Tokyo Game Show in Pictures Part 2: Cosplay Highlights

Tokyo Game Show in Pictures Part 2: Cosplay Highlights

Take a look at some of the best cosplayers of Tokyo Game Show 2013.

I am pretty sure the cardboard robot is a Jaeger (from Pacific Rim), which one? I cannot tell!

Pic #5 is Luca Blight from Suikoden II. Shame on you for not knowing that, being the best video game in history.

I'm happy that I've seen this cosplay gallery. After the PAX galleries I thought I didn't know anything about gaming or that I suck at recognizing characters. This time I recognized quite a few.

Boris Goodenough:
I am pretty sure the cardboard robot is a Jaeger (from Pacific Rim), which one? I cannot tell!

http://latino-review.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/gipsy.jpg

It looks like Gipsy Danger.

Agayek:

The visor colouring and the lacking number on the left arm threw me off a bit, but yeah you are right.

Mama frightens me. o.o

That Sora and Rikku cosplay is freaking amazing.

The Assassin group shot was easily the best one here. Just the sight of seeing every last Assassin's Creed main character there was awesome.

On a side note, there were more than a few western developed games here. I was genuinely surprised by that, I was under the impression that western games (Especially Halo and other first person shooters) weren't that popular in Japan.

Heh, so many women cosplaying as male characters, pretty cool.

It is interesting to see the different kinds of cosplay when something is in Japan versus in the west.

Ryan Hughes:
Pic #5 is Luca Blight from Suikoden II. Shame on you for not knowing that, being the best video game in history.

That's still kind of a tough one. Suikoden II is my all time favourite JRPG, but Luca Blight is supposed to be a large intimidating character. I can understand cosplay is more about the costume than physical appearance, but this guy is kind of swimming in those shoulder pauldrons that looks more like something out of DBZ. Nice choice to cosplay though!

I have to agree: The Blanka was really cool!
Also the Pyramid-Head-Group Cosplay was a great idea!

Boris Goodenough:

Agayek:

The visor colouring and the lacking number on the left arm threw me off a bit, but yeah you are right.

that's cause the number is on the wrong shoulder in the cosplay, odd mistake to make but eh, still neat

Props to the Dragon's Crown cosplayers, all 3 were great except the Elf's bow...at first I thought it was a baguette o_O

Rakor:
Mama frightens me. o.o

No way, she's adorable!

Also she would *technically* win the award for the most identical cosplay to the original character...I mean look at that face, she nailed it :P

>No Touhou Cosplayers

Urge to kill rising.

"Best Costume" has to go to the Roshis.

The best was picture #32. No, not the Ace Attorney guy, look at who he's pointing at...

That's right, Chie was best in show and don't you forget it!

Wait...

Is that Mama cosplay really a person?

I mean look at the hands, that seems to be one of those plastic fashion dolls.

Or am I just crazy?

Master Chief and Faith showing up in Japan. That sort of surprised me. One day I might have the time and energy to do a proper cosplay. Who am I kidding? No I won't.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here