Pokemon X and Y Starters' Middle Evolutions Are Revealed

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Pokemon X and Y Starters' Middle Evolutions Are Revealed

Scans of the latest Japanese publication CoroCoro showcase new evolutions and details about fairy-type Pokemon.

Japanese forums were abuzz with pictures from the latest CoroCoro, a Japanese magazine with a long history with the Pokemon franchise. Magazine scans revealed the Pokemon X and Y starters's middle evolutions, though their final evolutions are still unknown. Each starter remains the same type without any additional types for the first evolution. According to Serebii, Chespin evolves to Hariboogu with the move mud shot, Fennekin evolves to Teerunaa with the move psyshock, and Froakie evolves to Gekogashira with the move bounce.

The magazine also revealed more details about fairy Pokemon in battle. The fairy type is super effective against fighting, dark, and dragon-type Pokemon, while its moves are not effective against fire, poison, or steel. As a reminder, Pokemon X's legendary Pokemon Xerneas is a fairy-type while Pokemon Y's legendary Pokemon Yveltal is a dark/flying-type. Fairy Pokemon are weak to poison and steel, resistant to fighting, dark, and bug, and immune to dragon-type moves.

CoroCoro also clarified Mewtwo's mega evolution -- in that Mewtwo gets two mega evolutions depending on whether you have X or Y. Mega Mewtwo X needs the Mewtwonite X item to mega evolve. Similarly, Mega Mewtwo Y needs Mewtwonite Y.

Additionally, the new games have a limited customization for changing your character's appearance. A famous actress in the game owns a beauty salon where she can change your character's hair and clothes.

Pokemon X and Y releases worldwide on Oct. 12 for the 3DS.

Source: Serebii

Well, I'm no longer interested in Chespin, that thing is ugly. The other two look cool, though.

Kennetic:
Well, I'm no longer interested in Chespin, that thing is ugly. The other two look cool, though.

2nd, looks like I WILL be getting Bulbasaur on my team :)

So, Fennekin rips off it's tail, and uses it as a broom? Interesting evolution mechanism.

Out of those, Gekogashira looks the coolest. Hariboogu just looks plain weird.

Fennekin evolves into a witch

garchomp is also getting a mega evolution, WHY!?! what have we done to you gamefreak, what ever it is I will pay in blood to unto it. Also loving the two fossil pokemon.

http://www.psypokes.com/news/563

This is the first time since Mudkip that the second evo of the water types look cool.

Still getting Fennekin.

On a side note, loving mewtwo's new mega evolution.

Ahahahahahah! I knew the water-type would look awesome!
Fire looks like an arrogant chick and plant looks like one of those mascots in a stadium...but who choses plant starters anyway?

Edit: "[...] Mega Mewtwo X, who evolves from Mewtwonite X [...]" What is this? I dont even

Fire is witch. Burn the Witch!

... o wait.

HalloHerrNoob:
Fire looks like an arrogant chick and plant looks like one of those mascots in a stadium...but who choses plant starters anyway?

Edit: "[...] Mega Mewtwo X, who evolves from Mewtwonite X [...]" What is this? I dont even

mewtownite X is the item mewtwo needs to hold to activate his mega evolution presumably the other one is activated by holding somehting called mewtownite Y

Saucycarpdog:
On a side note, loving mewtwo's new mega evolution.

I prefer megamewtwo Y as he reminds me of kid buu, though megamewtwo X looks a lot more like a more battle ready version of mewtwo then Y does.

Kennetic:

It's a shame because Chespin was looking like my first ever Grass starter Pokemon. Now I'm probably gonna go for Fennekin so I can have Squirtle and not feel bad about it (don't like having more than 1 of a type of Pokemon on my squad).

nuba km:

HalloHerrNoob:

mewtownite X is the item mewtwo needs to hold to activate his mega evolution presumably the other one is activated by holding somehting called mewtownite Y

Ah....that makes sense!
Mega Mewto X sounds like one of those Steet-fighter "Sequels". I wonder if theyll also do Ultra Mewto X and Ultra Mewtwo X: Ultimate Edition (including all DLCs)

HalloHerrNoob:

nuba km:

HalloHerrNoob:

Ah....that makes sense!
Mega Mewto X sounds like one of those Steet-fighter "Sequels". I wonder if theyll also do Ultra Mewto X and Ultra Mewtwo X: Ultimate Edition (including all DLCs)

then they release Mega Mewto X Ultra with some exclusive DCL 2-3 months down the line.

I'm really not liking this trend towards anthropomorphic Pokemon. If I wanted to own and train humanoid slaves, I'd play Cotton Plantation Simulator 1860.

Yup, Froakie is soo going to be my starter Pokemon unless its movepool is limited like Snivy (please don't let Froakie be useless).
I hoped that we will get to see their final form before October 12th.

MinionJoe:
I'm really not liking this trend towards anthropomorphic Pokemon. If I wanted to own and train humanoid slaves, I'd play Cotton Plantation Simulator 1860.

*clears throat*
gen 1: jinx (human with terrible fashion sense), mr.mime (mime, so nearly human), hypno (peadophile), mewtwo (lab experiment) and mahcamp(body builder)
and those are only of the top of my head:
gen 6: we have gotten: birds, bats, rabbits, mice, goats, pistol shrimps, seahorses, dinosaurs, jellyfish and jellyfish/penguin hybrid. Fenikins evolution is the only gen 6 pokemon more human then the species its already based of is.

edit:

Scarim Coral:
Yup, Froakie is soo going to be my starter Pokemon unless its movepool is limited like Snivy (please don't let Froakie be useless).
I hoped that we will get to see their final form before October 12th.

they need to release the final form in order for anyone to pick chespin, well maybe for all we know chespins final form good be even more ugly.

Kennetic:

Yup. :I

I knew that fire type was going to stand up.
Willing to bet it's another fire/fighting as well.
The frog is appealing to me more and more though, he looks awesome.

Also, that new mewtwo is great, much better than the other one.

Story:

Kennetic:

Also, that new mewtwo is awesome.

well its based off a witch and it learns a psychic move apun evolution so I am guessing fire/psychic or fire/fairy as those are the two closest types to magic as their is.

I hope Froakie's final form doesn't get all fat and ugly. I like the sleek look they gave to him. Alternatively, I hope Chespin's final form is somehow drastically different from this....thing. I hope this first evolution is just some kind of cocoon or transitional phase.

nuba km:

Story:

Kennetic:

Also, that new mewtwo is awesome.

well its based off a witch and it learns a psychic move apun evolution so I am guessing fire/psychic or fire/fairy as those are the two closest types to magic as their is.

Ah, that is nice! I would love a psychic starter, even a dark/fire type would be cool.

I swear to fuck Fennekin better not become a fire/fighting type...

Froakie's evolution looks awesome and I don't know why everyone hates Chespin so much, he looks cuddly.

I am eager to see each of their final evolutions...

PS, also saw the new Mega-Mewtwo, where the fuck is my Mega-Raichu?

If they make Mega-Pikachu, I swear to god I will be beyond pissed off...

Hmm... I was leaning toward Froakie, but it looks like, for the first time ever, I'll be going with the fire starter.

Just wanna say in regards to people complaining about Chespin's stage 1 evolution.

Shellgon and Pupitar would like a word with you.

Just wait people, these aren't their Final Evolutions, they'll more than likely get better. Also, just because Fennekin's Evo is on two legs does NOT mean it's going to be Fire/Fighting, calm down folks. Of all the moves Gamefreak has shown that Fennekin can learn, like half of them are Psychic (Psybeam, Psychic, Psycho Cut), no Fighting type moves in sight.

At the very least Fennekin will be a pure Fire type that can learn Psychic type moves.

Kennetic:

Shh, leave him alone. He's just in those awkward teenage years, I'm sure he'll grow out of it.

TizzytheTormentor:
I swear to fuck Fennekin better not become a fire/fighting type...

Froakie's evolution looks awesome and I don't know why everyone hates Chespin so much, he looks cuddly.

I am eager to see each of their final evolutions...

PS, also saw the new Mega-Mewtwo, where the fuck is my Mega-Raichu?

If they make Mega-Pikachu, I swear to god I will be beyond pissed off...

I think they all look kinda meh.

Thank fuck there's Charizard available.

SkarKrow:

MEGA-CHARIZARD MOTHERFUCKER!

Who needs a social life when we can crush the dreams of other kids, beat up their pets and rob their money! That is where the real excitement is at!

TizzytheTormentor:

SkarKrow:

Who needs a social life when we can crush the dreams of other kids, beat up their pets and rob their money! That is where the real excitement is at!

Not to mention the awesome of Mega Blastoise.

Shame about Mega Venasaur being so lame.

And I concur, if only I had a social life in the first place.

TizzytheTormentor:

SkarKrow:

Oh no megacharizard is trying to steal my money, wait what's that in the sky, IT'S A RATHER LARGE ROCK, YAY! I have nothing against charizard except for the fact that everyone picked it because it was a dragon and then everyone though I picked blastiose only so I had an advantage over all those charizards, well no I picked blastiose because its a tank turtle; tank turtles are way more awesome than dragons.

To be honest i was really hoping that Fennekin would just evolve in to a bad ass fox rather than something humanoid, still it looks better than the others, and Fire/Psychic? yes please, i was originally hoping for fire/dark but im fine with this

nuba km:
I picked blastiose because its a tank turtle; tank turtles are way more awesome than dragons.

Whats better than a gaint turtle with 2 cannons?

3-Cannons Bitch!

Bad-asstoise, use Hydro Pump!

SkarKrow:

What about this?

Mega-Vena-Zard-Toise!

Where is your god now!?

TizzytheTormentor:

nuba km:
I picked blastiose because its a tank turtle; tank turtles are way more awesome than dragons.

Whats better than a gaint turtle with 2 cannons?

3-Cannons Bitch!

Bad-asstoise, use Hydro Pump!

SkarKrow:

What about this?

Mega-Vena-Zard-Toise!

Where is your god now!?

No because then it's just a rip-off of Badass-toise.

I like the direction of Fennekin's evolution. But I really want to see chespin's final evolution. I like Froakies but I don't like frogs so thats one reason I'm kind of not picking froakie.

I stopped caring about the starters when I saw this badass:

Seriously, can I just choose this?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook