Atlus Opens Teaser Site With Persona Logo, Announces P4A Update

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Atlus Opens Teaser Site With Persona Logo, Announces P4A Update

Persona Teaser Site

A new teaser site opened with the familiar P-Studio logo for Atlus' Persona team, and it can't be for the Persona 4 Arena update.

Despite all the hype, Atlus has kept quiet about a new Persona game since Persona 4's release in 2008. Today the company opened a teaser site at p-ch.jp, hinting at a reveal on Nov. 24 at 8 p.m. At the bottom of the site is the logo for Atlus' Persona team, which can be seen on their other Persona games, most recently Persona 4: Golden and Persona 4 Arena. The site's red background also shows three empty boxes at the top of the page. Would it be wrong to hope for a Persona 5 teaser?

Atlus also confirmed the latest update to Persona 4 Arena: Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold in Famitsu. The new teaser site likely is not for the update, as it already has its own website. Two characters from Persona 3 will be joining their other cast members in the update to P4A. Yukari Takeba continues to use her bow and arrow, and she's become an actress in the fictional show Phoenix Ranger Featherman R. Junpei Iori has become a baseball player, and he uses his powerful, wild swings from P3 to fight opponents with his bat.

The trailer also shows a completely new character to the universe. Sho Minazuki wears the Yasogami High School uniform around his waist, making him a classmate of the P4 characters, but his impact in the game is unknown.

Source: Teaser, Famitsu via Gameranx

Come on , Persona 5, come on Persona 5!

*hold thumbs*

Fingers crossed for P5!

The internet is going to explode that day. PERSON 5 ERMERGERDPNHDKNWKHDBW!

My body isn't ready.

I still need to finish the other Persona games :'(

My body and PS3 is ready!!!!!

*I hope it is for PS3*

If it's not Persona 5 the world shall feel the flames of my wrath.
Also if it's PS4 exclsuive or something, ain't getting a console just for that game but it's goddamn Persona, I can't not get it.

*Clicks link to P4:Arena update site*

*Sees background image*

D:
Yu is too badass for that!
And after watching the update's trailer ... I have no idea who that red headed kid is.

Other then that, I shall join all the rest and cross my buttocks for Persona 5 too. :D

If P5 winds up being a console exclusive, then we can say whatever it comes out for has won the next generations "war". In other news, who the hell is Sho?!

Wait, there are three boxes... HALF LIFE 3 X PERSONA 5 CROSSOVER CONFIRMED.

Some people have figured this out already... but judging by the six Japanese cities on the website, sadly I'm inclined to agree that this will be a concert announcement and not a game.

Now they could potentially announce a game DURING the concert, perhaps even at the opening concert in Tokyo. You're guaranteed your audience there, and it's a common practice with other companies like Namco/Bandai. But you HAVE to figure Persona 5 is coming out soon; we're on the cusp of a new game hardware generation, and the only games Atlus has on current consoles is Catherine, P4A, and a LOT of portables. They've milked Persona 4 I think a little too much at this point, so they have to put something out soon or people will start getting legitimately pissed.

I've been waiting for this!

Wonder how this new game ties into the story.

Wonder if its Persona 5 being announced, hopefully it is, been waiting for this.

More info about the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem crossover would be nice Atlus/Nintendo...

Why the hell I haven't seen that P4A teaser?! And yes, it HAS to be Persona 5! There is simply no other possibility!

IllumInaTIma:
Why the hell I haven't seen that P4A teaser?! And yes, it HAS to be Persona 5! There is simply no other possibility!

plot twist: it's a Persona Revelations remake

Persona 5! Pachinko machine exclusive!

But yeah, it has to be Persona 5, right?! And one would assume, after P4A going multi-platform, that it would be too. Which, personally, I'm okay with. Just so long as SEGA makes sure it doesn't take as long to get to Europe!

Loving that P4A update name too. "The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold". Just fantastic. XD

Yes! Yes! Yes!
This is enough to make my week by itself. I've been excited for Persona 5 since I heard it was in development, and Atlus are a company that has never disappointed me. Well, except for their shitty European localization times. Actually, that's quite an issue. Here's to hoping the game isn't region locked.

Andy Shandy:
Persona 5! Pachinko machine exclusive!

You knew about this above, didn't you?

teh_Canape:

IllumInaTIma:

plot twist: it's a Persona Revelations remake

Plot twist? More like neck twist of some unfortunate fellow who gets in my way if that happens!

Seems like everyone gets a new attack or two in this update, which I like. As for this Sho character, besides looking a bit evil and having cool sword weapons, I think it would be hilarious if this guy is

P4A Spoiler I guess...

But who knows? He might just be some random student or something. I wonder how they are going to change up the story mode now though.

Quiotu:
Some people have figured this out already... but judging by the six Japanese cities on the website, sadly I'm inclined to agree that this will be a concert announcement and not a game.

Now they could potentially announce a game DURING the concert, perhaps even at the opening concert in Tokyo. You're guaranteed your audience there, and it's a common practice with other companies like Namco/Bandai. But you HAVE to figure Persona 5 is coming out soon; we're on the cusp of a new game hardware generation, and the only games Atlus has on current consoles is Catherine, P4A, and a LOT of portables. They've milked Persona 4 I think a little too much at this point, so they have to put something out soon or people will start getting legitimately pissed.

It seems that Shuhei Yoshida tweeted a link to the website which is a good sign if you ask me.

Makes me wonder if this game is going to cover...

But alas, the concert thing sounds more likely to me at this point. Not that I'd complain - The Velvet Room was a pretty awesome performance.

As excited as I am for Persona 5 (and that's pretty excited), I personally am giddy after seeing that new P4A trailer.

Yukari... is a Power Ranger now. What.

Not that I'm complaining, but... that just seems odd. Heh, when I stop and think about it, I bet Ken from Persona 3 would love that (considering how much he loved Phoenix Ranger Featherman R in that game.)

And Junpei as a baseball player... is oddly fitting. Plus, a bat helps set him apart from the other sword-users already in the game.

... is anyone else getting the feeling that Arksys is purposefully making everyone from Persona 3 wear the most outrageous outfits possible at this point?

Been super stoked for the P4A update, since I heard about the location test a month-ish ago. I don't know if this was reported on here, but what was announced then (and isn't so apparent in the video until the end), is that each character (bar Labrys?) will have a shadow form. Been a claim too that they have no burst capability...

Seeing how this is the only announcement with any sort of game detail, I'll only be excited for this; I refuse to garner hype for P5 without seeing any combination of P and 5 on the Atlus site.

Persona: HD Collection

Revelations Persona
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Persona 3
Persona 4

Portables:
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Persona 3 FES
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden

Tanis:

Revelations Persona
Persona 3
Persona 4

Portables:
Persona 3 FES
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden

If that's the big reveal... some sort of Persona HD Collection... then, I need to burn my dread before telling all of my friends that I'm the king... (Now that I think about it, I HAVE been playing A LOT of HD collections these past couple of years...)

OT: That date's SO CLOSE to my birthday... I fucking love it... BRING IT ON, ATLUS!!

Tanis:

Revelations Persona
Persona 3
Persona 4

Portables:
Persona 3 FES
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden

Wait, Persona 3 FES Portable? Was that a mistake, or have I missed something good?

Anyhow, super excited for anything related to Persona- I'll be sure to check that teaser page every day, in case they fill those boxes over time, or something.

I was hoping for a Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei remake. It's not gonna happen though. Or an Avatar Tuner 3. Definetely not gonna happen, though. Or fuck, seeing as how I'm hoping stupid hopes, Majin Tensei 5.

I think it's also worh telling everyone that this series originated from a series of books including graphic descriptions of people being molested by slimes. It gets to stupid that it's funny.

This particular branch of the games came from an entirely weird "what if" scenario, with one of the recurring and deadliest bosses being your teacher who slowly turns himself into a robot (he has tank wheels for feet). And in one of the endings, you and your friend just to go home. Guess what you do? Leave everyone to die and piss right off.

joshuaayt:

Tanis:

Revelations Persona
Persona 3
Persona 4

Portables:
Persona 3 FES
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden

Wait, Persona 3 FES Portable? Was that a mistake, or have I missed something good?

Anyhow, super excited for anything related to Persona- I'll be sure to check that teaser page every day, in case they fill those boxes over time, or something.

There was no FES Portable, just Persona 3 Portable. Although, P3P did add the new female main character story, so there's still more content than the vanilla PS2 version. I still wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole myself though, since they locked the main character down and only let them use shortswords (which is basically a death-sentence for certain bosses and makes special weapons like the Gae Bolg worthless).

CkretAznMan:
If P5 winds up being a console exclusive, then we can say whatever it comes out for has won the next generations "war". In other news, who the hell is Sho?!

No idea; he's never been even HINTED at in the Persona series. Even Labrys was mentioned in a drama CD but Sho is brand new. I do find it interesting how they didn't show his Persona. Fun fact, his voice actor is the husband of Aigis' voice actress.

With the list of cities, sounds to me like Persona Music Live is going on tour.

Doesn't Sho have a yellow armband on? Could he be a part of the Student Council?

I do fear that the teaser site may be for a concert, due to the city names. That or P5 will take place all across Japan.

Hope its for PS3 or 360. I seriously doubt its gonna be for PS4 or Xbone tho. Of course, unless its for some crazy reason Xbone, no matter what console it goes on, its an automatic system seller to me. I will even ignore my usual hatred of Nintendo and buy a fucking WiiU if its exclusive to the system. No ifs or buts, its an instant seller.

Mahorfeus:
Makes me wonder if this game is going to cover...

Why do people still think it's gonna happen? The universe has said many many times at this point that it is 100% IMPOSSIBLE unless you literally cause world peace and cure all suffering in the world and end the Persona series. Both that or a deus ex machina saving him would be such a shitty plot twist.

People seem to forget that arcana does not just indicate personality. Strength does not indicate they are part of a sports team. Emperor does not mean they are gay. They are their current issue in the persons life. The persona represents their mask that allows them to cope with the public and their issue. Resolving the issue removes your need for the persona and gives you a different more powerful one which is because you have grown as a person due to resolving the conflict.

What I'm saying is, completing the Fool arcana doesn't mean she is going to succeed in her goal. People have completely misconstrued what personas and the arcana mean in the series.

Rainbow_Dashtruction:

Why do people still think it's gonna happen? The universe has said many many times at this point that it is 100% IMPOSSIBLE unless you literally cause world peace and cure all suffering in the world and end the Persona series. Both that or a deus ex machina saving him would be such a shitty plot twist.

People seem to forget that arcana does not just indicate personality. Strength does not indicate they are part of a sports team. Emperor does not mean they are gay. They are their current issue in the persons life. The persona represents their mask that allows them to cope with the public and their issue. Resolving the issue removes your need for the persona and gives you a different more powerful one which is because you have grown as a person due to resolving the conflict.

What I'm saying is, completing the Fool arcana doesn't mean she is going to succeed in her goal. People have completely misconstrued what personas and the arcana mean in the series.

So the next persona's colour theme will be red huh? HOW EXCITING!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here