Diablo III Auction House Closing Down

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Eh.....the real money one...not sad to see that go away. The gold one.....I used it quite a bit. I can't tell you how shitty my drops were so the AH certainly came in handy for getting gear but mostly I used it for crafting supplies. I guess ultimately, I probably won't miss it but I also don't see myself playing D3 again until the xpack.

It was all a clever ruse. They only but the Auction House in there and kneecapped the gameplay so they could take it out later and look cool. Should've worn my tinfoil hat today...

And let me guess, the always online stays, because? Becuase REASONS! I would say an always online requirement ultimately undermines singleplayer game's core gameplay :-D

Ferisar:

LordLundar:
Maybe they'll actually reverse the global loot nerf they implemented shortly after launch. You know, the nerf that happened because of the Auction houses.

If you've followed any news besides this on what they're doing with loot (or even the changes they've already made), you probably wouldn't have to write that comment :P

I have actually. Loot 2.0 is adjustments to the format generator to make what does drop actually useful to the class and a further nerf to the drop rate. The issue is that the announcement was made when the AH system was not slated for removal. Now that it is, the original GLN that was implemented because of it needs to be considered. To ignore it and run with Loot 2.0 as originally planned is going to make the grind even more tedious with no alternative. Now unless you want to grind for days for a single piece, that's not going to make you want to stay. And if it is a style you like, you might want to save some money and play cookie clicker.

Well that is one way to kill off the game. The gold auction house is pretty integral to the game if you have any intention at all of running on monster power 10. Diablo 2 was able to go without one because all of the items had a much smaller variation of stats on them. It was easy enough to find a good one but with diablo 3 there is so much variety on items its going to be insanely hard unless they replace the AH with something very close. It will also make rather worthless but still useful for when you just hit the cap items almost impossible to find.

Also trading is going to be really weird because gold will be completely worthless and the top end gems are far to rare to be used as a currency.

LordLundar:

I have actually. Loot 2.0 is adjustments to the format generator to make what does drop actually useful to the class and a further nerf to the drop rate. The issue is that the announcement was made when the AH system was not slated for removal. Now that it is, the original GLN that was implemented because of it needs to be considered. To ignore it and run with Loot 2.0 as originally planned is going to make the grind even more tedious with no alternative. Now unless you want to grind for days for a single piece, that's not going to make you want to stay. And if it is a style you like, you might want to save some money and play cookie clicker.

While loot 2.0 does reduce the number of uncommon items you get it actually increases the number of rare and legendary items as well as make them more useful for your class.

Thank.The.Lord.

Seriously, good riddance. I was tired of seeing outrageous prices at the AH because of the RM one. 1 billion gold for a unity ? Are you joking ? Where the fuck am I gonna get that kind of money ? I like that they finally realised that the game should be about playing to find loot and gold, not getting gold to buy the items you need. I mean, really, from all the items I have, the only ones I have either found or forged are the amulet, a ring and the shoulders.

However, there is one thing I will miss.

The only thing I liked about the auction house is that it gave me materials. Gems, Brimstone, recipes, etc. I will be sad to see it go away cause this always helped me stay ahead of the game.

As a side note, if the materials won't be sold through the game anymore (not even through say, a merchant), their prices will skyrocket before the AH goes offline.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here