Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2 Comes Out September 26

Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2 Comes Out September 26

Get ready for more live-action Mortal Kombat later this month.

The second season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy, the popular live-action web series inspired by the game series, will be available on Machinima September 26, according to the YouTube page for the series' newest trailer. The Warner Bros-produced series stars Harry Shum, Jr (Glee), Brian Tee (Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift), and Casper Van Dien (Starship Troopers). Fans of the original Mortal Kombat film may be happy to hear that Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa will reprise his role as Shang Tsung in the series.

Season one of Mortal Kombat: Legacy has gotten more than 70 million views to date. It's popularity has paved the way for a new feature film, directed by Legacy creator Kevin Tancharoen.

Following Netflix' protocol for releasing shows on the web, every episode of MK: Legacy 2 will be available on day one for your binge-viewing pleasure. "We decided to deliver Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2 all at once," Machinima CEO Allen DeBevoise told Polygon. "Binge-viewing is a major movement in online video. We're a part of this movement, and we expect this to make for an amazing and extremely engaging user experience."

Source: Machinima via Polygon

This makes me excited in an almost biblical way. As a fan of the original MK movie, I'm stoked they got back that Shang Tsung.
Too bad they couldn't get the guy who played Johnny in the first season. That dude was intense. Still, Casper Van Dien is a good choice too. He'll bring his excellent, b-movie charm to the series.

And can I just say I love that Binge watching caught on? I always hated waiting weeks (Or months!) for the next installment of an online series, usually each one being only 10 or so minutes long.

Never been a binge watcher myself. I much prefer to digest my movies over a long period of time for more refined and cultural enrichment like a snake swallowing a field mouse whole and staying in its place as it slowly dissolves the bastard whole down to its very fine marrow.

We get everything September 26th? Fucking awesome! I can't wait! The first season had its issues, but I still loved it!

As much as I liked the first season I'm always a little disappointed we never got the weird "real world" version from the initial video.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here