Boy Brings Gun To School, Father Blames Minecraft

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Should someone point out how Minecraft doesn't actually have guns unless you mod them in...?

I want to warn everybody in this thread.

There seems to be an air of dismissive attitude towards the issue raised here.

If we keep letting these kids have access to these zombie-killing simulations, we might never have a zombie apocalypse.

thegingerwinter:
Also, as a sidenote, Grand Theft Auto 5 came out.

Dude, your whole post has me in damn stiches, really funny. :) But the ending, ah, I am waking the house up! You are truly a craftsman with words.

The funniest bit I find about the whole thing is that the father probably got little Timmy GTA V too. I mean, hell, with parenting like this, it's only a logical step to assume he can't read the little ESBR/PEGI ratings. I wonder what other games his kid plays. I would probably have to die laughing if right next to Minecraft on the desktop was like Manhunt or something. The father was very careful in choosing his blame target.

Another day, another irresponsible parent blaming evil video games...

Yeah minecraft is to blame... never mind that the gun and bullets were in a location that was accessible by a nine year old. Seriously, there should be a law that requires anyone trying to pass the buck like that be struck by the nearest person upside the head with the second heaviest object within immediate reach.

Minecraft

Oh wow, that house is using trapdoors as window awnings, genius! I wish I would have thought of that.

Oh right, there's some dumb story about parent negligence... Or maybe it was it a story about dumb?

dunam:
I want to warn everybody in this thread.

There seems to be an air of dismissive attitude towards the issue raised here.

If we keep letting these kids have access to these zombie-killing simulations, we might never have a zombie apocalypse.

This man knows what the stakes are

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or