.

You, by your own admission, are. That's not an assumption, that's not jumping to conclusions. That's just going on the information you yourself provided. You say you end up feeling depressed and emotionally drained. You say you end up feeling disgusted and dejected by humanity. Your words, not mine.

And all because you start turning this matter into a wrong before it even is one.

But nothing wrong has happened yet. Certainly, your fears may come to pass. Or they may not, we don't know. But nothing has happened yet, so all you're doing right now, making yourself feel depressed, emotionally drained and feeling disgusted and dejected by humanity is of your own doing. Others aren't doing this to you, you should't look at them. You should look at yourself, you're making yourself feel this way for perceiving wrongs were none have happened yet.

Lieju:
Not what it says.

Context is your friend. The first three pannels are all comically overblown and failing attempts at suicide (lughting won't strike, crocs ignore her, whale won't bite down).

If you want to take two sentences out of the whole page and act as if they exist in a vaccum you will certainly get a different impression of what they want.

Lieju:
So?

So figuring out what the writer meant is likely part of the contest.

Which means giving you the answer before you try would be stupid.

Lieju:
That just means the fault

The fault is with the people who rage for no god damned reason.

Lieju:
So, you are a mind-reader!

"If I were to hazard a guess" would be the key phrase there.

Less mind reading, more ACTUAL reading.

Lieju:
Because US superhero-comics (and especially DC lately) have a bad track-record of it.

And THERE right there is exactly YOUR problem.

You come in EXPECTING them to be doing something wrong. This isn't coming from anything on the pge. It is your own, personal prejudice against them clouding your judgement.

If a pathological liar says the sky is blue, will you suddenly say it's pink? Then why are you denouncing them for THIS because of their past transgressions when THIS in and of itself isn't a problem.

Don't worry, you aren't alone. Bet most of the people complaining are on the same boat.

Maiev Shadowsong:
This isn't art. This is DC. Align expectations accordingly.

Yup, definetely more than one person...

DC's previous actions do not make this one inherently a problem. You read naked and see sexualized because YOU want to, not because of anything THEY said.

What he hell DC? The first 3 are overblown loony toon like fail suicide attempt so it's humour at least but the last one has no funny element to it and the fact that they are specifically requiring her to be naked (yes she's in bath but she isn't actually having a bath, she is committing suicide and they didn't specify there had to be water which is required if she is coming suicide that way) makes it sound like they want fucked up suicide cheesecake. That said they might not and just have been incredibly stupid with the wording. They MAY pick one as the winner which isn't fanservicy and I think people should hold on the outrage until then at least but this whole thing just seem in very bad taste.

I'm not against depictions of suicide though I do think its tasteless to have that as a competition, I'm not against horrific things happening to characters in general and I'm not against cheesecake though it will put me off a comic pretty quickly if it's too central and they break scenes for it. However combining suicide and cheesecake in the same scene is disgusting.

The outcry on this contest rather reminds me of the Tomb Raider outcry over the PR person's comments about "you'll want to protect Lara" (totally not an actual quote). The statement raised some eyebrows (to say the least), but when we got to the final product, we found that it wasn't executed nearly as badly as people were fearing.

The same seems to be the case here. I understand how people would be wary about the extra use of the word 'naked' (though I don't agree), but until we see the 4-panel layout that DC goes with, or get detailed clarification by DC that indicates otherwise, the outcry seems to be jumping the gun.

It could end up being a sexualized or objectified or just plain tasteless rendition. It could also be a case where DC simply used one too many words. We just don't know right now.

..The fuck?

I... I... what?

I'm not overstating this here, I am genuinely speechless, what in the hell is DC thinking?
I don't get it, what's the joke here, what am I missing? Is this supposed to be some kind of pitch black humor? Is it part of some kind of ARG where they're intentionally making themselves look like ass hats? Is it all just a method of generating traffic through controversy? WHAT IS THIS?

Karloff:

Contest collaborator Jimmy Palmiotti allegedly claimed that the comic was intended to be "Chuck Jones loony toons humor style."

It's funny how when I read the original article that's what I was thinking of. Everyone else assumed the worst. It's like all the people complaining are ironically the horribly depressing people applying the worst possible context where it wasn't there.

And now I know why we can't have dark humor anymore.

I miss when people took things in context and could laugh.

Didio is trying sooo haaard to make everything edgy and grimdark these days. Seriously, it's like the DC editors want to alienate fans and for people to hate them since the New52 started. I mean, they must know this isn't something Harley would be doing, so they must be doing it on purpose to get a response from people. 34edgy8me, DC

Madame_le_Flour:
..The fuck?

I... I... what?

I'm not overstating this here, I am genuinely speechless, what in the hell is DC thinking?
I don't get it, what's the joke here, what am I missing? Is this supposed to be some kind of pitch black humor? Is it part of some kind of ARG where they're intentionally making themselves look like ass hats? Is it all just a method of generating traffic through controversy? WHAT IS THIS?

Its pitch black humor, part of the joker-harley revamp of new 52. An iteration of DC so dark that it started to alienate fans by how far it goes.

Hell, joker tries to make even the sickest jokes funny. The best one I know was from the death of the family story arc:

The Deadpool:

Context is your friend.

Oh, I agree with that.

The Deadpool:

Which means giving you the answer before you try would be stupid.

But I need the practise! I need to actively try to be stupid to mask my magnificent intelligence to fit in with the rest of the humanity.

The Deadpool:

And THERE right there is exactly YOUR problem.

You come in EXPECTING them to be doing something wrong. This isn't coming from anything on the pge. It is your own, personal prejudice against them clouding your judgement.

If a pathological liar says the sky is blue, will you suddenly say it's pink? Then why are you denouncing them for THIS because of their past transgressions when THIS in and of itself isn't a problem.

Don't worry, you aren't alone. Bet most of the people complaining are on the same boat.

And what, exactly, are you assuming is my problem with this?
Have I said anything about it being sexist or misogynistic?

My criticism for this contest is that it was badly and confusingly worded, in bad taste, and dumb. (And that it doesn't actually tell them much about the actual skill of the artist, but we all know they aren't really going to offer the winner a job)

Maybe you are seeing things and motivations that aren't there?

Maiev Shadowsong:

Thoric485:
Breaking news: When people go to art school is highly likely they'll be forced to draw nude female models. Call the authorities.

Actually, you've just missed the entire point of the discussion. Nudity itself was never the issue.

Nice knee-jerk.

That's complete rubbish, and to prove with a simple question.

Is there anyone here, who has already commented thus far, who is on record complaining about the way Bioshock Infinite glorified suicide? If this is truly more about the issue of suicide then anything else, where is all the condemnation by the writers over at Irrational Games?

Here I'll even jog your memories with a Youtube link. Which I've hidden behind the spoiler tag below because the spoilers don't get any bigger than the video I'm about to post.

Paradoxrifts:

Maiev Shadowsong:

Thoric485:
Breaking news: When people go to art school is highly likely they'll be forced to draw nude female models. Call the authorities.

Actually, you've just missed the entire point of the discussion. Nudity itself was never the issue.

Nice knee-jerk.

Is there anyone here, who has already commented thus far, who is on record complaining about the way Bioshock Infinite glorified suicide? If this is truly more about the issue of suicide then anything else, where is all the condemnation by the writers over at Irrational Games?

Here I'll even jog your memories with a Youtube link. Which I've hidden behind the spoiler tag below because the spoilers don't get any bigger than the video I'm about to post.

Suicide wasn't the issue either.

In fact, I specifically said "Suicide and nudity are fine in comics." You'd know if you read what you reply to.

Maiev Shadowsong:

Paradoxrifts:

Maiev Shadowsong:

Nice knee-jerk.

In fact, I specifically said "Suicide and nudity are fine in comics." You'd know if you read what you reply to.

So offensive content is completely fine? I mean, so long as you don't personally find it offensive that is, right?

Paradoxrifts:

Maiev Shadowsong:

Paradoxrifts:

So offensive content is completely fine? I mean, so long as you don't personally find it offensive that is, right?

So now it is offensive? Interesting that your argument changes tact to be as contrary as possible. It's almost like you don't actually know what you are talking about and have no vested interest in the topic, but are simply entering a debate. There should be a word to describe that sort of behavior.

DementedSheep:
What he hell DC? The first 3 are overblown loony toon like fail suicide attempt so it's humour at least but the last one has no funny element to it and the fact that they are specifically requiring her to be naked (yes she's in bath but she isn't actually having a bath, she is committing suicide and they didn't specify there had to be water which is required if she is coming suicide that way) makes it sound like they want fucked up suicide cheesecake. That said they might not and just have been incredibly stupid with the wording. They MAY pick one as the winner which isn't fanservicy and I think people should hold on the outrage until then at least but this whole thing just seem in very bad taste.

I'm not against depictions of suicide though I do think its tasteless to have that as a competition, I'm not against horrific things happening to characters in general nor I'm not against cheesecake though it will put me off a comic pretty quickly if it's too central and they break scenes for it. However combing suicide and cheesecake in the same scene is disgusting.

I just love how some dudes are like well durr shes in a bath she has to be naked. Yes. But she doesn't HAVE to be in a bath. She could be on a roof. Or in a pool. OR ANYTHING ELSE. They deliberately decided that she had to be naked to commit suicide.

Maiev Shadowsong:

Paradoxrifts:

Maiev Shadowsong:

So now it is offensive? Interesting that your argument changes tact to be as contrary as possible. It's almost like you don't actually know what you are talking about and have no vested interest in the topic, but are simply entering a debate. There should be a word to describe that sort of behavior.

At this stage of the proceedings, are you really resorting to attacking the messenger?

Earlier you wanted evidence that nobody blink an eyelid if it were a man. Well, there it is. One multimillion dollar gaming experience, which you ought to have played by now, and to be frank it wasn't like I was hard-pressed to find an examples of a good-looking men with plenty of sex appeal killing themselves onscreen. Romeo & Juliet. Titanic. Donnie Darko. The Hunger Games. Armageddon. Looper. The list goes on and on, but I think that's a sufficient sampling for this discussion.

Women fucking love them some male disposability. This is not open for interpretation. This is readily apparent fact. From the helpless schmucks and mooks who appear briefly in one guise or another to serve only has traction on the male hero's ascent to worth, to hero's own final selfless act of suicide, there is plenty of media out there that tell men that their lives are less important then those of their women. Now I'll grant you that none of these male characters were naked. But all of them were sexually desirable in an open mainstream way that Harley Quinn could never be. Irregardless of how she was drawn. Whether she was drawn clothed or naked. Whether she was drawn happy or unhappy. Bathtub, or no bathtub.

And you want to object to a contest to see who can draw a four-panel gag strip that features a comic book character that most people on the street wouldn't even know the name of? On the off chance that somebody out there might draw something nasty and submit it to DC?

Well, I got news for you, Rule 34. They're already doing it. They're doing it hard.

Paradoxrifts:

Maiev Shadowsong:

Paradoxrifts:

At this stage of the proceedings, are you really resorting to attacking the messenger?

Earlier you wanted evidence that nobody blink an eyelid if it were a man. Well, there it is. One multimillion dollar gaming experience, which you ought to have played by now, and to be frank it wasn't like I was hard-pressed to find an examples of a good-looking men with plenty of sex appeal killing themselves onscreen. Romeo & Juliet. Titanic. Donnie Darko. The Hunger Games. Armageddon. Looper. The list goes on and on, but I think that's a sufficient sampling for this discussion.

Women fucking love them some male disposability. This is not open for interpretation. This is readily apparent fact. From the helpless schmucks and mooks who appear briefly in one guise or another to serve only has traction on the male hero's ascent to worth, to hero's own final selfless act of suicide, there is plenty of media out there that tell men that their lives are less important then those of their women. Now I'll grant you that none of these male characters were naked. But all of them were sexually desirable in an open mainstream way that Harley Quinn could never be. Irregardless of how she was drawn. Whether she was drawn clothed or naked. Whether she was drawn happy or unhappy. Bathtub, or no bathtub.

And you want to object to a contest to see who can draw a four-panel gag strip that features a comic book character that most people on the street wouldn't even know the name of? On the off chance that somebody out there might draw something nasty and submit it to DC?

Well, I got news for you, Rule 34. They're already doing it. They're doing it hard.

Ohhhh. So now it isn't offensive and is quite common. Weird. Your argument seems to change to best be contrary every time you comment. Almost as if you simply want to instigate. How strange.

Furthermore, you go on to build yourself a nice little strawman by supplying evidence of a different suicide to support your point that "if this was exactly the same, but with the Joker, no one would be offended." Clearly you didn't do that on purpose. I mean, how silly would someone be to say "exactly the same" and then show something totally different lol.

Paradoxrifts:
Irregardless.

Heads up: irregardless is not a word. In fact, it's something of an oxymoron.

The more you know!

Sgt. Sykes:
I'll quote myself from another topic:

Okay let me ask here... What's the problem?

- people do commit suicide in bathtubs
- when they do it, I assume they're quite often naked

Also, AFAIK, Harley is crazy. Crazy people often run around naked.

Plus it's jut one of 4 panels which are supposed to show her suicide attempts.

So... Well?

Oh, right. 'Naked female suicide' makes for great headlines. No matter that it's just one of 4 scenarios (and the most realistic). No matter that the topic is friggin' SUICIDE. No, it's because it's a) female b) naked. BAN THAT SHIT!!!

BTW if you consider this 'sexualized', ask any paramedic who was called to a real naked female suicide how turned on they were by the dead blue body they found. I think not much.

It's sad that you don't want to get this. It's in bad taste, if you want this piece of art to happen, maybe just ask an established artist who can create it, sending an effective contest announcement is in poor taste. I fully understand the intent behind his idea, and I think it would be a wonderful piece, but asking everyone to revel and create and remix the idea is not what DC needs to be doing right now to show support for women. This is the company who started Women in Refrigerators, kiss off all it's lesbians and gay characters, forced Apollo and Midnighter to not be affectionate, RAPED BIG BARDA and turned 90% of it's female cast into super powered bimbos.

Also nobody is saying BAN, new rule, in geek/nerd/gaming culture to suggest censorship is the same thing as invoking Nazi's in a normal conversation. Do it once and your point is thrown out as trolling.

Fenrox Jackson:
I fully understand the intent behind his idea, and I think it would be a wonderful piece, but asking everyone to revel and create and remix the idea is not what DC needs to be doing right now to show support for women.

Okay so what exactly is your problem with this contest?

That there IS a contest at all?

That it's about a woman?

What one of the 4 scenarios is about her being naked?

Why doesn't anyone complain about the fact that Harley is supposed to kill herself, but only on the 4th scenario where she's in the bathtub?

Like someone asked before... Would it be a difference if instead of Harley, it was supposed to be Bruce Wayne killing himself?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here